FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

In the Holy Child event "Your prophets tell of a child that is destined to be born in the city of * that will bring peace to the world", the options to
Make sure the city's children have the best care possible
and
Kill any child born in the city for the next few years
both seemed to have the same happiness bonus when I'd guess only the 1st one should. Also I didn't see that the AC actually changed.

About Unhappy production (& 3rd ring radius) also :

The code set true or false the statement for a city. This makes that governor's manor and pillar of chain aren't cumulative (not a big deal and also perhaps a good thing). But this can makes some problems when there are multiple buildings that provide the same bonus (governor's manor and pillar of chain, slum and modded building just for an example). If I conquier a city where there are both governor's manor and pillar of chain, the statement for the unhappy production will become false by loosing the governor's manor and a benefit of the pillar will be lost :

Spoiler :
Code:
        if (GC.getBuildingInfo(eBuilding).isUnhappyProduction())
        {
            if (iChange > 0)
            {
                setUnhappyProduction(true);
            }
            else
            {
                setUnhappyProduction(false);
            }
        }
        if (GC.getBuildingInfo(eBuilding).getPlotRadius())
        {
            if (iChange > 0)
            {
                setPlotRadius(GC.getBuildingInfo(eBuilding).getPlotRadius());
            }
            else
            {
                setPlotRadius(2);
            }
        }

Sure this will not happen often ^^, but perhaps adding a check in city::doTurn while looping the buildings may prevent a total loss of a statement like this case.

Tcho !

Edit : the production is added as a base production, so increased by the civic god king(!?), forge and machinist workshop ... and so many for units . The production added for the calabim for an example may become a little too much. Testing a game with calabim, sacrifice the weak once the governor's manor is built the difference is awesome for the city.

Dunno if this belongs here, but if there are different leaders for the same civilization and one of them builds their hero unit, it counts as being dead for all other players of that civilization - After an AI built Gildern Silveric I was able to build the Shrine of the Champion and even Resurrect his twin brother. :crazyeye:

I also seem to get a CTD playing as the Sheaim with Last Days turned on whenever the AC goes too high (above 75 or so), but I'm not sure what's causing it.

Dunno if this belongs here, but if there are different leaders for the same civilization and one of them builds their hero unit, it counts as being dead for all other players of that civilization - After an AI built Gildern Silveric I was able to build the Shrine of the Champion and even Resurrect his twin brother. :crazyeye:

I also seem to get a CTD playing as the Sheaim with Last Days turned on whenever the AC goes too high (above 75 or so), but I'm not sure what's causing it.

Its probably hellfire tiles trying to spawn sect of flies units (which dont exist anymore). It will be fixed in 0.33.

Bit of odd AI behavior.
Me (Svartalfar), Keelyn, and Arendel (the Good elven leader) on a continent. Things are going well, I'm planning to reignite the civil war... when I hear the sound of the Ashen Veil being founded. I assume Keelyn's up to her usual tricks and shrug. Until next turn, when I notice that it's Arendel who has the Ashen Veil holy city, and has converted to it. Yes, Arendel. No, I didn't have random leader AIs on. No sign of any great people being born. I can't check anything for certain, however, since I managed to leave "Lock Modified Assets" on... :wallbash: I suppose she could have gotten Way of the Wicked from Keelyn and then bulbed a great person for the Ashen Veil. But it's a bit early in the game; the Veil is literally the first religion to be founded!

It will be fixed in 0.33.

Any chance to have the option off just turning of the burning sands terrain instead of all the Hell terrain? I've noticed in my graphic crashes, it usually happens when there is lots of desert that converts to burning sands. Part of the fun of FfH is that affect, but I could do without the burning sands...or at least the flaming affect.

Its probably hellfire tiles trying to spawn sect of flies units (which dont exist anymore). It will be fixed in 0.33.
Is the fix as simple as changing the <SpawnUnitType>UNIT_SECT_OF_FLIES</SpawnUnitType> in Civ4ImprovementsInfos file to <SpawnUnitType>UNIT_CHAMPION</SpawnUnitType>? I have a current Infernal game going, so I'd rather not crash the game when I raise the AC high enough.

Bit of odd AI behavior.
Me (Svartalfar), Keelyn, and Arendel (the Good elven leader) on a continent. Things are going well, I'm planning to reignite the civil war... when I hear the sound of the Ashen Veil being founded. I assume Keelyn's up to her usual tricks and shrug. Until next turn, when I notice that it's Arendel who has the Ashen Veil holy city, and has converted to it. Yes, Arendel. No, I didn't have random leader AIs on. No sign of any great people being born. I can't check anything for certain, however, since I managed to leave "Lock Modified Assets" on... :wallbash: I suppose she could have gotten Way of the Wicked from Keelyn and then bulbed a great person for the Ashen Veil. But it's a bit early in the game; the Veil is literally the first religion to be founded!

