FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

It seems hidden units can't defend cities after all, or something. Whatever it is, my whole stack of defenders (32 units) are getting pushed out of my city when one can't defend, making the enemy take the city. (I think about 3 of the units where hidden)

EDIT: Seems like if a unit flees a battle defensively, it takes it's whole group with it as well.
The same thing happens when a unit with the immortal promotion gets "killed" -- the rest of the defenders all get pushed out of the city.

Order and Veil can co-exist in the same city -- has this been changed from previous versions?

Dead undercouncil members still count toward the total number of votes needed. There were 5 members of the undercouncil and then both the Illians and Hyborem were crushed by a combination of Van Gosarm and Sandalphon/Basium. New resolutions said "(2 of 5 votes required)" even though there were only 3 members left. I assume the same type of thing would happen with the overcouncil.

The same thing happens when a unit with the immortal promotion gets "killed" -- the rest of the defenders all get pushed out of the city.

Oh maybe that was what happened, cause I had immortal units in that city.

Order and Veil can co-exist in the same city -- has this been changed from previous versions?

Yeah, there are now some events that can happen in cities with both.

You may be right Evil Bob, about the second sic, but I suspected it should be unit as it does say "weapons" (plural) which I presummed applied only to multiple units as each unit only has one weapon (?).

Most units are groups of individuals. Even if each individual has one weapon, the group together has multiple weapons. I also tend to think of individuals as usually having more than one weapon (even if it is just a belt dagger) but that could just be me...

v0.30e. Ride of the Nine Kings wonder grants the morale promotion to great people. I just noticed it on my great engineer who spawned in the RotNK city.

But oddly I can't build royal guard in the city, they don't show up on the build list, they do show as available to build in all my other cities.

Edit

Or rather its the Hippodrome, once its built you can no longer build Royal Guard in the city with the Hippodrome. I suspect this may be a bug.

v0.30e

- All my units were granted the Immortal Promotion. I noticed that few turns after I got the required tech but I guess it happened on the turn I finished researching it. New units built later on didn't get the promotion.

- I play as Ljosalfar, captured human workers get elven promotion. Orc captured worker don't get it but they still can build on forested tiles.

- Mercenaries can spread their guild with 0 gold fee. Hiring mercenaries cost money (200 gb) as expected.

- All mercenaries I hire get the elven promotion (bug or normal?)

Magic Immunity/Elemental Immunity isn't working as intended.

The combat chance is calculating fine, but when the actual attack happens, all the strength is counted normally. For example, a meteor against Acheron will show 0.01 vs. 19 (<0.1% chance). For the actual attack, it calculates the full strength, though.

However, if you attack a fireball/meteor with a fireball, you'll always win. So it looks like the aggressor's attacks aren't working correctly, but the defender's retaliation is dropping to 0.

- All my units were granted the Immortal Promotion. I noticed that few turns after I got the required tech but I guess it happened on the turn I finished researching it. New units built later on didn't get the promotion.
Did you build Blood of the Phoenix? That is exactly what Blood of the Phoenix is supposed to do. (The BotP version is a one shot immortality, after they die and get reborn they lose the immortal promotion.)

The game crashes while loading if I try to start an advanced start Medieval era game. With the era changed to Ancient, the game loads and plays fine.

Settings I was using were: Pangaea, huge, 18 players, prince, advanced start, raging barbarians, permanant alliances, barbarian world, blessings of amathaon, living world

Edit. The game also works fine with classical with the above settings. I also played with the settings a bit, and it seems to only be crashing when Medieval advanced start and Barbarian world are used together.

First game with Kuriotates, looks like a fun Civ (except for the fact that the absolute lowest scoring Civ in my game keeps winning a religious victory :mad:)

Anyhoo, I have a settlement, conquered from my neighbour, which is located right next to the Tomb Of Succellus. The Tomb is connected to my roads. But I don't have any Life mana.

I do have a Law mana coming from unknown sources. Might be the Tomb giving the wrong type, might be the Cult of the Dragon that was founded in my capital... Either way, the Life mana is either wrong or missing.

Units with the Marksman promotion destroy any equipment in the stacks they're attacking. Might I suggest giving them some sort of anti-Guardsman promotion preventing them from being targeted by assassins etc.?

0.30e
After killing the last defender of Celo (last Sandalphon's city) game goes into the infinite loop. Looks like the problem is caused by the Brotherhood of Wardens.
Save

Here's a really game-breaking bug: Sanctuary, the Elohim's world spell, can be resisted. However, units that resist the spell become immobile within the Elohim's territory for 30 rounds... they cannot move, they cannot attack, but they CAN be attacked. Sitting ducks is the word.

edit: CIV4SpellInfos.xml says:

Code:
			<bResistable>
			</bResistable>

for Sanctuary, so something with the implementation of resistance is broken. It was cast on a whole bunch of units, some of whom were built in the city with the bone palace (50% magic resistance).

Sorry, not sure if this is a bug ......

In my game, I can build my two strongest units, paladins and arquebusiers, without any prelimianry building; as soon as I get the technical requirements, I can build them in any city. This seems like a bug, since weaker units do require specific buildings like trianing yards, workshops, archery ranges, etc. to build them.

Best wishes,

Breunor

got this Phyton Exception on .30e

Attachments

• Adventure_PhytonException.JPG
    Adventure_PhytonException.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 66
Patch e ...yep, I'm sure it's patch e...its certainly crashing/locking less... thanks guys :)

Settings Immortal, Huge, Marathon, 18 civs, raging barb, living world, end of winter. (note...NOT aggressive AI) Im playing the Svarts

Its turn 560 (about 1 third in) .... general tech level for leading civs is currency, religious law, KoE, bronze-working, sailing.

1) I've rushed poisons and Animal handling to get rangers/assasins but I've yet to see an AI tier 2 unit apart from Hunters, they have the techs and the economy, captured cities have the requisite buildings (stables/ archery ranges etc) but they're not building, or even upgrading ... right now even the barbs have better units! I normally play Emperor/ Agressive AI so I'm a little stunned to find an Immortal game so weak. The really funny thing is Varn vasselising everything only for them to join the Holy Crusade equiped only with warriors/hunters.

2) Ashen Vale was founded by the Illians... its currently 1% of world reigion and things are not looking good for Hyborem.

3) Cotd has not been formed yet :) neither has Acheron :(

4) Noticed a strange thing.... I got sailing late so for a long time I had trade available only to other civs with sailing via coastal routes... we could initiate resource trade as normal but my city trade routes were only within my empire until I got sailing tech... Is this a Mechanic change or a Glitch?

It's looking good team, thanks for giving up your Xmas for the rest of us! :goodjob:

So, dunno if it has been mentioned, but I think the Defender trait is a bit broken, because when playing the Sidar my units seem to retain their Homeland promotion when venturing outside their borders.

Cheerio.

So, dunno if it has been mentioned, but I think the Defender trait is a bit broken, because when playing the Sidar my units seem to retain their Homeland promotion when venturing outside their borders.

Cheerio.

I've noticed that too, but I think it's only the withdrawal that works outside borders. (but I didn't really pay attention)

Two things:

Playing the Balseraph in a multiplayer game. I had a Freak that I upgraded to a Taskmaster, and he had Enraged. He switched over to Barbarian (surprisingly) and then attacked Loki in an enemy city and killed him even though Loki had places to run. Big bug there.

Now the other: next door are the Svart. They built Alazkan and I figured "Whatevs, no big deal." Well, now there are FIVE Alazkans running around in my game, two appearing to be originals and three dupes. The thing is the dupes aren't going away.

Big time in need of a fix.

Top Bottom