FfH2 0.34 Change log

For the first time ever I had the AI complete a ritual! Got the message that Perpentach had completed Genesis.

I didn't see anything about rituals and the AI in the first post in this thread, but you've obviously done something to make the AI more likely to do one of the rituals. Excellent move!

:lol:
Just wait until you get hit by bane divine...

No,, wait till your playing the infernals, with a large army on your door, with your victory assured,, high level units, and get hit with Glory Everlasting:(. Trust me, I know. It amazingly hapened.

That's gold.

For the people who, you know, didn't experience such a defeat.. Goes to show you that some really interesting things can happen in any match.

Though not a ritual, I used the Mercurian World Spell when I saw just how many Pyre Zombies the Sheaim were marching at me. Turned into a cake walk after the majority of her stack (and defense?!) was gone. :D

I was just trying to point out that having the AI complete rituals adds another challenge to the game. In earlier versions, I always knew that I'd be able to complete any ritual I might want to, so this makes things different.

Also, I was happy about this for a selfish reason: Kael started a thread a while back in which he asked for community feedback about AI issues, and I mentioned that the AI never seemed to do any rituals. (Not the biggest issue, I know, but an issue nonetheless.) So it's always nice to see the design team take your comments into account. :)

Speaking of which... if you want to give Orthus some extra teeth, give him the ability to convert defeated units. ;)

yes! even just the promotion that gives him a 10% chance of converting units would make a big difference, and fits with the Orthus story.

11. Barbarian skeletons will upgrade to spectres if they get to level 3 and wraiths if they get to level 5 (be very afraid).

I have never seen this happen, did this make the 034 game or was it taken out?

How would barbarian Skeletons get to level 3?

Skeletons that I summon get XP and I know since 034 I have been able to spend those XP on promotions unlike in all previous versions. However as a human player I can not upgrade those experienced skeletons but do not know if the barbarians are likewise restricted, sorry.

No, I meant, how would a barbarian skeleton survive to level 3?

That's a least three won combats, and barbarians don't heal or protect their units. I don't even know if the AI civs can accomplish that feat.

It only really takes 2 combats for the averge skele to hit level 3 from what Ive seen(with a tiny bit of luck, atleast). And yeah, Ive seen them upgrade... Heck. I saw one upgrade to a wraith. That was scary. Literaly, did so as marching on my capital.

Thankfully, my capital was on a hill, across a river, with a palasade and wall, with my brand new archer standing in it THAT turn.

Be VERY carefull of underestimating 034 skeltons. If they win that 90% chance you have on them... they get big. Fast. (Espeucally if theyre guarding a lair because they WILL heal in that one cirumstance)

That said, yeah, they dont heal too often...

This is all nice stuff but...

Barbatoooooooooos! :(:(:(

Why not just make him optional like the others?
To me is seems he is kind of a love/hate object and you can guess what side I represent hehe. Honestly, I love all the hardcore-dangerous unpredictable stuff in FFH and Barbatos was one of my favourite features.

This is all nice stuff but...

Barbatoooooooooos! :(:(:(

Why not just make him optional like the others?
To me is seems he is kind of a love/hate object and you can guess what side I represent hehe. Honestly, I love all the hardcore-dangerous unpredictable stuff in FFH and Barbatos was one of my favourite features.

Because explorable lairs was a better way to do it. You can still have a lair spawn a powerful lich with the hero promotion. Its just one of many possible outcomes, which we think makes the game more interesting.

Because explorable lairs was a better way to do it. You can still have a lair spawn a powerful lich with the hero promotion. Its just one of many possible outcomes, which we think makes the game more interesting.

Allright, I didn't know that. Ill postpone my judgement until I actually done that lair event then :)

Perhaps Barbatos could return as a late game Barbarian unit like Tum Tum?

I had plans for the Return of Barbatos...

Spoiler :
I was thinking of a random or lair event, which offered a chance to be led by a different leader. A sort of Koun variant or maybe a Hyborem/Basium variant - "I will lead your people, if you follow my ways" kind of thing. I thought, as one of a few variations on this type of event, maybe an ancient Lich could convince the people of a nation to usurp their leader and become leader in their place. Then I thought, ooh, Barbatos! So you would become the nation of Babratos, maybe some cities stay loyal to the old regime as a sort of civil war, but you are now playing a new, "rare" leader who you can't normally play, with whole new traits or UU/UB combinations...

Now that Barbatos is gone, I could change the Legion to his ownership. I kind of like that idea actually. :lol:

Barbatos is still in my modmod. I decided that to get to the lair the player or an AI would have to kill Barbatos or a similar guardian to the epic lairs.

Top Bottom