1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jul 20, 2007.

1. arcaner

arcaner Chieftain

Ploeperpengel: you rock. I wish I knew XML/Python/C++/Blender to be able to help out on that level.

2. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "l" is linked in the first post. The full list of fixes is there and it includes Ploep's fixed city art.

3. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

Updated CityLsystem references for buildings included in this zip. Spells and placeholder barracks stay unmodified.
    Kael you need to remove all artdefines for buildingart you definitly don't want to use before I will start adjusting buildingscales. Firaxis did modify almost all building- and interfacescales and as there's no formula to transfer old scale to new scale this will have to be adjusted manually for each building. So let's first get rid of unnecessary artdefs(respectivly reassign artdefs first in case you want to use bts buildingart).

Edit: another question is if firaxis's buildingscales are desired for all cases where vanilla buildingart is used. Example grove/stonehenge should groves be equally sized to the stonehengewonder or be smaller? Aargh doesn't matter that much concentrate on the more important stuff first and I'll try to find a solution for this mess(will just take a little more time though);)

@Frozen Vomit
    No I didn't fix the tar roads.

Attached Files:

4. arcaner

arcaner Chieftain

somehow all versions of hunters, including lizard men, got the acrobat graphics.

Attached Files:

5. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

Still no CtD, but a request: Could you please add some of HoF features, especially messages about city going unhappy next turn?

6. eekhoorn

eekhoorn Chieftain

Okay, finished a pretty long game.
    Most python errors still came from the barb heroes: all errors popped up several times during several turns, but stopped after a while. No idea if the heroes actually spawned.
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Several other bugs:
    • when in 'relations' screen at the foreign advisor, clicking a leader opens a civipedia entry on a spell
    • evil civs can build altar? not sure if this is intended
    • is it intended that conjures no longer receive free promotion on creation?
    • i can't attack with hidden nat units? at least, i can't attack someone i'm friendly with (and have open borders with)
    • basium didn't immediate declare war on AV players. I think basiums list of known civs overwrites his creators, because later on i got a fresh 'how nice to meet you blabla' screen while i had know his creator for a long time
    • when i researched the tech required for crusade, i got a popup explaining it and asking if i wanted to switch (playing as calabim that's hardly apropriate :p)
    • some things mentioned before: all hunters have acrobat graphs, religions still have wrong icons, armageddon counter always on top
    Strength 5 and strength 2? The 2 dissappeared shortly after though.:
    Spoiler :

Oh, and I got myself some vassals! (first auric, then also hyborem and tebryn) I couldn't demand resources though:
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

But those are mostly small bugs; the game is pretty playable!
    Most important bug imo: you can build the 'magic' national wonders without having acces to the mana reqs: this way tower victory is pretty easy

7. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

A patch k game would not load under patch l, CTD. I didn't see anything about broken saves.

Lizardmen now have a man unit graphic. Under patch k they were fine.

8. arcaner

arcaner Chieftain

caveat to all hunters looking like acrobats. It only occurs when the clowns are in the game.

Also it seems that everything gets +50% vs animals.

9. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I think you right, Baleraphs are in my game.

Also, while researching Fishing I noticed I could build roads. Next time Exploration was not an available choice. :confused:

10. Silaor

Silaor Chieftain

No Balseraph in my game but still Acrobat-looking hunters and Lizardmen.

Also, The Nexus gives each town a free Mine of Ghad-Dur (sp?) ... What to do with 30 irons resources :p
    Grand Menagerie gave free tower of Alteration, don't know if it's still the case.
    Grigori heroes can't take Heroic Strength/Defense.
    I had a game with Arendell Phaedra (wanted to test Ancient forests) but I couldnt convert :( I then proceeded to get a religious victory, just to show'em :)
    When I discovered the tech unlocking Crusade I got a pop-up asking me if I wante'd to switch, even if I wasn't Bannor.

@Eekhoorn : yeah, Altar of the Luonnotar is a good-neutral only building.

11. Vorgen

Vorgen Chieftain

So is this game running faster on Beyond the Sword? Oh gods I hope so.

12. Grunthex

Grunthex Prince

I had hunting just appear as a researched tech on me at one point -- got the tech popup in mid-turn, though I wasn't researching it, and didn't steal it. I suspect an AI GIFTED it to me, though nothing could prove that.

Maybe that's how you got exploration?

13. Ghost Ranger

Ghost Ranger Prince

TXT_KEY_TECH_SEAFARING_QUOTE
    [Filler="so the above is in all caps"]Need I say more?[/Filler]

14. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

When you hoover over the archer build icon it says they are strenght 3 - but in fact they are 3/5 ?? At least my lanun archer is...

In the city screen mana is not displayed (correctly).

Attached Files:

15. wolfman1234

wolfman1234 King

Patch "L"
    Building Stigmata of the unborn rise Armaggedon count by 7, not 5 as said in the help text.

16. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

I'm not sure if pearls work right.

I seems that you don't need a work boat any longer to harvest them (at least I can't build with a work boat on the tile) - but the ressource is not displayed in the city screen and doesn't affect happiness.

Attached Files:

17. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

Major Bug: Deforestation on next turn.

Attached Files:

18. Grunthex

Grunthex Prince

So I couldn't crash or get any python errors last night, so in a fit of boredom, went on a massive sorcery spelltesting spree. In no particular order (except the way my notes were scribbled), here's some observations. I know not everything is implemented yet - some might be easy fixes, otherwise they'll serve as my notes for things to test in future, when you do start worrying about nit-picky stuff.

Spell oddities:

Fair Winds: Can be cast on a stack without boats, if there is a Great Person (at least a Great Bard) in the stack. Bard gets the promotion.

Sanctify: Didn't seem to be reducing the ArmCount, but did at the end of the turn. Any chance for immediate gratification?

Courage/Haste: Cast on stack with mage, archer, warrior, Great Bard, trojan horse. Only great bard and the horse get the applicable promotions. Suspect the game is casting it on NON-living instead of living. (Course, why is Great Bard non-living?)

Defile: Casts, but does nothing (no fallout).

Summon Skeleton: (suspect this applies to all summons) - cast with Combat 5, gives Empower 5 promotion. Promotion only gives 10% strength (seem to recall Empower 1 and Empower 2 also being 10%).

Destroy Undead - Affects all undead in neighbouring tiles instead of one square? Maybe intentional, just not how I recall it. Amusingly (and i suspect rightly, if it remains AoE), a lich damages himself with this spell.

Poisoned Blade/Flaming Arrows - Both work on summoned skeletons.

Enervation/Wither/Charm Person/Rust - targetted enemy spells, just can't cast at all (not lit up).

Trust - casts, greys out, has no visible effect (no diplomacy modifiers). Stays greyed out in future.

Whirlwind - will push units out of cities.

Unyielding Order - uncastable.

19. Silaor

Silaor Chieftain

I just remembered I tried to make Genesis again and got a python exception, but I forgot to take a screenshot. Something about a variable being used before being initiliazed, I think it was iPlayer.

20. Lance of Llanwy

Lance of Llanwy King

For your skellie thing...did you mouse-over the combat odds? It seems the graphics of previous Combat promotions go away, but the battle-odds calc still uses the full-boost regardless, unless it is lying to me. If it isn't, it does save space...