FfH2 0.34 Change log

The Godslayer was intended to be powerful. That's not to say that whoever gets it may not find themselves facing Drifa and a horde of other monsters protecting Auric and making sure that the Godslayer never gets close enough to so much as scratch him.

Point being, the Illians are incredibly risky to play as, this is a part of their distinctive flavor. I think it's ingenious, really...

Isn't this kind of redundant? I'd say pretty much any civ's hero using the Godslayer would defeat him. As long as the unit doesn't get nailed by the snowfall the turn before, he would have 1000% plus all the promotions (by the time Auric can ascend, I'd imagine the hero would at the very least be level 10) to the units already fairly high base strength. And even if he loses, another unit can pick up the Godslayer and finish Auric off. Hell, I think even a champion could pull a very favorable percentage right off the bat if he was a decent level.

I guess it's a flavor thing, but even with the Godslayer you'd at least have to strike it home before Auric obliterates you, right? Would he stand there in a panic as any weak ol' mortal prances up and destroys him? (He does afterall fire off some kind of lightning attack in combat :p)

The RNG is a fickle queen sometimes so the extra code was added just to make sure.

Snowfall isnt going to take out the bearer of Godslayer. The sword makes him immune to cold damage (and all other types). Its going to take some units to bring him down. Drifa is perfect for the task if you can get her to the unit carrying Godslayer before he gets to Auric. Course that requires another ritual and a debt of blood before you can get the dragon.

Hey wait... Isn't a lot of Drifa's damage Cold damage? That'd make a big difference in the fight, if I'm thinking right.

Hey wait... Isn't a lot of Drifa's damage Cold damage? That'd make a big difference in the fight, if I'm thinking right.

Yeap, but Drifas also got 14 point of physical strength, 3 base moves, magic immunity and should have a host of promotions by the time the godslayer hits the game.

Its an interesting situation for both sides.

"Ooh!-- that hilt STINGS!" Auric exclaims as the Godslayer drops from his hands. :p

Here's hoping Drifa has backup. ;)

Can Mulcarn equip the Godslayer or does it autokill him? :p

The godslayer is invisible to every civ except the one on the quest for it. So I dont think Auric could ever get it.

But I may need to check and make sure the "take equipment" function verifies that the unit can see the equipment.

shouldn't the Illians ( or at least Auric himself ) be able to "sense" ( see, ingame ) who ( i.e. which unit ) has the Godslayer so they can protect Auric? ( for example give the unit a flaming aura ingame ) otherwise you'll never be sure if he's gonna survive :D

Invisible as in, totally?

Or could hunters and the like see and retrieve it?

Totally invisible. Nothing in the game can see it.

[to_xp]Gekko;7341223 said:
shouldn't the Illians ( or at least Auric himself ) be able to "sense" ( see, ingame ) who ( i.e. which unit ) has the Godslayer so they can protect Auric? ( for example give the unit a flaming aura ingame ) otherwise you'll never be sure if he's gonna survive :D

Yeah, I thought about adding an ability to auric that allows him to ping for the sword. But I dont know if thats needed yet.

Totally invisible. Nothing in the game can see it.

Yeah, I thought about adding an ability to auric that allows him to ping for the sword. But I dont know if thats needed yet.

It would certainly help with the big risk. Not to mention it is flavorful.

You aren't supposed to let a unit with the Godslayer get near Auric. That's why you have Drifa.

Well any invisible or high move unit would have a good chance of killing Auric, and with the godslayer totally invisible any battle Auric has could be his last...

You can see the promotion on a unit, Kael just said that you cannot see the Godslayer (as a unit) when it is dropped after killing the unit who was holding it.

This could cause issues though if you haven't gott he code working right to turn equipment Barbarian when deleting a civilization. Would make it impossible to remove the Godlsayer holding Civilization from the game completely.

The godslayer is invisible to every civ except the one on the quest for it.

So if Drifa kills the unit with the Godslayer and Auric takes out the rest of that civ, no other civ can pick up the Godslayer? Only one civ EVER has a decent chance to kill Auric, and if they fail, the game is essentially over?

(Although I guess a leveled, magic-immune Dragon would be able to go toe-to-toe with Auric.)

So if Drifa kills the unit with the Godslayer and Auric takes out the rest of that civ, no other civ can pick up the Godslayer? Only one civ EVER has a decent chance to kill Auric, and if they fail, the game is essentially over?

(Although I guess a leveled, magic-immune Dragon would be able to go toe-to-toe with Auric.)

There is only one easy way to kill Auric. If the illians kill the holder of the godslayer and that civilization then yes, that easy path is gone. Only the hard path remains.

I found standing offshore and blasting Snowfall to be very effective at thining the herd if you want to narrow it down :)

I actually think that the Godslayer would be more fun if it was similar to Barnaxus' pieces, so that everyone can pick it up, and the Illians can try to keep it locked someplace heavily defended ;)

[to_xp]Gekko;7343171 said:
I actually think that the Godslayer would be more fun if it was similar to Barnaxus' pieces, so that everyone can pick it up, and the Illians can try to keep it locked someplace heavily defended ;)

I completely agree.

For the first time ever I had the AI complete a ritual! Got the message that Perpentach had completed Genesis.

I didn't see anything about rituals and the AI in the first post in this thread, but you've obviously done something to make the AI more likely to do one of the rituals. Excellent move!

Top Bottom