FfH2 0.33 Changelog

"1. Added the Jungle Altar, Necrototem and Warning Post improvements (for scenarios)."

What do these do? when can we expect civlopedia write-ups on all the flash new features?

For what it's worth, Necrototem has a fear effect, it scares any units that move to an adjacent square into moving to another random adjacent square.

For what it's worth, Necrototem has a fear effect, it scares any units that move to an adjacent square into moving to another random adjacent square.

That could be interesting. I wonder if the warning post has a similar effect. Perhaps the jungle altar is a spawn point.

Question for FfH Dev Team. I'm trying to mod Passive Espionage back into the game (See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286235 for details) and many of the settings which worked in 32 don't seem to work in 33.

For instance, in 32 you could re-enable the Espionage Slider by editting CIV4CommerceInfo, but 33 doesn't allow this. Have these options been taken out completely for efficiency, the interface update or have I messed up my XML modding?

Question for FfH Dev Team. I'm trying to mod Passive Espionage back into the game (See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286235 for details) and many of the settings which worked in 32 don't seem to work in 33.

For instance, in 32 you could re-enable the Espionage Slider by editting CIV4CommerceInfo, but 33 doesn't allow this. Have these options been taken out completely for efficiency, the interface update or have I messed up my XML modding?

Espionage is turned off in the SDK. Check the ::isOption function in CvGame.cpp for details, its pretty easy to remove the block.

OK, this is as cheeky as hell, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Presuming that it doesn't cause problems with the interface, massive inefficiencies in the run-time, overly extend the download size or cause some other issue, would it be possible to have a request for change to remove this block in the next update of the .dll, so it to expose the Espionage option back to the XML layer.

I freely admit that I'm principally asking from a selfish perspective, as my only dev software is notepad and I took one look at the "how to create the .dll without .net 2003" thread and had to have a lie down. :)

OK, this is as cheeky as hell, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Presuming that it doesn't cause problems with the interface, massive inefficiencies in the run-time, overly extend the download size or cause some other issue, would it be possible to have a request for change to remove this block in the next update of the .dll, so it to expose the Espionage option back to the XML layer.

I freely admit that I'm principally asking from a selfish perspective, as my only dev software is notepad and I took one look at the "how to create the .dll without .net 2003" thread and had to have a lie down. :)

Nope, it will stay off in the main mod. It certainly doesnt hurt to ask.

Just downloaded .33, looking forward to trying it out. One small glitch though, patch B link seems to be broken on the download page. =/ Anyone know an alternate source for the patch?

It is now, either I somehow had an old download page, or literally caught them in the middle of updating the link. Patch "D" is now installed, thanks. :D

It's path "f" now, look at the thread. It is confusing though, Kael doesn't update the changes in an obvious place, I had to do a search to find this out

Pobable better to put that in the 0.33 bug thread.

Why are you using such an old version of FfH2? We are up to version 0.41o now. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020

If you have BtS fully patched then it is not compatible with these older versions of the mod, but should work fine with the newer ones.

Top Bottom