Have you been doing anything with Worldbuilder in that game? I've noticed using Worldbuilder to give religion-founding techs or found religions seems to screw up religion founding in FfH (but not in BtS), causing the wrong religion to be founded by each technology. The other possibility is that Choose Religions is on, but I don't see why Arendel would choose Veil over FoL once she got to WotF. I think the Arendel AI is programmed to beeline WotF always.

Is the fix as simple as changing the <SpawnUnitType>UNIT_SECT_OF_FLIES</SpawnUnitType> in Civ4ImprovementsInfos file to <SpawnUnitType>UNIT_CHAMPION</SpawnUnitType>? I have a current Infernal game going, so I'd rather not crash the game when I raise the AC high enough.

Yeap, that should do it.

Have you been doing anything with Worldbuilder in that game? I've noticed using Worldbuilder to give religion-founding techs or found religions seems to screw up religion founding in FfH (but not in BtS), causing the wrong religion to be founded by each technology. The other possibility is that Choose Religions is on, but I don't see why Arendel would choose Veil over FoL once she got to WotF. I think the Arendel AI is programmed to beeline WotF always.

Nope. As I mentioned, "Lock Modified Assets" (or whatever it's called) is on. So I can't access the WB at all, even if I wanted to.

It has been stated more than often enough, but here we go again...
The Illians are not finished yet. They will be finalized in the next and last phase of FFH II (Ice). Playing them before is bound to give you tons of problems...
As far as I know you can get Cure Disease via Aqua Sucellus and the Pool of Tears, though.

OK, thanks for that. :)

I was just trying to report bugs/missing features for the Illians as I would for any other civ as they are playable.

I'll move on to another civ while things get ironed out for them.

Bit of odd AI behavior.

I've also noticed in my last few games that the AV gets founded pretty early. The elves get FOL, the dwarves get ROK, but then AV is the next religion founded. In my Epic speed game AV is usually founded before turn 200. This is quite a change from previously when often it was still sitting around waiting to be founded in mid-late game.

Seems like some civs, even ones you might not expect as you mentioned, are rushing to get it now.

Im going to have to outlaw transportation of hidden nationality units in non-hiddennationality transports.
Why not fix the code that bumps units around, which was the problem in the first place ? It's dangerous to use HN ships as transports, they get attacked by everyone and can only viably be used as raiders. If HN units can no longer get transported in non-HN ships, they're basically stuck on home continent.

Bit of odd AI behavior.

Maybe you have "choose Religions" activated. You can't deactivate the setting in Fall from Heaven, it remains active when you used it in normal civ and changed to the Mod afterwards.

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I have been playing Ffh for over 2 years now and would like to start by saying thanks a lot! Best Mod i have ever used and better by miles than the original game.

I have downloaded the 32 install, the L patch and the media pack. Unfortunately after I did this I deleted the old installs of previous versions and now I can't play Ffh at all.

I can load BTS and other mods but Ffh crashes at the point where the main game screen should open.

I am using an original disc version of BTS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the BtS 3.17 patch installed?
Known Issues:
2. The mod loads okay, but when you go to start a game it crashes. You experience this error if you aren't running BtS patch 3.17.

I've also noticed in my last few games that the AV gets founded pretty early. The elves get FOL, the dwarves get ROK, but then AV is the next religion founded. In my Epic speed game AV is usually founded before turn 200. This is quite a change from previously when often it was still sitting around waiting to be founded in mid-late game.

Seems like some civs, even ones you might not expect as you mentioned, are rushing to get it now.

A little while back, Kael introduced new coding in CvGameUtils.py, where if you were an evil civ, once they researched Philosophy, they would then beeline for the Ashen Veil.

Why not fix the code that bumps units around, which was the problem in the first place ? It's dangerous to use HN ships as transports, they get attacked by everyone and can only viably be used as raiders. If HN units can no longer get transported in non-HN ships, they're basically stuck on home continent.

A few reasons:

1. Flavor wise it doesn't make much sense to have "hidden nationality" units transported around in ships that clearly carry the flag of the owning empire.

2. HN ships getting attacked is exactly what we want, thats the penalty of hidden nationality (the advantage being that you can attack others as well). Being able to hide your HN units in non-HN transports to protect them would be an exploit.

3. BtS also blocks HN units in non-HN transports. I just messed up the code when I translated it from their HN definitions to the FfH ones (I rewrote it to make it appliable by promotions).

I thought privateer were the only HN units in BtS? If so, how whould they use transports?

Top Bottom