1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ash874

ash874 Warlord

first of all the game is great

1. inflation is a really annoying idea.. i want to play a huge map on conquest with many civs and this inflation thing keeps me from spreading. the only sollution i could find was founding the mercurians and giving them every city i conquer - pretty annoying

2. the units that have the spell which clears the broken land and burning sands etc should have the ability to do so automatically because handling a huge territory is no big fun with this armaggedon thing - on the other hand i dont want to cancel the arm' clock because i o like the barbarian heroes and there are some civs who's world spell depends on it.

3. anything concerning maintanance: do something i want to be able to conquer much land (all of it eventually) the way the game is right now thats impossible because i pay so much that i cant research and become weak...

4. there are some small issues in the game which dont function right for instance: i had all the material and techs to build a mithril golem i conquered the holy city of the needed religion but still could not build the hero.. there are more things like that.

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

You receive a Nightwatch unit when you finish researching Deception, you don't have to be a member of the Undercouncil or have Council of Esus as your state religion.

Don't know about your issue with nightmares, I thought most mounted units could be built with either horses or nightmares, so usually if you have one or the other you're okay.

Re: Overcouncil. In my most recent game I joined the Overcouncil and had only one event come up, something like "The Overcouncil has offered additional support to your empire" and three options to choose from. But other than that, very little, you're right.

3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

The Mithril Golem can be built only if the Armageddon Counter is at 70 or more.

Can't help you with the other 3 problems.

4. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Ever heard of the civic "city states" it allows you to have cities in a waste area with low cost. I used it when I played the clan and used my world spell early on (and declared war on the barbarians and took alot of cities).

In this game, everything isn't about having all the techs, it is about having the right techs for your civ/playing style.

The mithril golem can only be build if the AC is 70+.

Edit: beaten by the clock.

5. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

Advanced start is bugged. Cities cost the same as in the normal game and not the same as settlers in ffh which means there is only 1 strategy when using advanced start competitively... This is rather boring. Please fix so the cost of buying a city is equal to that of a settler or it leaves for very little room of strategies when using this option in mp.

6. mindlar

mindlar Warlord

You also need to have Runes be your state religion.

7. skallben

skallben Diplomat

Don't know if this is a bug or intended nor if this thread it the place :crazyeye:

Mistforms seem extremely exploitable as it is since you can spam them into your neighbor of choice and pillage their improvements without consequence other than you filling your coffins while your enemy suffers.

8. bluepescadero

bluepescadero Chieftain

Don't know if this has been posted before:
    I am playing the Sidar. I switched from the Overcouncil to the Undercouncil and suddenly I was able to buy slaves, lots of them and dirt-cheap as well. Each slave cost me only 10 gold and I would have been able to finish all of my projects very quickly. Is this intended? Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't even use the "slavery" civic.

Cheers, bluepescadero

Attached Files:

9. Caradoc

Caradoc Emperor

My Amurite Inquisitioner was able to capture an Elf worker. However it would not build Elven improvements for me. I ran a quick test using Worldbuilder and it appears that an Elven worker requires Bronze Working when working for a different civilization. *patch e

10. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

I believe this is because the undercouncil had allready voted th slavery ring into place. joining the undercouncil means you have to follow all laws they allready have passed

11. Caradoc

Caradoc Emperor

I had Ratcatchers spread to my Capital on turn 9. I had not yet completed any build or research. Is this right? *patch e (Then there was a rebellion on Turn 10.)

12. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

It spreads to the city with the highest crime rate.

13. Grey Fox

It seems hidden units can't defend cities after all, or something. Whatever it is, my whole stack of defenders (32 units) are getting pushed out of my city when one can't defend, making the enemy take the city. (I think about 3 of the units where hidden)

EDIT: Seems like if a unit flees a battle defensively, it takes it's whole group with it as well.

14. Thennorin

Thennorin Chieftain

v0.30e: Mercurian feedback. I just had them enter a game with four strange results. Check the attached save game and watch Vallus to see:

1) The Ratcatcher's guild founded in Vallus, then moved to another city on the same turn.
    2) The cultural borders around Vallus jump back a huge amount along their border with me. Aren't the Mercurians supposed to get the owner's culture on surrounding tiles? My border cities are newly conquered and shouldn't have the advantage.
    3) No greeting. Despite being a new civ and having contact from neighbouring borders, there is no "hi, I'm here" from Basium.
    4) He's part of the overcouncil. What use would the Mercurians have for either of the councils?

Edit: Actually, it seems that tile ownership isn't disappearing from the tooltip text when a civ reaches 0% ownership. There are tiles with 0% Barbarian, 0% Mercurian, etc lying around.

Attached Files:

15. Don Pelayo

Don Pelayo Chieftain

Spirit Mana giving the %5 GP bonus seems broken. At least it does not appear in the city screen. Playing as the Amurites.

16. Darkheart

Darkheart Warlord

2 things happened 1 turn apart (though I don't think they're linked)

I got the Talented performer event and chose The disciple of leaves c/w mobility 1.... nope.... had apprenticeship running at the same time. I was expecting 2xp + mobility 1... instead no free promo or any xp :(

He got cultured!

Next turn my spider attacks a Lurchip warrior..an easy kill for "Arachno-Death"... and the warrior withdraws!!!!

Lurchip have Homeland defender (10% withdraw) but he was a wanderer miles outside his border.... seems the promo sticks and doesn't disappear when they cross their borderlines.

17. Grey Fox

It's not in the mouse-over tooltip, but it's in the resulting GPP. Although you need 20 GPP to notice any result I believe (5% of 20 = 1).

18. Raguel

Raguel Chieftain

I thought undercouncil was not available for good civs? I just played a game where two good civs joined the undercouncil and went neutral. Also, their state religions no longer show up.

19. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

That means they first adopted the Council of Esus before they joined the Undercouncil. Both CoE and OO turn good civs neutral (making them eligible for Undercouncil membership). CoE is supposed to be a hidden religion, so it isn't supposed to show up. You aren't supposed to know who is following Esus, although it currently isn't very hard to figure it out. (Last I checked, it still gave the messages anoucing their conversion, and you could still see theri state religion when conducting diplomacy)

20. Nimbus

Nimbus Prince

Playing patch E tonight as Svartalfar

1) catured a goblin worker and he could build anything in my forest just like all my elven workers could
    2) got the man speaking out against my empire twice tonight in 10 turns, tried for the +1 :) once and tried ignoring him once, both times no revolt, did not get the +1 happiness but both times i did lose all of the hammers on the settler that i was trying to build.
    3)Barbarians still not building Acheron/Dragon's Hoard despite plenty of cities to choose from.