FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

No, started this game with patch p. All crashes occured with several savegames (mostly autosaves) of the game the attached file from post #439 also is part of.

Are you sure its p? The real patch p worked fine for me, but using the version of patch o that the patch p link originally linked to caused a crash (which is odd since it had worked fine under patch o before that. I had forgotten to turn on python debugging to know what caused the crash)

I skipped patch o and loaded and executed the file "FfH2024p.exe".

Can nobody else report mass-spawning resources? Now almost all mines in the game I refered to earlier spawned resources (mostly copper and gems).

At the beginning there was just 3 x gold in the desert and 1 x copper. All other mineable resources spawned later.

Attachments

• oO.JPG
    oO.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 168
Had a "try to break the game" play-around today. Came across the following issues which don't appear on the first page. I'm sure some of these are "features" rather than bugs, but I may as well try to be complete :)

* The "Great Commander" promotion icon appears as a purple square in the hover-over tooltip thingie. Looks fine in the unit box though.
* The Horse archer appears to have been replaced with the Fyrdwell (playing Sheaim), as has the Nyxkin. The Fyrdwell unit has been replaced by the Nyxkin.
* While flames now spread through forests, they leave jungles untouched. Units without fire resistance are still able to walk through the flames unscathed.
* Ashen Veil and The Order can co-exist in cities.
* The War Machine no longer auto-razes enemy improvements. Ditto Yersinia.
* No mana nodes pop on the corpses of the Horsemen
* A summoned chaos marauder turned barbarian the instant it popped. Should the betrayal chance only kick in after the first turn it appears?
* Celestial Compass doesn't have any effect.
* Meteors and Fireballs are now affected by the Summoner trait.
* This one's only happened once: Rather than getting a single barbarian Chaos Marauder after a summon betrayed (before he'd've faded, given my summoner trait :( ), I got two.
*The "Hellfire" AC event currently does nothing.
* While I personally don't mind the change, is it intended that vampires can now only feast once per turn?
* Winning a combat doesn't prolong the lifespan of a Pit Beast (I presume the Host as well, but haven't checked).
* Non-node improvements can be built on mana bonuses.
* Sacrifice the Weak lacks its half-food benefit.
* Reaper mechanic missing (Angel of death)
* Wraiths no longer halve the experience of surviving victims.
* I can't remember if it did before, but it seems to me that Eater of Dreams' special ability ought to cause a bit of unhappiness when it's used in a city?
* Is it intended that casting Escape causes the unit to *run* back to the capital, rather than just teleport? Not overly worried about this one though.
* While not an issue in the normal course of things, the inability of Sanctify to clear Hell terrain placed through WorldBuilder will probably cause problems for scenario-builders farther down the line. Again, not overly worried about this one.
* Shouldn't the War Machine be "not alive"?
* Wrath Unleashed took *every* one of my units.
* No "You are destroying/saving the world" diplo effects.

Further observations on the health/happiness deterioration that we're having.

I pinpointed it happening to a specific turn in my current game. The only thing that had happened was the turn before I'd made my first resource trade with another civ. It was an overseas trade, but I don't think that's significant. I traded my water mana+5gpt for his incense.

It might be worth seeing if cancelling all trades clears up these games (it's not a solution, but might help identify the problem)

On another note from that game: While the alignment-switching from religion is in, alignment-blocking is not. Jonas Endain (eeeeevil) had the Order spread to him from one of my cities, and promptly adopted the Order and turned Good. And I was so looking forward to crusading over his lands.

Workers unable to build improvements over top of ancient towers

Sabathiel has the imperialistic trait, but this doesn't do anything in the game

The Grand Menagerie gives a free Tower of Alteration in every city. (at least the mouseover says this).

The only item that I've noticed while playing Patch 'O' is that the second axeman I saw (Playing on Monarch) had a strength of 8!. From that point on they were either a strength of 4 or 8. I have not played far enough to have seen a maceman.

Ok With Patch "p"...

Railroads can be bought at start of game with "advanced start" enabled.

Get prompted twice to change civics at start of game.

Units upgraded to Bronze weapons without forge.

Research percentage control, number skews, seems random, but started much later this game, around the time i discovered "Knowledge of Ether".

I've been playing 200 years as Hyborem but Hell Terrian does not spread out of my own lands. The Counter is at 60 and almost all AI civs are AV.

I also don't have line of sight to cities with AV (I guess this was introduced in general by BtS - but I'm not sure if it is wanted for the mod) (I have the stigmata building)

edit: savegame.

edit II: also the barbarians declared war on me because i had too many points - i'm not completly sure now but i think i read somewhere that they should'nt do this with hyborem.

Attachments

• betatest.CivBeyondSwordSave
    262.7 KB · Views: 47
in my current patch P game loki has 18/2 experance and no promotions offered.

No, started this game with patch p. All crashes occured with several savegames (mostly autosaves) of the game the attached file from post #439 also is part of.

I've also had this problem with autosaves loaded from a running game, but they load fine if you use em to start the game with.

I don't know if this is a bug but it was a little strange...

On yr117 both Acheron and Orthus apeared at the smae time in different Barb cities. Barbarians have a massive empire of 5 cities (other civs have 3 or 4 at most, I only have 2) and heaps of units (I took a screen shot of a stack which contained more then 10 units), more then any other player, 3 civs have already been destroyed by the barbarians. Map is Lakes, small, epic turns.

I don't mind, I kind of like the barbs being more competitive

Patch P:

I cannot seem to build disciple of leaves units anymore to spread the Fellowship of Leaves religion.

When I choose to build it, the following turn, the build item converts to a Priest of Leaves which will be subsequently produced.

I have tried buying all production to try to build a Disciple of Leaves in one turn but again, converts to a Priest of Leave.

Thus I now have no way of spreading the Fellowship of Leaves religion though strangely, I can build the Temple of Leaves building via the Priest of Leaves without the Fellowship of Leaves religion being at that particular city.

View attachment ffh2.CivBeyondSwordSave

I've also had this problem with autosaves loaded from a running game, but they load fine if you use em to start the game with.

This fits exactly to my observation.

I also had a btd recently as I clicked a link in the unit-index in civipedia.

Python exception.

Spoiler :

and maybe not a bug but i shouldn't always loose this battle with a hunter.

Spoiler :

If you dont have "new random seed" on you will always get the same results no matter how often you reload.

My point was I shouldn't loose the battle at all.

game stopping CTD beginning next turn 326

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0325.CivBeyondSwordSave
    650.2 KB · Views: 48
Actually you should exactly 1 in 125 times. I had a stack once prepared to take down orthus. I was going to weaken him with my crappy units first, and killed him with the first unit a used (odds against, 99.5%).

Python exception.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

did you turn on the option "Random Seed on Reload"? cause without it the same thing will happen every time

Top Bottom