1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2007.

1. snarko

snarko DLLer

Turn off frozen animations.

2. Falc

Falc Warlord

Odd that no-one's mentioned it since I've seen it in a few screenshots in this thread: the new graphics for hills and mountains have white lines going across them in a grid pattern. You can see it in Gandhi_rules's screenshot on the previous page.

Also, would it be possible to have an option that governs the mana bar width/height. All things considered I think I'd prefer a single vertical bar instead of the block, but I can imagine others having other preferences. So some modularity would be nice.

3. Arwon

Arwon

You can attack and destroy Golden Hammers in cities.

4. Gromzor

Gromzor Chieftain

Pillar of chains is not adding hammers for my unhappy population.

Also, when one of my cities goes into revolt it loses all production, I dont remember this...

5. Basil II

Basil II Bulgar Slayer

Barbarian lands was working fine for me...

6. woodelf

woodelf Bard Retired Moderator

The barb lands seems hit or miss or at least was in testing. I've been surrounded or had none at all. I like the variability.

7. Svantotvit

Svantotvit Chieftain

Yeah, realized my mistake. Thanks snarko :)

8. Kael

Kael Deity

Barbarian world is working fine for me as well.

Im going through this thread and fixing issues as I come across them. There will be a patch out later today.

For the elven worker issue it is working correctly except it still require Bronze working (once you have bronze working it adds the improvement without tearing down the forest). I will get the bronze working requirement removed.

9. Dinkeldog

Dinkeldog Chieftain

Starting my usual fight with Game Flood getting things to load.

10. elitesix

elitesix Chieftain

As Calabim, my culture goes to negative numbers and does not increase (despite +culture) when I change civics. I've tested this across two different games.

Here is a savefile:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/132796/Reduction_in_Culture.CivBeyondSwordSave

UPDATE: Ok, it may be that the negative numbers are simply not updating properly, because eventhough I was stuck at -80 the borders did expand and the number changed suddenly to positive.

FIXED: Heh, Don't try to copy over your 025 folder to keep the graphics, it keeps a bunch of stuff that messes with 030 (duh, I know). I fixed the problem by fresh installing lol.

11. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

Its not a bug, its a feature ;)

see changelog.

12. moverred

moverred Warlord

In a game with Sidar the homeland promotion is working outside cultural borders. Everything else is working great, though the Clan did spit out their "For the Horde" spell very early in game and since I had Barbarian World checked they now have Units scattered through out the world, on Islands and such. This is good for scouting I guess so it may just be that the AI is genius....
    Thanks for the Mod!

13. Dinkeldog

Dinkeldog Chieftain

Still fighting with GameFlood. It's now giving me:

Script exec error: t72.lua:68: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil): -1

14. elitesix

elitesix Chieftain

15. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

just had a game as Cardith Lorda of Sidar. very fun... but...

How does the steal mechanic work? i couldnt nick the Dragons horde from Archaeron or Orthoses axe from Perpantach :confused: is this working?

Does the miscast mechanic work? i havent had any spells miscast yet, and i cast a LOT of spells.

whats the Big Black Dude UF do?

16. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Are you sure that wasn't put there for balance issues? Since other civs can't build cottages everywhere without bronzeworking, either. Building in jungles is wrong, afaik.
    Steal--make sure it is a recon unit with the CoE religion. If so and you don't have the option, then it is bugged.
    No spells are set to miscast right now.

17. ShaggyCan

ShaggyCan Warlord

For those of you having problems with Downloading, surely there is someone who could set up a torrent?
    I'm actually kind of surprised that isn't the main method for distributing it.

I downloaded it, but it was corrupted probably due to how long it took. So back at it.

Just a suggestion

18. ZhugeTien

ZhugeTien Enlightened Despot

Okay, so the events seem to be a little glitchy... I had the Wandering Enchanter offer to enchant my warrior's weapons while playing as the Amurites. I decided to hire the fellow, and got the adept with Enchantment I in my capital. The strange part was that the warrior targeted by the event also received Enchantment I. No arcane, no channelling, just the Enchantment I promotion and his new Enchanted Blade. None of my other units received this spell sphere.

Later on, the Council of Esus had been founded by the Sheaim, though it was no one's state religion. I researched Deception hoping to get the ability to spread the religion throughout my cities only to find that the Nightwatch unit I received was unable to do so. Under the Spread Council of Esus spell in the pedia I saw that one of the requirements is that your state religion be Council of Esus before the spell to spread it can be cast. That's fine if one founds the religion, but shouldn't this religion work like the others in that once the proper tech is researched the ability to spread the religion becomes available?

Not sure if this one is a bug or not, but...: I received the event to spread Guild of Hammers in my capital after someone else had founded it. I paid to spread the Guild there, but no corporation/religion style icon showed over my city bar. Not sure if the effects were in place or not. I haven't gotten a chance to test the upgrade cost reduction.

Figured out my mistake regarding the Ratcatcher's Guild being repeatedly founded. Just had to read the pedia entry. Duhr. :hammer2:

19. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

The icon only shows on the city bar if that city is the guild HQ. Check the upper right corner of the city screen to confirm if it has an active branch or not.
    The Esus part is intentional, but you can express your opinion in the balance thread.

20. felwar

felwar Warlord

Kael, I am begging you... please, add the minimum resources thing for maps soon. Manually adding reagents to every map I play is really getting tiresome.