FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

Is it possible to have a state religion without it being in one of your cities?

Let me give you the scenario I just had in my game.

Perpentach had FOL as his state religion, which I founded. Still he declared war on me. I moved a stack to Coombs View. He founded AV in Coombs View as my stack arrived. I didn't see a message that he adopted AV, but he must have as the AV icon appeared next to his name.

I razed Coombs View and killed the Savant when it was my turn.

There was no time for AV to spread to any other cities. The Balseraphs had AV as their state religion, but it was not in any of their cities.

I guess I answered my own question, but with FOL in some of the cities and AV in none, I have to ask if this makes sense.

Adding to this, about 20 turns later Hyborem appeared. I am fairly certain no other civs had AV (only two other Evil - Svartalfar with FOL, and agnostic Auric Ulvin). A few turns later the Infernal Grimoire was built.

As a side note, I don't use the Inquisition too much, but if you were to use it to remove a religion, say AV, from all of your cities, would you be able to adopt it as your state religion? It wouldn't be smart adopting it, but I'm just wondering if it would be possible and related to this scenario with Perpentach.

Thanks.

PS. AI Evil civs are definitely beelining AV now. The above happened in turn 185 of an Epic game.

Once you have adopted a religion you can keep it regardless of the status of any cities you own. The only requirement is that you have it in at least 1 city at the time you adopt the religion, and know the required Tech.

Once you have adopted a religion you can keep it regardless of the status of any cities you own. The only requirement is that you have it in at least 1 city at the time you adopt the religion, and know the required Tech.

OK, got it.

If Perpentach had switched back to FOL, then could he have adopted AV again without it in one of his cities? I guess not.

It was a little bizarre that the Balseraphs kept AV (and summoned Hyborem and built the Infernal Grimoire) without having the religion in any of its cities. After I did my first post on this, I opened the World Builder and checked. Perpentach still doesn't have AV in any cities, but his state religion is AV. I suspect it will spread to one soon though as Hyborem is in the game - on the other side of the huge map however.

The only requirement is that you have it in at least 1 city at the time you adopt the religion, and know the required Tech.
you don't even need the tech to adopt it, only to build temples and acolytes.

hmmm very odd thing I just noticed... not sure if this has been dealt with but every time I load a game... if one of the city's I own has a guild headquarters or holy city thing on it... and it also happens with the cpu players who have founded such things also... the star the represents the holy city or headquarters sometimes tends to disappear... I usually have to go into WB and fix it... and it's getting annoying... it sometimes happens when a headquarters is in the same city as a holy city... but not always the case

hmmm very odd thing I just noticed... not sure if this has been dealt with but every time I load a game... if one of the city's I own has a guild headquarters or holy city thing on it... and it also happens with the cpu players who have founded such things also... the star the represents the holy city or headquarters sometimes tends to disappear... I usually have to go into WB and fix it... and it's getting annoying... it sometimes happens when a headquarters is in the same city as a holy city... but not always the case

So how frequently does it happen, and will you lose all of the HQs, or just some of them here and there?

I am having problems with spells that effect cities.

Playing as lurchuip last 2 games and i cant cast hope, inspiration, wall of stone or found temple of kilmorph.

dont think i had this problem with the amurites, but i dont remember exactly.

[to_xp]Gekko;7237564 said:
aknowledged issue with patch F. will be solved in patch G that's coming out this weekend ( hopefully :D )

No, according to the first post it's sceduled for 0.34.

uh, you're right but that sounds really strange, they used to work in patch E. It would be nice to hear from Kael why it's gonna take so long.

Seems that whatever is causing the problems with city spells is a side-effect of fixing a different bug in patch F. Completely fixing the bugs (rather than choosing which one to live with) will take "significant code rewrite", and since no other patches have come out I can only assume 0.34 is the current project for the FfH team, not patching 0.33.

