FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

Can we install Patch C over Patch D to go back to C? or do you need to reinstall the mod + patch C?

I'm getting a CtD. It seems kind of random...sometimes it's after a turn, sometimes 2-3. Save is attached, and I'm running patch "d".

Can we install Patch C over Patch D to go back to C? or do you need to reinstall the mod + patch C?

Probably. The patches should replace all the xml and python, but it is possible that there were some SDK changes (from the modders guide it does appear that it has been changed) that could cause problems. You can try just the patch, but if there are serious issues then start over from the original mod.

.31d

I tried to give Sphener the 'Inquisition' promotion, but it gave him 'Unyielding Order' instead.

Sphener should be able to cast Unyielding Order from the start, since he's a channeling III Divine Order unit. Keep in mind that Inquisition can only be cast in cities, and only if there are non-state religions there. Move him into a city with some other religion and check again.

This saved game keeps crashing at turn 552. I have no idea why.

Attachments

• Vall AD-0551.CivBeyondSwordSave
    391.4 KB · Views: 49
Bug report: My sorcerers can cast Maelstrom. The xml looks fine (Promotion_Air3 required) but the civilopedia says that Air2 is sufficient.

.31a

(and I mean, they really can cast it, ruining the poor AI with level 2 mages is ugly!)

That was a game change since they got rid of summoners and conjurers. The level 3 spell is the Air Elemental.

Some weird behaviour of Commanded units:
My 3 cultists, attacking from the sea thanks to Water Walking, captured each one unit thanks to Commando. The captured units appeared on the same tile as the cultists, on the sea. Next turn I found the captured units 7 tiles away, on the nearest neutral landtile. I should mention that my land was closer, 6 tiles away and there were unoccupied tiles belonging to the enemy just next to the units.
I don't know what might be the best solution - perhaps temporary water walking?

Or placing the captured units in the nearest unoccupied tile?
Is this mechanism VERY hadr-coded in dll, or could it be made without additional running scripts during the combat (or the whole thing will lag any big map with a lot of civs)?

while gibbon goetia will abandon you, teutorix will not. This doesn't seem right since teutorix would be giving you a vote on a council you aren't a part of

I could be wrong, but isn't teutorix the Malakim hero? As such, he can never abandon you.

I could be wrong, but isn't teutorix the Malakim hero? As such, he can never abandon you.

you are right it, atleast according to the gethero function, i assumed with the free vote he was tied to overcouncil. Shouldn't assume.

however, it only makes it stranger as far as im concerned...

--
chalid is the bugger, and he does abandon.
--

Patch D. Playing as the Clan of Embers. My people demanded that I destroy the Pyre of the Seraphic. Why would they do that? I thought they liked burning angels?

Just had Hyborem spawn without his city, at least as far as I can tell. Haven't spotted Dis anywhere on the map, did find Hyborem himself with a worker parked on top of a scenic seaside hill. There was plenty of unclaimed land around, since the entire second continent (Kuriotates, Clan of Embers, Sheaim, and a pair of barb cities that seemed to be holding their own) was in the middle of a huge AV civil war and cities were getting razed left and right.

Oh, and got the AV vs Order rioters in one of my cities, without AV. The city happened to be the Order and OO holy city, and also had FoL. Picked the 'arrest the AV followers' option and had 1 turn of revolt :rolleyes:

Top Bottom