1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Inkling

Inkling Warlord

a perfect spot for a city couldn't be built upon. it had an ancient tower on it and the setter couldn't found a city on the location or destroy the tower through pillaging. there were no other obsiticals, such as being in anothers culture or too close to another city. so i'm fairly certain it was the tower.

as the title says, an annoyance, not really a bug i think. im sure another unit could have destroyed it for the setter (comp crash with no save before i could try) but this would delay the building of the city.

edit:

i take that back, i guess you can't wipe towers at all since .25, however, you can wipe out castles and citadels via improvements or pillaging, so if you wait for an ancient tower to grow, you can wipe it.

significantly more annoying.

2. Thennorin

Thennorin Chieftain

v0.30e. Ride of the Nine Kings wonder grants the morale promotion to great people. I just noticed it on my great engineer who spawned in the RotNK city.

3. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Yeah it's granted to any unit who enters the city, not just built in it.

4. Cadaveres

Cadaveres Chieftain

v0.30e - Tomb of Succelus doesn't give Life Mana until you have researched Knowledge of the Ether (should it be like this? - I don't think so, because I was getting different mana from different buildings already)

5. bluepescadero

bluepescadero Chieftain

Makes sense. Still, I think it's too powerful. I mean, for a little investment of 300 gold I finished many projects. At that time I had over 4000 gold, probably not uncommon in that phase of the game.

6. Thennorin

Thennorin Chieftain

Yeah I just noticed that, too. So it's two fixes, then. Don't apply it to non-combat units, and fix the wonder description from "free morale promotion for units built in this city" to "free morale promotion for units that enter this city".

7. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

My workers can cut down forests and jungles without the required techs. I'm playing as the Svartalfar, and both my elven workers and a captured goblin worker can do this.

8. Thennorin

Thennorin Chieftain

v0.30e. Ships crossing land.

I know there have been reports of this previously, but is the "bug" just ships using citadels? In BTS, ships can use forts as waterways. Of course, it does look weird since they're just sitting around on land... Check out the attached save game for a frigate fortified in a citadel (near Tor Elasor, south-west of Tor Aydin). It would be good to prevent naval units from guarding citadels.

Attached Files:

9. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Some bugs/questions noted in my second game played as Keelyn with patch d:

1. Maybe I just don't understand how Loki works when he moves into a small AI city. After a few turns you get the message that he has caused unrest. The size of the city shrinks to only ONE TILE on the map. However, production or growth is not reduced as you would think in a one tile city. Also, workers continue to build improvements (farms, mines, etc.) even though those tiles are not part of the city or civ any longer. Shouldn't they stop?

2. The elves are producing loads of Champions. They have only Smelting and not Iron Working, which the Civilopedia says is required.

3. The Elohim are producing Radiant Guards. The Civilopedia says Empyrean religion is necessary for them. The Elohim have been ROK the whole game. How can they build these guard units?

10. TravellingHat

TravellingHat Warlord

I had a Svartalfar hunter with the CoE relgion (Mask spell and Spread CoE available), but both abilities were lost when upgrading to an assassin.

11. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

The mod crashes upon load with patch e. just when the bar gets to reading the XML.

this also happened with patch d.

12. Thennorin

Thennorin Chieftain

v0.30e. If an adept casts wither, is it supposed to auto-target friendly units? I just observed the spell being available even with no enemies in range. So I clicked it and my adept cast wither on himself :crazyeye: Clever mage...

13. Psychorg

Psychorg Chieftain

A dwarven city revolted and joined my empire, but the Dwarven Vault remained.

14. zhardan

zhardan Chieftain

Playing as Hyborem, when Basium use his world spell, kill my Hyborem unit(not was inmortal?) and made that my cities can grow or loss poblation with food as any other civ. It's intended?

Empower V promotion isn't accumulative.

15. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Both Neutral & Good civs can build Basium/Mercurian Gate. I also noticed a previously Good civ controlling Basium later become Evil (vassalized & converted to Ashen Veil) and still retain its alliance with Basium. Are either correct situations?

16. Chip56

Chip56 King

It is. However it only shows the most recent: so empower 1-4 are not shown.
    But if look at your combat odds it adds +50%.
    Would be nice if the all could be shown again.

17. zhardan

zhardan Chieftain

Ok, you have right. I only see the tip that appear when unit mouseover event and here my error.

18. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

A broken event.
    From the log...
    "A traveling Enchanter has offer [sic] to enchant the weapons of our unit [sic]."
    Three options, the second, "Enchant weapon" was not selectable no doubt because the weapons were already enchanted so I selected "hire the Enchanter as an Adept for our army", costing 31 gp. This resulted in the gp taken but no Adept for my army.
    Thanks!

19. Dora190

Dora190 Warlord

OK I tired that but it had no effect. I could only change civics if the government civic was one of them. Can someone confirm if this is an intended feature or a bug. Other people have reported it so its not just me.

20. EvilBob22

EvilBob22 Chieftain

Actually, I don't think the 2nd "[sic]" should be there: the enchanter is approaching one specific unit in your army, so "to enchant the weapons of our unit" (or "to enchant the weapons of one of our units") is correct.