FfH2 0.33 Changelog

I feel as though there should be some cool Elohim thing you can do for each civilzation you have a city from. Like build some sorta embassy, or conglomeration. Example:

Conglomeration
National Elohim wonder
Requires Philosophy
+1 Relationship with all foreign leaders.

Ambassador to (Nation)
Can only be built in a (Nation) city.
Requires Conglomeration to be built in civ.
Has ability "Add to Conglomeration (Nation)"

Add to Conglomeration (Nation)
Creates a (Nation) Embassy in city.

(Nation) Embassy
City can build as though it were of (Nation)
+2 Relation with (Nation).
+4 culture

The idea being that you'd build the 'conglomeration' wonder in a major city of yours, and then 'collect' the cultures from the various worlds to make that city strong.

This would be better for the Kuriotates, since they can't really capture new cities and it would add a lot of interesting power to them.

It is much easier to understand that way, the ones that are in traits have a much bigger impact than the inherent bonuses, and since one of the first things most players would look at is their traits it allows people to understand that they are going to have to change their playstyle around that trait, while with the inherent bonuses they don't make such a big difference that you need to know about them straight away...

I think dwarfven vaults have a much bigger impact on the civ than the ingenuity trait.

I think dwarfven vaults have a much bigger impact on the civ than the ingenuity trait.

It mostly about how the mechganic is implemented. Some are easier to implment as traits, some are easier to implement as civ specific mechanics (crusade, dwarven vaults, pearls, etc).

From a user interface perspective it would be nice to have civ traits and leader traits. That would be especially nice with the unrestricted leaders option. But the amount of work that would require to code doesn't justify the end result.

Its also hard to draw the line between special civ mechanics and anything that differentiates a civ from another. Some UU's and UB's are as game impacting as traits and make their civ distinct.

So I understand the idea to switch things into traits, but its a ton of work to program and there really isnt any decent cutoff point to it.

I assume Great people cannot equip Mirror (although building the alter, etc are probably considered spells). And most things (like building temples, cages, etc) are spells, and with mirrors marked as casted, you don't have to worry about that either.

There may be a problem with Summoner's capturing the mirror equipment though. (?)

There may be a problem with Summoner's capturing the mirror equipment though. (?)

If you mean the trait then it has already been mentioned that the mirror will be one turn only regardless of traits...

(and mirror illusions only last 1 turn)

if only alive units can use the mirror, does this mean angels and demons are prohibited from using it aswell?

Is there a time-of-day planned. I'd like to know whether I should go to bed early tonight or just plan on sleeping in :)

Is there a time-of-day planned. I'd like to know whether I should go to bed early tonight or just plan on sleeping in :)

No sorry. The exact time is based on my personal schedule, last minute issues that popup and upload problems (which is usually the biggest problem). All I can promise is the day.

No problem, though thanks for the quick response. I've heard many good things about this mod and looking forward to experiencing a whole new world.

Is the trophy hall going to return anywhen?

If it's anything like how I used to post my assignments to my classes in college, it will be at 12:05 the next morning, with some excuse about how this or that wasn't working right, and can it still please count as on time?

But I have confidence in Kael that it will be nothing like that.
Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Just a word about weapons--I have been playing this for the first time, one game lasting 2 weeks for me now, and I have loved it. One thing that didn't occur to me immediately was that if a unit requires a building to be built, then the unit below it in the upgrade path also needs to be in a city containing that building to upgrade to the target unit! I hope sometime in the development of the game, that is made clear in the Civilopedia.

It has also been very frustrating to try to figure out which Summon spells I'm going to be able to use with my Mages, because not all of them are available to my units even when I have the right mana types (but others are). I hope that also gets into the Civilopedia eventually.

Lastly, it didn't always make sense why some units got to use metal weapons and others did not. Longbowmen can, but Archers can't? I don't see the logic in that, except perhaps to intentionally weaken Archers from a balance perspective. I'm sure they put bronze arrowheads on their arrows as soon as they possibly could.

FfH2 has never missed a release date. 0.33 is also 16 meg smaller than 0.32. These are the things that appeal to my inner project manager.

It's 4am on the 15th...

Jeopardy Theme Song

It has also been very frustrating to try to figure out which Summon spells I'm going to be able to use with my Mages, because not all of them are available to my units even when I have the right mana types (but others are). I hope that also gets into the Civilopedia eventually.

Lastly, it didn't always make sense why some units got to use metal weapons and others did not. Longbowmen can, but Archers can't? I don't see the logic in that, except perhaps to intentionally weaken Archers from a balance perspective. I'm sure they put bronze arrowheads on their arrows as soon as they possibly could.

I don't believe longbows can use weapon upgrades either? Perhaps I'm just mistaken :)

In any case, you can see what summons your mages will get. Go to the Civilopedia and go to the Promotions section. Look up the promotions for node types, such as Sun I/II/II, Death I/II/III, etc. It'll show you what you can do with them.

Hope that helps!

Longbowmen can get Bronze and Iron weapons, but not Mithril.

Mages need the sphere promotions to cast spells of that type, for example the Sun II spell (Blinding Light) requires you to take the Sun II promotion, which requires the Sun I promotion, which requires Sun mana. You only need to have the mana to take the first level promotion in a sphere, after that you can take the second and third levels (for Mages and Archmages respectively) without the mana. The only summoning spells that Mages can get are Summon Spectre (Death II), Summon Skeleton (Death I, permanent), Summon Host of the Einherjar (Law II), and Summon Pit Beast (Entropy II). Fireball (Fire II) and Floating Eye (Metamagic I) also summon units, but they're special cases. Malakim Mages get a special racial spell, Summon Sand Lion.

It's 4am on the 15th...

Jeopardy Theme Song

Now, Now, remember, Kael is in Ohio, not Germany.
(I, in the same time zone, will now spend the next week waiting with baited breath to get back from a trip so that I can download and use 0.33c, or however many emergency patches are produced in the next week:p.

Edit of course, not half an hour after I post this, .33 is avalable. Ahh well.

Played a game of .33, forgot to turn Orthus off, and was reminded why I do.

He spawned fairly close to me, and on turn 100 or so, attacks. He kills a few warriors, and then dies doing fairly little damage. The unit that killed him gained 28 XP, and of course then got a nice axe. He then conquered the Bannor, by himself.

The XP boost with the +1 strength and Blitz is really strong early on, and is often completely unexploitable by the AI.

Just some opinions from me on this.

FYI, the new fire effects literally brought a tear to my eye. Hol-ey-. .. .. .. ..

Top Bottom