FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Fighting the Grigori. They have an Adventurer promoted into an Immortal in their capital. Every time I killed him in the capital he healed back up to 1/4 life or so. Infinite times per turn. (Well ok, I only tried five or six times in a row on a couple turns in a row, but the behavior didn't show any sign of slowing down.) Had to go into the worldbuilder to remove him.

I have a save game where this is reproducible if needed.

I got it reproduced here, thanks. It will be fixed in 0.33.

Would be worthwhile to add a new PreReq tag to EventTriggers, <iMinimumTemporaryUnHealth>. Then you could flag Pestilence not to trigger unless the Temporary Unhealthy in a city is under 5 or somesuch. Would still allow a double effect to be a bit larger, but not cripplingly huge.

Or modify the decay to be percentage based (minimum of 1 per turn though) ratehr than a raw 1 per turn. Thus if you have 60 Disease you will lose 3 or 4 per turn.

How do you know it was blight, and not pestilence the 2nd time?

Like previously said somewhere in the bug thread. It seems that when a player is added, all global events for players are reseted. I've not tested that, but perhaps adding a feat.accomplish for each of the armagedon event would be a good thing.

For the game options saving :

I've tested each configuration ( initialized the ini with 111... for game options, and put a log on onGameStart ) and find a way to prevent an hidden option to kill a custom game and to set it enable for scenario if it's True :

in CvGame::init :
Spoiler :
Code:
// FFH
	if (GC.getInitCore().getNewGame())
	{
		for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES; ++iI)
		{
			if (!GC.getGameOptionInfo((GameOptionTypes)iI).getVisible())
			{
				setOption((GameOptionTypes)iI, GC.getGameOptionInfo((GameOptionTypes)iI).getDefault());
			}
		}
	}
// FFH

and in CvWBDesc.py , CvWBDesc.CvGameDesc.apply :
Spoiler :
Code:
	def apply(self):
		"after reading, apply the game data"
		gc.getGame().setStartYear(self.iStartYear)
## FfH
		for sOptionType in self.options :
                        iOption = gc.getInfoTypeForString(sOptionType)
                        if iOption == -1 :
                                print " CvGameDesc.apply : invalid option index for type %s" %sOptionType
                                continue
                        if not gc.getGameOptionInfo(iOption).getVisible() :
                                gc.getGame().setOption(iOption, True)
## FfH

This not save the game options (I didn't find a good way to store and restore game options for a MOD, the probleme is when the file is created if missed). But at least , prevent the problem of hidden game options.

Tcho !

Like previously said somewhere in the bug thread. It seems that when a player is added, all global events for players are reseted. I've not tested that, but perhaps adding a feat.accomplish for each of the armagedon event would be a good thing.

For the game options saving :

I've tested each configuration ( initialized the ini with 111... for game options, and put a log on onGameStart ) and find a way to prevent an hidden option to kill a custom game and to set it enable for scenario if it's True :

in CvGame::init :
Spoiler :
Code:
// FFH
	if (GC.getInitCore().getNewGame())
	{
		for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES; ++iI)
		{
			if (!GC.getGameOptionInfo((GameOptionTypes)iI).getVisible())
			{
				setOption((GameOptionTypes)iI, GC.getGameOptionInfo((GameOptionTypes)iI).getDefault());
			}
		}
	}
// FFH

and in CvWBDesc.py , CvWBDesc.CvGameDesc.apply :
Spoiler :
Code:
	def apply(self):
		"after reading, apply the game data"
		gc.getGame().setStartYear(self.iStartYear)
## FfH
		for sOptionType in self.options :
                        iOption = gc.getInfoTypeForString(sOptionType)
                        if iOption == -1 :
                                print " CvGameDesc.apply : invalid option index for type %s" %sOptionType
                                continue
                        if not gc.getGameOptionInfo(iOption).getVisible() :
                                gc.getGame().setOption(iOption, True)
## FfH

This not save the game options (I didn't find a good way to store and restore game options for a MOD, the probleme is when the file is created if missed). But at least , prevent the problem of hidden game options.

Tcho !

Thats pretty smart. I may go with it if we have problems with the forced disable in 0.33.

Is it bug or what, but i just got my second blight in game.

At least i can't find anywhere that blight should come 2 or more times. AFAIK it should come only once.

