• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

It was defintly blight (or pestilence) that damaged your units. It also applies a significant temporary health penalty to your cites. It wears off at 1 point per turn. Health effecting buildings (and civics etc) will minimize the effect of blight but if your playing a true Calabim leader they probably arent high on your priority list. ;)

Thank-you, that's good to know. Just co-incidental timing I guess.

Sometimes enraged wears off. Sometimes it doesnt and the unit goes barb, it just depends on how lucky you feel.

Aye, I know the enraged bit, but I think the 2 copies of the vampire lord is the bug. Immortal units don't die with enraged, they just change sides (Would any other side swapping mechanics trigger this?). In a 'lore' sense it's broken I'd say... but in a 'player' sense I got to keep my unit. Depends on the purpose of Immortal I guess.

I had the lair event where I sided with the Lizard Folk and got 3 Lizardmen - none killed by the Dwarven Axemen that also emerged from the lair.

Anyway, fast forward and I upgrade the Lizardmen and they are upgraded to Illian Rangers. I asked about this before and understand how it works now.

However, I don't understand why they don't get the Capture Animal promotion when upgraded like I get whenever I build an Illian Ranger.

Also, shouldn't they lose the Lizard race promotion or whatever when they become Illian Rangers rather than Lizardman Rangers?

Thank.

I had the lair event where I sided with the Lizard Folk and got 3 Lizardmen - none killed by the Dwarven Axemen that also emerged from the lair.

Anyway, fast forward and I upgrade the Lizardmen and they are upgraded to Illian Rangers. I asked about this before and understand how it works now.

However, I don't understand why they don't get the Capture Animal promotion when upgraded like I get whenever I build an Illian Ranger.

Rangers dont get capture animal for free anymore.

Also, shouldn't they lose the Lizard race promotion or whatever when they become Illian Rangers rather than Lizardman Rangers?

Nope, upgrades dont change a units race.

I noticed this by using the debug mode and ai autoplay.
In the attached savegame the Khazad are not building settlers. Their capital produces nothing for a lot of time. There seems to be enough space to settle.
Other Civs are expanding just normal.
Im using version .34h
I noticed this in previous games with Einion Logos too.

Heres the save: edit: it say i have allredy posted the save in antother thread, so i cant attach it here. heres the link though: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297785

I think this was mentioned, but I don't see it listed here... for Kurio settlements if you capture an enemy city that's a religious capital you can't use a great prophet to build the great building there. I assume (but haven't verified) that this is the same case if you found a religion and it gets randomly placed in one of your settlements.

I noticed this by using the debug mode and ai autoplay.
In the attached savegame the Khazad are not building settlers. Their capital produces nothing for a lot of time. There seems to be enough space to settle.
Other Civs are expanding just normal.
Im using version .34h
I noticed this in previous games with Einion Logos too.

Heres the save: edit: it say i have allredy posted the save in antother thread, so i cant attach it here. heres the link though: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297785

Thats most likely because of the Khazad AI which causes them not to build any more cities until they have enough gold to sustain their dwarven vaults.

I encountered this while playing the Orbis Modmod, but I'm pretty sure the problem is from base FfH, since I've seen references to this in other threads.

Playing as the Illians, I built the Eyes and Ears Network and received the various religion techs, which the Illians are not supposed to be able to research. I assume this is a bug and not intended.

As I said, I saw a brief mention of this also in a thread about the Grigori, so I'm pretty sure the problem is in base FfH and not the modmod.

Is it possible to code some kind of a block on Agnostic leaders receiving religion techs from the Eyes and Ears Network?

EDIT: It wasn't mentioned in a Grigori thread, my mistake, but I did see a post about the Eyes and Ears Network in connection with Agnostic civs. Just wanted to clarify.

AI seems stupid with Equpment. Orthus's Axe sat for more then 100 turns near clabim land, units running all around it, and they never picked it up.

Opened a treasure chest, got a TEXT_KEY_MESSSAGE_TREASURE_EMPTY .

Not serious, and I am not exactly certain on the spelling, except that MESSSAGE was written with three S.

When I've got a CtD - is there some kind of "procedure" what to check, before I post a save game (or any other file?) ?

Rangers dont get capture animal for free anymore.

Nope, upgrades dont change a units race.

OK, thank you Kael - I could have sworn my Rangers built had that promotion.

But, what I am really confused with now is that I was told in another thread that upgraded units gain the race of the owner if they are not previously.

For example, the Lizardman when upgraded gains the model of the Illian Ranger. |I thought this made sense as someone said this was true of all upgrades.

However, it is a little confusing to have the Illian Ranger who retains his Lizard race?:confused:

Hello,
I have .34 with patch H (newest version everything)
In the middle of a Bannor game i experienced 2 reasons to CtD
1 - When im trying to get back my city from orcs the city is Trinity with 2 orc archers
2 - theres a Palisade building being completed in 1 turn on ice terrain at Stavgard (3)
I attached my saved game as well

Thanks

Attachments

• BANNOR.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
I had Spirit Guide transfer XP to a Settler.

OK, thank you Kael - I could have sworn my Rangers built had that promotion.

But, what I am really confused with now is that I was told in another thread that upgraded units gain the race of the owner if they are not previously.

For example, the Lizardman when upgraded gains the model of the Illian Ranger. |I thought this made sense as someone said this was true of all upgrades.

However, it is a little confusing to have the Illian Ranger who retains his Lizard race?:confused:

It's because Lizardman Ranger is a Clan and Barbarian UU, just with the same name and abilities (for some reseon:confused:)

It's because Lizardman Ranger is a Clan and Barbarian UU, just with the same name and abilities (for some reseon:confused:)

It needs to be a seperate UU so that it gets the Lizardman race rather than the Orc race...

It doesn't need to be a UU to get Lizardman instead of the default race, but it otherwise we'd have to use some python.

I know it doesn't make any sense to cast Sanctuary, if you don't have any cities, but tell this to the AI, which tried this anyway. The result was this:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 16, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2496, in spellSanctuary

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

After it being only a suspicion at first I checked it by trying this rather stupid move myself and got the same error. I hope, that proves it. (I was playing Fall from Heaven 0.34h.)

I know it doesn't make any sense to cast Sanctuary, if you don't have any cities, but tell this to the AI, which tried this anyway. The result was this:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 16, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2496, in spellSanctuary

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

After it being only a suspicion at first I checked it by trying this rather stupid move myself and got the same error. I hope, that proves it. (I was playing Fall from Heaven 0.34h.)

k, ill fix it, thanks.

I think this was mentioned, but I don't see it listed here... for Kurio settlements if you capture an enemy city that's a religious capital you can't use a great prophet to build the great building there. I assume (but haven't verified) that this is the same case if you found a religion and it gets randomly placed in one of your settlements.

This is long standing and yes, if the religion does found in a settlement you built you still cannot use a great person to build the shrine. Not sure if this is intentional but i wish it would be changed.

Top Bottom