FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

Ok, this is where I needed this most, I was playing the Sidar civilization and the event for adding something to your monument came up (god of greed, god of plenty yada yada, the illians part and the blaspherous) Well I could really use the health bonus so I chose that, but it never actually applied it to my city, this even popped up a few times and never was added in correctly. I was playing on blessing of armethon or however that's spelled. Double the events thing it was on, I doubt it had anything to do with that, I'll watch out for a standard setting and if it just doesn't work on any setting. Thought I'd let you know. Thanks

Attachments

• civerror.JPG
    civerror.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 156
I recieved a mobius witch that started at level 4 but without any promotions from the experience. I was wondering if this is supposed to happen.

This happened to me as well. I'm guessing it is the same bug as the one where you pay for a mercenary from the Guild of the Nine that supposedly has promotions that when you get the unit it does not have them, but I could be wrong. Something about giving out promotions from XML doesn't work, but from Python it does, I was told.

Curiously, I got another Mobius Witch that was level 3, but only had one promotion, Chaos I, which was a mana type I had (only) one source of, as I was Sheam, of course. This evidence, contradicts the above theory.

Mobius Witches always start at level 4 with 14 xp, and they have a 1 in 10 chance of getting the first level of each spell sphere. This is set in CvEventManager.py (which spawns them) and is unrelated to any events.

I believe that they may also get the free sphere promotions based on the mana you own.

(In my modmod they don't start with levels or 14 xp. All planar gate units start with xp based on the AC)

I keep having the event that asks you to who the monument in the city should be dedicated too. And i do mean in the same city over and over again.

The AI Calabim killed Orthus. A while later I sent a HN spider through their land. I noticed the axe was still sitting on the spot where Orthus was killed. The AI never picked it up. So that's one error.

The other problem is when I moved my spider unit over the axe I destroyed it. :(

Ok, this is where I needed this most, I was playing the Sidar civilization and the event for adding something to your monument came up (god of greed, god of plenty yada yada, the illians part and the blaspherous) Well I could really use the health bonus so I chose that, but it never actually applied it to my city, this even popped up a few times and never was added in correctly. I was playing on blessing of armethon or however that's spelled. Double the events thing it was on, I doubt it had anything to do with that, I'll watch out for a standard setting and if it just doesn't work on any setting. Thought I'd let you know. Thanks

Another good question is why does it offer +2 food and +1 health? That isn't much of a choice.

The AI Calabim killed Orthus. A while later I sent a HN spider through their land. I noticed the axe was still sitting on the spot where Orthus was killed. The AI never picked it up. So that's one error.

The other problem is when I moved my spider unit over the axe I destroyed it. :(
I've noticed that the Marksman promotion causes units to destroy unattached equipment, such as Golden Hammers.

Not exactly a bug, but with channeling causing a decrease in likelyhood to defend, Vampires don't defend when they should. I had a city wiped clean of bloodpets before the vampires stepped up.

Perhaps it could be done with unit class rather than a promotion? That would open up more possibilities, like undead defending earlier, archers defending before horses, etc.

Ok, here is a wierd bug that I've noticed, however I'm not sure IF it;s a bug or it's just something to help the AI work right.

As Sheaim (I've noticed it with other civs) the 'we demand protection' happiness modifier comes up when there are no warriors in the city. Yet, I have some pyre zombies in the city, which to me constitutes 'protection'.

Looking at the unit stats, it's possible that it's going by the city defense bonus. I'd understand if it's like that because otherwise the AI does strange things.

That happiness modifier only works for living units, pyre zombies are undead. Would you feel all that safe with flaming zombies protecting you at night?

Ok, here is a wierd bug that I've noticed, however I'm not sure IF it;s a bug or it's just something to help the AI work right.

As Sheaim (I've noticed it with other civs) the 'we demand protection' happiness modifier comes up when there are no warriors in the city. Yet, I have some pyre zombies in the city, which to me constitutes 'protection'.

Looking at the unit stats, it's possible that it's going by the city defense bonus. I'd understand if it's like that because otherwise the AI does strange things.

Undead units don't count when it comes to military protection. (I'm not sure if other non-living units count.)

Undead units don't count when it comes to military protection. (I'm not sure if other non-living units count.)
Quick test load of an old game save one turn from victory. Left one city guarded by the Trojan Horse and a Stygian Guard, then moved the Trojan Horse out. No problems with "We demand military protection." Similarly, moved all but a Flesh Golem out of another city, and it did not bother the populace. Apparently it is just the Undead promo that makes people nervous. All that drooling and saying "... brainsss ..." :lol:

I moved the Trojan Horse out since it did not say specifically on it that it is non-living (like a ship), and now that I look at it closely, it has Religion: Empyrean. (!) Shouldn't it be a non-living unit like ships?

