1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.34 Change log

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

The Godslayer was intended to be powerful. That's not to say that whoever gets it may not find themselves facing Drifa and a horde of other monsters protecting Auric and making sure that the Godslayer never gets close enough to so much as scratch him.

Point being, the Illians are incredibly risky to play as, this is a part of their distinctive flavor. I think it's ingenious, really...

2. Kael

Kael Deity

The RNG is a fickle queen sometimes so the extra code was added just to make sure.

Snowfall isnt going to take out the bearer of Godslayer. The sword makes him immune to cold damage (and all other types). Its going to take some units to bring him down. Drifa is perfect for the task if you can get her to the unit carrying Godslayer before he gets to Auric. Course that requires another ritual and a debt of blood before you can get the dragon.

3. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

Hey wait... Isn't a lot of Drifa's damage Cold damage? That'd make a big difference in the fight, if I'm thinking right.

4. Kael

Kael Deity

Yeap, but Drifas also got 14 point of physical strength, 3 base moves, magic immunity and should have a host of promotions by the time the godslayer hits the game.

Its an interesting situation for both sides.

5. Mailbox

Mailbox King

Can Mulcarn equip the Godslayer or does it autokill him? :p

6. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

"Ooh!-- that hilt STINGS!" Auric exclaims as the Godslayer drops from his hands. :p

Here's hoping Drifa has backup. ;)

7. Kael

Kael Deity

The godslayer is invisible to every civ except the one on the quest for it. So I dont think Auric could ever get it.

But I may need to check and make sure the "take equipment" function verifies that the unit can see the equipment.

8. JeffSteel

JeffSteel Warlord

Invisible as in, totally?

Or could hunters and the like see and retrieve it?

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

shouldn't the Illians ( or at least Auric himself ) be able to "sense" ( see, ingame ) who ( i.e. which unit ) has the Godslayer so they can protect Auric? ( for example give the unit a flaming aura ingame ) otherwise you'll never be sure if he's gonna survive :D

10. Kael

Kael Deity

Totally invisible. Nothing in the game can see it.

Yeah, I thought about adding an ability to auric that allows him to ping for the sword. But I dont know if thats needed yet.

11. Ksi

Ksi Warlord

It would certainly help with the big risk. Not to mention it is flavorful.

12. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

Well any invisible or high move unit would have a good chance of killing Auric, and with the godslayer totally invisible any battle Auric has could be his last...

13. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

You can see the promotion on a unit, Kael just said that you cannot see the Godslayer (as a unit) when it is dropped after killing the unit who was holding it.

This could cause issues though if you haven't gott he code working right to turn equipment Barbarian when deleting a civilization. Would make it impossible to remove the Godlsayer holding Civilization from the game completely.

14. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

So if Drifa kills the unit with the Godslayer and Auric takes out the rest of that civ, no other civ can pick up the Godslayer? Only one civ EVER has a decent chance to kill Auric, and if they fail, the game is essentially over?

(Although I guess a leveled, magic-immune Dragon would be able to go toe-to-toe with Auric.)

15. Kael

Kael Deity

There is only one easy way to kill Auric. If the illians kill the holder of the godslayer and that civilization then yes, that easy path is gone. Only the hard path remains.

16. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

I found standing offshore and blasting Snowfall to be very effective at thining the herd if you want to narrow it down :)

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I actually think that the Godslayer would be more fun if it was similar to Barnaxus' pieces, so that everyone can pick it up, and the Illians can try to keep it locked someplace heavily defended ;)

18. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

I completely agree.

19. Mailbox

Mailbox King

I tried this and Auric was killed by Privateers.

20. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

For the first time ever I had the AI complete a ritual! Got the message that Perpentach had completed Genesis.

I didn't see anything about rituals and the AI in the first post in this thread, but you've obviously done something to make the AI more likely to do one of the rituals. Excellent move!