FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Bannor can't build macemen or pikemen, since both units require a training yard, and the bannor can only buy the Bannor training yard. I guess there might be similar problems with other unique buildings.

The requirements for bronze, iron and mithril weapons (the promotions, not the techs) are also wrong somehow. Can't say more than that, since the code is apparently no longer in python.

I am playing Ljosalfar, my state religion is the Fellowship of the Leaves. I got ancient forests blooming all around but suddenly I got no forests at all. Only in a territory I acquired recently by finishing the clan there are some normal forests. The rest of my lands are barren. Is this normal, or is it count as a bug?

I admit my ignorance as I hadn't played enough FfH games so far. The AC is 7 and the Bannor civ was just destroyed on another continent.

I am receiving the same python exception every turn. Print Screen doesn't work on my keyboard :blush: so I have attached a save.

Also, when I mouse over a city at the end of a turn, the units in that city will not display.

patch k.

Attachments

• Broken Hawk AD-0070.CivBeyondSwordSave
    89 KB · Views: 56
Bannor can't build macemen or pikemen, since both units require a training yard, and the bannor can only buy the Bannor training yard. I guess there might be similar problems with other unique buildings.

The requirements for bronze, iron and mithril weapons (the promotions, not the techs) are also wrong somehow. Can't say more than that, since the code is apparently no longer in python.

I added a prereqbuildingclass (instead of prereqbuilding) to deal with this, which is why you can build axeman with the bannor version of the training yard. But I forgot to switch the the maceman and pikeman. Ill fix that and take a look at setweapons.

If you want more details about the weapons: neither require a forge or a mithril workshop (which could in fact just be a rule change and not a bug), and units got iron weapons too late (even though I had had access to iron for quite some time), and mithril too early (I hadn't yet researched mithril working).

When I toggle the score display on then off the AC remains floating in the air so to speak. Is it going to placed back in the original location?

got the following exception

Code:
File "CvSpellInterface", line 13, in cast

File "string", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 916, in spellRecruitMercenary

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

The game then froze up on the next command. Save file attached.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0468.CivBeyondSwordSave
    352.9 KB · Views: 39
If you want more details about the weapons: neither require a forge or a mithril workshop (which could in fact just be a rule change and not a bug), and units got iron weapons too late (even though I had had access to iron for quite some time), and mithril too early (I hadn't yet researched mithril working).

Except for the fact that metal weapons promotions are granted without the need for a Forge, I didn't notice many inconsistencies so far.

Iron gets revealed by Smelting, you can mine it but you get no Iron weapons promotions until you get Iron Working. Mithril is revealed by Metal Casting and can be mined but is not used before getting Mithril Working. I verified that in my last game.

One thing that doesn't seem right is that some archers got the Bronze and Iron weapon promotion. They might have been upgraded warriors but I am sure they got the promotion after being Archers.

On a 'game' I just played, Orthus spawned on yr 5!!! Attached is a save.

Also, the Turn number next to the year is usless.

When you mouse-over a unit the promos aren't stacked in the pop-up like they are in the unit help-box.

Also, immediately after converting to RoK all of my road changed from dirt roads to paved highways.

Ok, so I just finished (quit in hysterical laughter) a "game" where I was trying to break the spell system. Or crash something. Never really happened, except a couple spells that I just couldn't cast (wouldn't light up once learned) -- haste, charm person, courage.

Oh and the Spellstaff spell is borked at the moment. Was using the Amurites, so my wizards start with Spellstaff. Casting it doesn't give you the spellstaff promotion, so you can't break it. And yet the spellstaff itself goes grayed out. Only way to get it back was to take it as a new promotion on level up.

But, failing to break anything, the meat of my post is just to amuse everyone testing. I know this isn't playable yet, but it made me laugh and cry a little.

"When Armageddon goes (horribly) wrong!"

So I'm happily Amuriting along. Basic techs, everyone's at the sword/archer/horsemen level basically, religions all discovered and active. Ashen Veil was really taking off, and suddenly Blight happened. Did it ever. I'm mostly used to blight. Sure, my cities had food problems, and health problems. Went to adjust them, but these were MAJOR problems. What happened?

Zooming out to look at the map (remembering that you can see resources updating even without line of sight, as long as you've explored) I figured it out. All the food was gone. Every single land-based food resource. Gone. And I'd say between 25 and 33% of the tiles went desert. Okay, when the end of the world starts, it starts big!

Well right there, this was gonna be a hooped game. But eh, we're just testing magic, I have a water node and plenty of adepts around, I can deal with this. So I fix everything up, plant more farms than I like, spring everything, away we go. I know the AI's screwed, but whatever.

About 50 turns later, we start popping horsemen. Do we ever. Turn 451. Barbarian spawns Stephanos. Barbarian spawns Stephanos. Barbarian spawns Stephanos. 6 more times... all in the same general direction (though not right together). Turn 452, I get the Stephanos story-popup, and they spawn another one for good measure.

3 turns after that, Barbarian spawns Buboes. Just one? Shame. End turn. Get the Buboes popup. Barbarian spawns Buboes. Barbarian spawns Buboes. Barbarian spawns Buboes. 5 more...

3 turns later, Faeryl Viconia is dead. Hey, I never met her, it COULD be coincidence right? 2 turns after that, Garrim Gyr is done. That's not a coincidence. He was right in the direction of those popups...

So I'm pretty amused at this point, and know I'm not gonna be able to check much more. I pop open world builder. The barbarians have the entire northeast of the continent. About 15% of the world's land already. Every town manned by a Buboes or a Stephanos. Oh, and Acheron in one.

It probably would have stopped there. They were all so busy guarding their towns, they couldn't take more. But i knew there were 2 (20) more Horsemen to come, and I quit the game laughing.

As a totally unrelated afterthought - BTS-style inflation is insane now. Inflation was always stronger in FfH than vanilla, but I was up to 115% in turn 450 (epic speed -- I was the tech leader, and just broke into macemen).

Iron gets revealed by Smelting, you can mine it but you get no Iron weapons promotions until you get Iron Working. Mithril is revealed by Metal Casting and can be mined but is not used before getting Mithril Working. I verified that in my last game.

I have neither Mithril Working nor a Weaponsmith. Still, all my axemen got the Mithril Weapon promotion a few turns before the savegame I attached. I got a second resource of mithril though by capturing the Dragon's Hoard, maybe that's got to do with it.

Attachments

• Teg AD-0317.CivBeyondSwordSave
    204.9 KB · Views: 41
Playing with Elves I get following python exeption from time to time (all after I founden Fellowship of the leaves).

I guess it has something to do with ancient forest spawning.

I have applied Ploepenpengels (sorry for spelling?) remove tar road patch - hope it has nothing to do with it. (The tar roads are still there by the way.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 66
  • AutoSave_AD-0128.CivBeyondSwordSave
    101.3 KB · Views: 56
Playing Patch 'K' as the Khazad I have had the following issues:
1) Warriors and Axeman can see spiders; 2) Ingenuity not working as the costs to upgrade are very high $367 for axemen to macemen; 3) adept can't cast Courage

Top Bottom