FfH2 0.34 Change log

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 2, 2008.

1. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

:lol:
    Just wait until you get hit by bane divine...

2. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

No,, wait till your playing the infernals, with a large army on your door, with your victory assured,, high level units, and get hit with Glory Everlasting:(. Trust me, I know. It amazingly hapened.

3. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

That's gold.

For the people who, you know, didn't experience such a defeat.. Goes to show you that some really interesting things can happen in any match.

Though not a ritual, I used the Mercurian World Spell when I saw just how many Pyre Zombies the Sheaim were marching at me. Turned into a cake walk after the majority of her stack (and defense?!) was gone. :D

4. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I was just trying to point out that having the AI complete rituals adds another challenge to the game. In earlier versions, I always knew that I'd be able to complete any ritual I might want to, so this makes things different.

Also, I was happy about this for a selfish reason: Kael started a thread a while back in which he asked for community feedback about AI issues, and I mentioned that the AI never seemed to do any rituals. (Not the biggest issue, I know, but an issue nonetheless.) So it's always nice to see the design team take your comments into account. :)

5. avalonnn

avalonnn Prince

yes! even just the promotion that gives him a 10% chance of converting units would make a big difference, and fits with the Orthus story.

6. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

agreed, this could be nice :)

7. Black Attila

Black Attila Chieftain

I have never seen this happen, did this make the 034 game or was it taken out?

8. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

How would barbarian Skeletons get to level 3?

9. Nimbus

Nimbus Prince

Skeletons that I summon get XP and I know since 034 I have been able to spend those XP on promotions unlike in all previous versions. However as a human player I can not upgrade those experienced skeletons but do not know if the barbarians are likewise restricted, sorry.

10. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

No, I meant, how would a barbarian skeleton survive to level 3?

That's a least three won combats, and barbarians don't heal or protect their units. I don't even know if the AI civs can accomplish that feat.

11. RogueThunder

RogueThunder Warlord

It only really takes 2 combats for the averge skele to hit level 3 from what Ive seen(with a tiny bit of luck, atleast). And yeah, Ive seen them upgrade... Heck. I saw one upgrade to a wraith. That was scary. Literaly, did so as marching on my capital.

Thankfully, my capital was on a hill, across a river, with a palasade and wall, with my brand new archer standing in it THAT turn.

Be VERY carefull of underestimating 034 skeltons. If they win that 90% chance you have on them... they get big. Fast. (Espeucally if theyre guarding a lair because they WILL heal in that one cirumstance)

That said, yeah, they dont heal too often...

12. skallben

skallben Diplomat

This is all nice stuff but...

Barbatoooooooooos! :(:(:(

Why not just make him optional like the others?
    To me is seems he is kind of a love/hate object and you can guess what side I represent hehe. Honestly, I love all the hardcore-dangerous unpredictable stuff in FFH and Barbatos was one of my favourite features.

13. Kael

Kael Deity

Because explorable lairs was a better way to do it. You can still have a lair spawn a powerful lich with the hero promotion. Its just one of many possible outcomes, which we think makes the game more interesting.

14. skallben

skallben Diplomat

Allright, I didn't know that. Ill postpone my judgement until I actually done that lair event then :)

15. GePap

GePap Warlord

Perhaps Barbatos could return as a late game Barbarian unit like Tum Tum?

16. Marnok

Marnok Marnok

I had plans for the Return of Barbatos...

Spoiler :
    I was thinking of a random or lair event, which offered a chance to be led by a different leader. A sort of Koun variant or maybe a Hyborem/Basium variant - "I will lead your people, if you follow my ways" kind of thing. I thought, as one of a few variations on this type of event, maybe an ancient Lich could convince the people of a nation to usurp their leader and become leader in their place. Then I thought, ooh, Barbatos! So you would become the nation of Babratos, maybe some cities stay loyal to the old regime as a sort of civil war, but you are now playing a new, "rare" leader who you can't normally play, with whole new traits or UU/UB combinations...

17. Mailbox

Mailbox King

Now that Barbatos is gone, I could change the Legion to his ownership. I kind of like that idea actually. :lol:

18. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Barbatos is still in my modmod. I decided that to get to the lair the player or an AI would have to kill Barbatos or a similar guardian to the epic lairs.