FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

Either the option in the ini-file or in civ itself is disabling the FfH intro movie for sure. At least it did it for me. Had to do it before I was able to figure out, what was causing my machine to hang and freeze everytime Civilization was playing a bink movie.

Edit: just checked and yea the clan can build a city on top of barbatos. Ecen though the clan and Charadon of the Doviello can do this, it still wouldn't be very smart because as soon as the barbs decide you're too powerful, Barbatos is going to wreak havoc on your city.

Actually, when this happens, if there are units on the tile (a city isn't necessary), and the barbs turn hostile, barbatos will get kicked out of your cultural borders and you end up with a free death mana. This can also be duplicated with any civ via advanced start. Since barbatos spawns on the broken sepulcher after you place your cities and units, you can place a city and units (units are mandatory for this to work) on the broken sepulcher, which in turn kicks barbatos out of your cultural borders when you hit 'begin'. But, if you play your cards right as a barb civ, you have an amazing city defender for the entire game hehe.

When will the next patch be released or is there a plan to release a new major version?

Not being pushy just curious about how things are tracking. Maybe worthwhile having something on the first page.

The next version patch is tomorrow, 23rd May, it's on the front page of the 0.32 thread, not this thread.

Edit:Hehe, sorry

When will the next patch be released or is there a plan to release a new major version?

Not being pushy just curious about how things are tracking. Maybe worthwhile having something on the first page.

There will be no more patches for 0.31; version 0.32 will be released this Friday.

CtD when I hit next turn. Turn 220, on Rex's "desert of the three" map. I have no idea as to the cause, I'm certainly not doing anything unusual... one of the AIs may be.

Attachments

• Varn Gosam AD-0220.CivBeyondSwordSave
    105.4 KB · Views: 173
I think when forests on desert tile (which you may get from End of Winter option) catches flame, the game CTDs. Can anyone confirm this?

MAJOR BUG:

This may be address in the .32 change to HN units in boats, I'm not sure.

Anyhow, if I have a HN unit in a boat, in this case Alazkan, if that boat moves into an allied city, ALL OF THE UNITS IN THAT CITY ARE WHIPED OUT! They aren't attacked, or killed, they just dissappear.

I've attached an example save to show the problem. There's a boat near Varn Gosam with Alazkan in it next to a city, move the BOAT into the city, and bam, all the guys there dissappear. (Not the boat or alazkan though).

Attachments

• Viconia AD-0289.CivBeyondSwordSave
    435.2 KB · Views: 165
Noticed that it does not remove diseased when there is no life mana i.e. dispel after used. Other wonders that requires mana to be build such as tower of elements does not seems to be affected though. Intended or oversight?

While on the same page, is it possible that it be upgraded to remove poisoned, withered, enervated, or plagued as well?

Noticed that it does not remove diseased when there is no life mana i.e. dispel after used. Other wonders that requires mana to be build such as tower of elements does not seems to be affected though. Intended or oversight?

While on the same page, is it possible that it be upgraded to remove poisoned, withered, enervated, or plagued as well?

Are you leaving the diseased unit there for more than one turn? I don't remember if it acts on move or on beginning of turn.

As for the rest, poisoned doesn't exist yet, but that's a good point. Cure Disease at least ought to get rid of that. Enervated I think can't be removed by anything at the moment, and that's how I think it should remain. Enervate is a level 3 spell after all.

Is a poison a disease though? It might be better for Heal to remove poisoned instead.

Assuming it is like it used to be, poisoned does wear off on its own once a unit is fully healed.

My bad, I tested it again. It was removed after I end the turn with the unit in the city. I thought it should works like the Pools Of Tears.

But, shouldn't it able to remove the others though? It's a world wonder after all.

@MagisterCultuum:
Yeah, perhaps. Mainly I just meant that there should probably be a way to remove it without having to retreat/stop an offensive.

@CruX:
The primary effect of Aquae Sucellus is the health bonus, I'd say, rather than the curing of disease. That's just a nice secondary effect.

yea, since .32 is coming out tomorrow sometime, we probably should hold off on the bug reports for .31. I'm not saying that the most recent bug reports are not important or not valid, just that there are many bug fixes in the new version. So some of the recent bug reports may be resolved.

Got a strange WoC , it not seems to be related to FFH. A lone canon (UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY) try to merge another group not at the same plot. The civ is at war, and there are a lots of units between the canon and the group the canon try to merge. The range is 2 so the check to merge the group is OK for path of lenght 4. Then when the mission is started, the path generated for the canon seems different , the canon don't move and when you move a group and one of the unit can't move, the unit is merged in a NULL group. It result that the canon don't move, change group... and a WoC because the on next update the canon try to do the same thing.

I was wondering if the flags to generate the path can cause problems with bombard unit ? Do you have an idea about that ?

Tcho !

(That's just to notice this bug for future. Changing the UNITAI was enough to stop the WoC. I've tried to replaced the canon with another unit ,but without success (the unit don't do the same thing on update))

Top Bottom