(Does anyone else find a Trojan Horse, a world unit which requires Deception to build, following a faith devoted to revealing truth and destroying deceits, amusingly ironic?)

Alright, so in game ALMOST everything is labeled with TXT_KEY_ ... the only things that are not are from the original Civ 4 BTS game (i.e. Writing) For awhile, I had this problem with my BTS game, and just the other day I discovered how to fix it. :D

Background...

My computer is a Lenovo running windows Vista *shudders* But is it is running Chinese Windows Vista.

Back to the problem...

For the original game I had to switch my computer unicode to English. It quickly fixed the problem, at least pretty much fixed the problem. (The pedia entry about the Agnostic Palace is still empty)

Anyways, I am wondering if there is anyway to fix the problem of FfH 2. Everything is TXT_KEY so it is to the point of unplayable. The game has enough of a curve already it seems. If you need any other information let me know. Oh, I have installed the latest game (0.31) and am patched to "e." I have also tried with and without the media pack. :confused:

EDIT: On a side note, I actually own Civ IV, Warlords, and BTS. I am all updated as far as patches go. And, I dont know if this helps, I think that most of the problem of the original game was all the Warlords edition. I had played Vanilla for awhile, and recently was in the U.S. again and purchased Warlords and BTS. That is when the problems started. I also NEVER tried to play FfH before that.

I assume you mean you're in China.

Most likely the problem is language translation, it can't translate into chinese so it falls back on default.

The pedia is kind of incomplete, but since you said it fixes itself (mostly) when you switch to english, that points to a translation issue.

Yea, I forgot to mention I am in China... sorry bout that.

I understand what the problem its not translating correctly, my question is, is there anything I can do to get rid of all the TXT_KEY... cause like I said... it is near unplayable.

I've got a major bug here, not major as in gamebreaking/CTDs, but definetly major as far as AI behavior and gameplay goes.

Now tell me at least two things that are wrong in this screenshot below (besides the lone warrior*).

For one, you can't build on an unique feature, and two, you can't build on mana nodes. At least this is the rule for players and other civ AIs.

Honestly the AI is misbehaving really badly here because it's doing something that the player can't. I'll check this out using the Clan and see if I can still build a city where Barbatos is. Barbatos is powerful enough on his own, but in a city with barb units and potentially Acheron??

Edit: just checked and yea the clan can build a city on top of barbatos. Ecen though the clan and Charadon of the Doviello can do this, it still wouldn't be very smart because as soon as the barbs decide you're too powerful, Barbatos is going to wreak havoc on your city. Not to mention killing your allies or having your allies sending an army through your territory to kill him. I still consider this a bug because AFAIK, you can't get anything out of the mana node if you're on top of it, although since it's already a death mana, it's automatic. Basically I would consider taking a look at this because I'm pretty sure nobody, even the barbarians, were supposed to be able to build a city on top of barbatos. Although with the change to immobile units in .32, lets see what happens there.

*That lone warrior is there because I was looking at the map in WB and was wondering if Barbatos was killed yet and I couldn't find him (or the sepulcher or the mana node that appears when he is defeated) at the spot where I knew where he was, when I looked at the barb city close by with unit view and there he was. I decided to go back to the normal game screen as it would be easier to show in a screenshot

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 182
Had a Hidden Nationality Curly try to get onto my boat.

Sadly my boat was stacked with the boat of an ally.

Oddly enough, curly actually ATTACKS the allied boat (And dies, because AI's hate hill giants).

Pretty messed up bug.

Had a Hidden Nationality Curly try to get onto my boat.

Sadly my boat was stacked with the boat of an ally.

Oddly enough, curly actually ATTACKS the allied boat (And dies, because AI's hate hill giants).

Pretty messed up bug.

The solution is pretty obvious, isn't it? Move your boat off of your ally's boat. It's the exact same thing as if you try to move a HN unit onto a tile occupied by an ally/neutral unit, since it's HN it will have to attack whatever is on the tile. HN units cannot move into the same tile as another unit unless they belong to the same player.

the bug is the AI trying to load a HN unit into his ship. Because there's another unit on the same tile, the HN unit instead attacks the unit on the tile. Because the AI in question was an ally of the unit, and the AI boat has better combat odds, the boat is selected instead, thus causing the AI to attack his own units.

Top Bottom