1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.33 Changelog

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Aug 4, 2008.

1. srmacpherson

srmacpherson Chieftain

"1. Added the Jungle Altar, Necrototem and Warning Post improvements (for scenarios)."

What do these do? when can we expect civlopedia write-ups on all the flash new features?

2. Pyr0mancer

Pyr0mancer Chieftain

For what it's worth, Necrototem has a fear effect, it scares any units that move to an adjacent square into moving to another random adjacent square.

3. srmacpherson

srmacpherson Chieftain

That could be interesting. I wonder if the warning post has a similar effect. Perhaps the jungle altar is a spawn point.

4. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

Question for FfH Dev Team. I'm trying to mod Passive Espionage back into the game (See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286235 for details) and many of the settings which worked in 32 don't seem to work in 33.

For instance, in 32 you could re-enable the Espionage Slider by editting CIV4CommerceInfo, but 33 doesn't allow this. Have these options been taken out completely for efficiency, the interface update or have I messed up my XML modding?

5. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Espionage is turned off in the SDK. Check the ::isOption function in CvGame.cpp for details, its pretty easy to remove the block.

6. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

OK, this is as cheeky as hell, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Presuming that it doesn't cause problems with the interface, massive inefficiencies in the run-time, overly extend the download size or cause some other issue, would it be possible to have a request for change to remove this block in the next update of the .dll, so it to expose the Espionage option back to the XML layer.

I freely admit that I'm principally asking from a selfish perspective, as my only dev software is notepad and I took one look at the "how to create the .dll without .net 2003" thread and had to have a lie down. :)

7. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Nope, it will stay off in the main mod. It certainly doesnt hurt to ask.

8. Justicar333

Justicar333 Chieftain

Just downloaded .33, looking forward to trying it out. One small glitch though, patch B link seems to be broken on the download page. =/ Anyone know an alternate source for the patch?

9. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

you only need the most recent patch, which should always be linked in the bug thread. In this case it is 'd'. Is that working?

10. Justicar333

Justicar333 Chieftain

It is now, either I somehow had an old download page, or literally caught them in the middle of updating the link. Patch "D" is now installed, thanks. :D

11. dagorkan

dagorkan Chieftain

It's path "f" now, look at the thread. It is confusing though, Kael doesn't update the changes in an obvious place, I had to do a search to find this out

12. coalman

coalman Chieftain

I downloaded the game but when I try to play it, it stops working.

13. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Pobable better to put that in the 0.33 bug thread.

14. bottle cap

bottle cap Chieftain

when i open up the mod after i've downloaded it it just closes down civ
    what do i do ?

15. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Why are you using such an old version of FfH2? We are up to version 0.41o now. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020

If you have BtS fully patched then it is not compatible with these older versions of the mod, but should work fine with the newer ones.