1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Falc

Falc Warlord

Well, one more game down the drain... Everything died to Blight, 380 unhealthiness in my cities...

Going to re-download 31c in case I got a wrong file somehow.

Any chance it's affected by map size? Game speed?

Anyway, here's a save, but you'll need to fudge things a bit to get it working (mod folder name "Fall from Heaven 2 031 modded", you'll need Mailbox's improvement modmod). Click 'next turn' and nearly everything dies. Acheron survives, I saw a skeleton somewhere and Luchuirp's golems. More than 350 unhealthiness in every city too. link (right-click and save as)

2. Kael

Kael Deity

You go on my naughty list for reporting bugs when running modmods.

3. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

Last Days is definately broken.

I started two games with 18 civs, large map, last days. I went into the worldbuilder and founded the holycities for both octopus overlords and the ashen veil. With Last Days, the counter only increased to 2. Without, the counter increases to 5.

I had noticed something was wrong when in my last game as the sheaim, I spread the veil to about 30% of the world, 4 people other than me had adopted it, and I was only up to about 20 on the counter.

4. Kael

Kael Deity

You absolutly right one ! in the wrong place and it was doubling if you didnt have it selected. I'll fix it.

5. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "d" is linked int he first post. it won't break saves and it resolves the following issues:

1. Adepts only get free level 1 sphere ranks if you have 2 sources of that mana.
    2. Mages get a free sphere 2 ranks if you have 3 of that mana.
    3. Archmages get a free sphere 3 ranks if you have 4 of that mana.
    4. Religion will be carried over when units upgrade.
    5. Increased the duration of Entangle from 1 round to 2 rounds.
    6. Angel's of Death lose the ability to perform spy missions (except investigate).
    7. Shadows regain the ability to investigate.
    8. Hunters/rangers Beastmasters lose the ability to build camps (was causing WoC's).
    9. Fixed an error with the Dispel Magic spell.
    10. Fixed an error in the Bandit Nietz event that would cause Nietz to be broken on creation.
    11. Fixed an issue with the "Last Days" game option (formorlly it doubled the effect if the option wasn't selected).

6. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

Can an option have the Arma counter halved (not removed), for whose playing on really big maps / marathon where it tends to goes thru the roof in no time?

7. Err0l

Err0l Chieftain

You also could make it scale with the map size, maybe as an option to turn it off...

8. Falc

Falc Warlord

I'll admit that it's bad form since it makes it unnecessarily difficult for you to debug, but I really don't see how any of the changes made could affect the Blight. Mailbox's stuff is pure XML modding (and I was running Xienwolf's earlier version with the previous Blightageddon). And the FFHBUG is nothing but UI stuff.

9. meteore

meteore Chieftain

citadel of light is not working.

Also there seems no limits when upgrading units in an alliance's city, which means specific buildings are not required, and no number limits on national units. I got 8 paladins in my last game :)

10. slepth

slepth Chieftain

That explains why the AC in my game was raising and lowering like crazy :crazyeye:

Anyway, could someone check if this were broken:
    1. Arthendian (Kilmorph hero) wont gain exp from normal combat except the 100 from hero promotion.[Edit: NOT BUG]
    2. Sanctify spell wont decrease the AC whenever the spell is used to sanctify city ruins.[Edit : NOT BUG]

11. Falc

Falc Warlord

Remember that you won't get more than 100 XP from fighting barbarian units, so please verify that he doesn't gain any XP from killing en enemy civ's units.

12. Winston

Winston Warlord

The event where a demon offers an enraged succubus currently gives a basic succubus with no promos so there's no risk that she's going to turn barb

13. kcwong

kcwong Emperor

I made a new installer earlier, but Kael didn't respond to it (I tried PM'ing him)... he probably didn't see it at all.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6522357&postcount=43

14. feydras

feydras Prince

What size map are you playing? The raising and lowering effects are modified to map size. So you only get the raising and lowering on a 1:1 scale if the map size is Normal. So Sanctifying still decreases the AC counter on a Huge map for instance but you may not see it directly until you've done more than one ruin.

*it may be number of civs or game speed instead of map size, i don't remember exactly, but the point is the same. The AC counter raise and lower works 1:1 on the Normal setting. On the deviant settings your mileage will vary.

15. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

AC is 50 + (15*Players). Thus if you have 3 players in the game the max AC is 110 (and most things will actually change the visible AC by what they promise). If you have 10 players in the game, max AC is 200 (and everything will change the visible AC 1/2 as much as they claim to).

16. smjjames

smjjames Emperor

I don't know whether this goes in bugs or cosmetic issues. In the civilopedia, the image for the tar demon and the fire elemental are missing. Also, the image for the repentant angel shows as a big red blob.

I have the latest version of the mod, although I haven't actually started playing it since I wanted to look at the civilopedia and all.

17. slepth

slepth Chieftain

FYI, I'm playing as Calabim, 12 civ, huge fantasy map, marathon speed.

Tested and he did gain exp by killing enemy civ units.

But why my Bambur(already 100 xp from hero promotion + 6 from barbs) and losha valas(43 xp from hero promotion) can still gain exp from killing barbarians? I usually fortified my heroes until they got the free 100xp before using them. Before this I never been at war with any civ, so I know Bambur's exp was from barbs.

You're right. I tested a bit and found out that it needs 2 sanctify for 1 AC. Thanks for the info. I think the first time I used the spell was before I applied patch D. The AC decrease must been lost under the confusion

18. ThomAnder

ThomAnder Deity

One of the civ trait (i think raider) allows you to gain 1 exp against barbarians even after 100.

19. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

Not sure if this is a bug.
    If the clan is at war with the barbarians and cast their world spell, any barbarian city in which you convert a unit is captured, and all the other units are kicked out of the city. This allows you to capture the Dragon's Hoard much of the time without killing the dragon.

20. Falc

Falc Warlord

Further investigation leads to the conclusion that the doArmageddonBlight() function gets called 36 times in my game. I'm player 0, Barbarian is 35. That's 36 players, so let's assume that number's not a coïncidence.

The investigation continues...