1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.34 Change log

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Hanny

Hanny Prince

Depends what you mean by racism, since we are all one race, neanderthals haveing long since gone, and no DNA present in human DNA from them, racism is simply what we do to get one section to exterminate or expoit another, but with actual Elven or dwarved etc racism is simply a deffiernt thing altogether.

2. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

Lightbringers got Mobility I, definitely makes them more viable than Scouts now. :D

Edit: Took a quick look again, that's a change that comes with Varn's new trait fix? Sweet.

3. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

I wont be able to play for a while, so can someone enlighten me. does .34 include the random name generator marnok developed?

4. Kael

Kael Deity

Yes, thought it was clipped a bit since it only names barb creatures now. Never player units.

5. Ethric

Ethric Warlord

Great update, and kudos on releasing on time, but... is there be a "gratuitous orange lines on/off"-button somewhere? :mischief:

6. Kael

Kael Deity

I dont know what your talking about. Could you provide a screenshot?

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Edit: Why did I think this was the bug thread?

8. Ethric

Ethric Warlord

The lines around all progress-bars, and selection-menus. They look intended, but a bit glaring IMO. Not that I in any way think it's something important and worth any effort just because *I* think they are a bit overdone. A minor detail in the overall greatness :)

Attached Files:

9. Caradoc

Caradoc Emperor

Regarding Charm, what is a "neutral unit"? Is an ordinary barbarian neutral? An AI with Neutral alignment? A unit with Hidden Nationality?

10. MagisterCultuum

It is a unit belonging to a rival player with whom you are not at war and do not have a permanent alliance.

11. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

How do you get this?

12. MagisterCultuum

I just looked through the python files, and it appears that the Godslayer equipment is created by the same ritual as Auric Ascended, and is given to Auric's strongest rival.

It is also worth noting that if a unit with the Godslayer promotion is killed by Auric Ascended that Auric Ascended dies too. The +1000% combat strength doesn't matter all that much, it just provides a slim chance that the unit fighting Auric won't die in a combat that has a 100% chance of slaying the god (ignoring the possibility that the unit with the godslayer is the attacker and manages to withdraw). It could be rather amusing to have Auric Ascended die attaking a mere worker.

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

wait, so there is no way at all for Auric to survive the fight? umh, I think I'm missing something here, he seems doomed. :\

14. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

Out of curiosity, does the Godslayer then disappear? Because the +3 Strength it gives is really nice.

15. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

Wow, permanent war with everone and your strongest opponent has a very powerful peice of equipment and could very easily defeat your strongest unit, and with the godslayers other attributes could very likely defeat most of your units very easily :(

16. DioBrando

DioBrando Warlord

Oh, that's some nice balancing right there. Will the AI be intelligent enough to use the rituals or use the godslayer properly?

And i really love the new music, does anyone have a track list of the new tunes?

17. MagisterCultuum

You don't necessarily have permanent war. In my first game where I managed to ascend I happened to start right next to the Seven Pines and stopped anyone from Casting peace there. Right after I ascended I cast Peace, ending my war (which wasn't against anyone anyway, as I had built the Mercurian Gate and forced Cassiel to Capitulate before the ritual was finished) and bringing the AC from 100 to 75. I wiped out the Balseraphs with him, used Stir from Slumber to get Drifa, and nad mostly destroyed the Luchuirp with Drifa and the Infernals with Auric Ascended before graphical errors caused a CtD.

You aren't supposed to let a unit with the Godslayer get near Auric. That's why you have Drifa.

It does not appear that the Godslayer would be lost after vanquishing Auric Ascended.

18. Mailbox

Mailbox King

Two questions:

1) Do Blizzards ever change the tile to ice?
    2) If you cast Call Blizzard with two blizzards in range will it delete one?

19. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

No, and no.

20. Moofalot

Moofalot Chieftain

Isn't this kind of redundant? I'd say pretty much any civ's hero using the Godslayer would defeat him. As long as the unit doesn't get nailed by the snowfall the turn before, he would have 1000% plus all the promotions (by the time Auric can ascend, I'd imagine the hero would at the very least be level 10) to the units already fairly high base strength. And even if he loses, another unit can pick up the Godslayer and finish Auric off. Hell, I think even a champion could pull a very favorable percentage right off the bat if he was a decent level.

I guess it's a flavor thing, but even with the Godslayer you'd at least have to strike it home before Auric obliterates you, right? Would he stand there in a panic as any weak ol' mortal prances up and destroys him? (He does afterall fire off some kind of lightning attack in combat :p)