So how frequently does it happen, and will you lose all of the HQs, or just some of them here and there?

something here and there... I don't lose any buildings in the city, the just HQ or HC symbols disappear, that star that symbolizes that the city itself is a HQ or HC. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't happen... it's quite random, most of the time it happens after I load a saved game... other times... I've never noticed it until a bit later like 20 turns or so... that it disappears from my city or the CPU player. Of course... I'm not using the current patch... it could also be an issue with the mod I'm playing on... not sure... Fall Further... but I'm thinking since that mod uses most if not all of the files from FFHII for the base that it would be a problem with the main... it's happened before on the regular game without playing a mod...

-_- okay... I just played a little in a regular non-mod game and it does it... it's the base files that are used... so technically... the original files FF are based off of are bugged with that in HQ and HC disappearing randomly every so often

1. I received a free Nightwatch when researching Deception, though I wasn't the first one (so Council of Esus has already been founded) - the Pedia says nothing about a free unit with that tech, only for the founder of the Council of Esus.

2. Likely an BTS relict - I got the Civil unrest event (were you can fuel unrest in another civilization) and the third option talks of expending "spy points" - a concept which isn't in FFH anymore.

3. I wonder if the AC rise caused by the appearence of Heroes/Wonders like Hyborem, Stigmata of the Unboen and Rosire of the Fallen actually works - when I received the message that they appeared, I noticed no corresponding AC rise. Surely, something else could have decreased the AC right in that turn, but I found it too unlikely that it happened in all three cases, so I decided to post the observation anyway.

Hi everyone.

I had a problem with ffh2 0.33. Just an hour ago I was beginning my 4 daily hours of ffh2, I loaded the saved game I was playing at yesterday and I realized that there were no unit's images. Puff! Disappeared! Now I can't see no units plus I can't see no cities names...
I swear I didn't touch anything (as my mom always says when mess with the pc)!

Does anyone could help me, pleaseeee?

Thank You
Grazie

I've just realized that Civ 4 BTS give me the same problem AND that my post had probably fitted better in the troubleshooting section...I'm sorry, next time would be more aware...but for now, "please sirs, could I have some more (help)?"

1. I received a free Nightwatch when researching Deception, though I wasn't the first one (so Council of Esus has already been founded) - the Pedia says nothing about a free unit with that tech, only for the founder of the Council of Esus.

2. Likely an BTS relict - I got the Civil unrest event (were you can fuel unrest in another civilization) and the third option talks of expending "spy points" - a concept which isn't in FFH anymore.

3. I wonder if the AC rise caused by the appearence of Heroes/Wonders like Hyborem, Stigmata of the Unboen and Rosire of the Fallen actually works - when I received the message that they appeared, I noticed no corresponding AC rise. Surely, something else could have decreased the AC right in that turn, but I found it too unlikely that it happened in all three cases, so I decided to post the observation anyway.

Free Nightwatch is intentional as I recall it, but added after the religion was initially set up, so the text to let you know in advance was probably forgotten.

The Espionage Points showing up is reported and minor, so probably will get fixed, but may not.

AC changes that you see on the number are a percentage. The actual AC goes much higher than 100 (changes based on how many players the game has), so you often won't see the change you expect to.

Hi everyone.

I had a problem with ffh2 0.33. Just an hour ago I was beginning my 4 daily hours of ffh2, I loaded the saved game I was playing at yesterday and I realized that there were no unit's images. Puff! Disappeared! Now I can't see no units plus I can't see no cities names...
I swear I didn't touch anything (as my mom always says when mess with the pc)!

Does anyone could help me, pleaseeee?

Thank You
Grazie

I've just realized that Civ 4 BTS give me the same problem AND that my post had probably fitted better in the troubleshooting section...I'm sorry, next time would be more aware...but for now, "please sirs, could I have some more (help)?"

Sounds like you activated Bare Map. It is a button above your mini-map, quite close to the end turn button I think. There is also a hotkey for it, but I cannot recall what it is right now.

The Nightwatch is the disciple. You can use it to spread the CoE.

Top Bottom