First it came in AC 40 as it should be, then AC went down to 37. Then it came again, i'm not sure was it 40, but AC is now 45. Might be that AC went up from 39 to 45 in one turn. So if this is right blight came two time in AC 40.

Just very annoying, just got my unhealthiness away from cities and now blight strikes again...

Dunno if this is the right place to put this, but the Hippus War Elephant and the Doviello War Elephant are still broken. The rider is in a bizarre position on the outside of the model.

The invisibility from Nox Noctis is broken: When you summon an unit (I tested it with skeletons) on a tile with a hostile stack, the hostile stack gets kicked out of your borders.

I know it's been mentioned before that when you build a wonder that provides a building in every city, there are certain circumstances in which the computer doesn't realize that you have that building in the city. Here's another example:

In my latest game I built the Nexus. During the course of a war, one of my cities was cut off by land from the rest of my empire. When I checked the city screen, despite having the Nexus-provided Obsidian Gate and being able to airlift units there, it showed the city having access only to resources in its BFC rather than throughout my empire.

How do you know it was blight, and not pestilence the 2nd time?

Someone else had mentioned the same bug previously and I was confirming that it happened to me. It just seems to fishy that, if pestilence, it would come the same turn as I built the Mercurian Gate and brought Basium into the world.

I tried to compare the effects of Blight with those of Pestilence, but was unable to find any reference material on the two of them.

As I said, my units had just gotten over the Death Damage (about 5 turns) when they got hit with it again. I had not come close to getting over the unhealthy effects in my cities, though, and am sure with 60 unhealthy in a city of 20, for example, all my cities would be pretty much useless for a long time.

If, in fact, it WAS Pestilence which quickly followed Blight, I suppose it is a balance issue rather than a bug and maybe something needs to be added to suppress that event from hitting so soon after the AC event.

I still think it was a Double Blight caused by building the Mercurian Gate, though.

The Towers of Alteration/Divination etc. all claim in the city screen (at the bottom where you select builds) that they only need one of the mana types of the specified type ro build it. The manual claims that all of them are needed, and that does seem to be the way it actually works.

For example, The Tower of Necromancy claimed to require Chaos Mana or Death Mana or Entropy Mana or Shadow Mana. I then build en Entropy node, and it now claimed that it required Chaos Mana or Death Mana or Shadow Mana.

Pretty major issue relating to the saving of game options: playing a game or mod where 'Choose religion' is on (in my case, Fury Road) then playing FfH results in the option staying on for FfH with no way to disable it. Furthermore, the AI still beelines preferred religions but then founds a random one. Arendel went and founded AV with WotF while Arturus founded OO with WotE.

Is there a way to force that game option to be off for FfH?

I have a dead save. Every time you end turn here it crashes to desk top. Can I email it to someone to debug?

I'm experiencing the same problem as Pyr0mancer, also after playing a couple rounds of the Fury Road mod. In my case, I fired up Fall Further for the first time and thought the "Choose Religion" function was a feature of that mod. Didn't realize the functionality was carrying over from Fury Road. I thought it was a bit overpowered in FfH when I was able to found CoE with WotF and run my Nightwatch around the continent converting the 1-2 cities that everyone had. Would have had a Religious Victory by turn 80 or so if I hadn't reined myself in for the sake of the game...

Suggestions on how to turn it off?

Suggestions on how to turn it off?

If you know how to compile the SDK, you can add the code i've post a page or two below.

A simply way :

_ run custom game with vanilla BtS
_ unselect all options and select "no espionage" option
_ launch the game then exit
_ edit CivilizationIV.ini in the BtS document folder.
_ copy the list of numbers for the game options in the comment (or save your default ffh2 settings after launching a game)
_ restore this list every time you launch a game with FfH2

Tcho !

Pretty major issue relating to the saving of game options: playing a game or mod where 'Choose religion' is on (in my case, Fury Road) then playing FfH results in the option staying on for FfH with no way to disable it. Furthermore, the AI still beelines preferred religions but then founds a random one. Arendel went and founded AV with WotF while Arturus founded OO with WotE.

I reported this earlier, Kael is fixing this in 0.33.

Your easiest best would be to just create a Vanilla game with the option off, then load back up FFH.

Top Bottom