1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Grunthex

Grunthex Prince

Just some general thoughts.

Do New Forests (generated by the Bloom spell) ever age and become regular forests? After roughly 100 turns in my current game, it didn't happen. And of course new forests can't become Ancient (which really messed up my elves -- I converted to Kilmorph and cut em all down!)

Do barbarian animals REspawn? I usually see some at the beginning of the game, a fair variety. Seen gorillas, tigers, lions, bears, spiders. But once they die, they never seem to reappear. Not sure if this is how it always was, but just seems empty out there.

I agree with the observation that the AC rises awful fast. Maybe it's just not scaled for gamesize/speeds yet, as I play most of my games on large/epic, but it seems it can't be controlled in any meaningful way.

We're getting better and better every patch though. Time to go try an Order game to see if their priests are working.

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

in my current Elohim game (trying to see if keeping a low AC is possible), I just founded the Cult of the Dragon by being the first to research Orders from Heaven. I had already founded the Runes (so that I could make my mostly evil neighbors turn neutral so I could turn them good latter on) and Arcturus had founded OO when I decided to cheat just to make sure no one could get to the order before me. Since the Order was already founded, the screen came up giving me a choice as to what to call my new religion, and I chose the Cult of the dragon instead of the Ashen Veil since it doesn't affect the AC. Since this is a direct result of my cheating, it isn't a real bug but it is rather interesting.

(I'm pretty sure that new forest do advance to normal forests, but the chance is very small.They can turn into ancient forests too, but only after a stage as normal forests.)

3. Grunthex

Grunthex Prince

All under patch "O" -- two bugs (related) to start

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Notice that both towns are fully hooked up to the capital, and should be getting health/happiness bonuses per the resources on the right, but are clearly not.

Next bug, no screenshot. Noticed a few times in game that the game would spontaneously increase my science rate. Was trying to run a nice balanced 70% science, near-0 economy, and would find it running 100% science, -50gpt.

For both of the above bugs, I'd never tried Balseraphs in the expansion, that MAY be related. Who knows. If needed, I can provide the save.

Oddities/Bad things:

Barbarians can get great commanders. And Golden Ages. I cried.

AI will build cities directly on top of mana nodes. Unlike any other resource, since mana has no generic power this destroys the node. Suggest making nodes impossible to found cities on if possible.

Hidden nationality doesn't work. At least not on captured animals. Can't enter another civ's territory without Open Borders, can't fight anyone even in my/neutral territory.

4. Ankhman

Ankhman Chieftain

My latest game under Patch 'O' I was unable to promote Kithra Kyriel to Flanking II.
    Also, Homeland promotion still present on units outside their cultural borders. I'm playing as Amelanchier.

5. hong

hong Chieftain

Unrelated to the beta, but how do you find out what the Armageddon counter value is?

6. Ankhman

Ankhman Chieftain

7. Kael

Kael Deity

Weird on those cities, I will need a save game to check it out.

A few people have mentioned that their science rate changes while they are playing, definitly bizarre. I will look into it, but I have no idea why that would be changing (as far as I know the science rate should never go up on its own).

Barbs and mana nodes are both intended.

Hidden Nationality from will be in the next patch.

@Ankhman: the promotion doesn't appear and dissapear anymore. Instead the promotions benifitis (the combat bonus) are only applied when the unit is within its borders.

@hong: do you mean "what it is?" as in what it does, or in what its value is. If you mean its function then the wiki is a great resource. If you want to know its value its on the main screen just above the leader scores.

8. hong

hong Chieftain

I meant how could you see what the value of the counter was. I thought this was something already in 0.23c, as opposed to the BtS beta.

I'm aware of the Civ4 wiki, and I agree, it's a great resource.

Thanks again for the excellent work you guys are doing on this mod!

9. Kael

Kael Deity

In 0.23c the armageddon counter is at the top of the screen in a stylized circle icon.

10. AndrewDJ

AndrewDJ Warlord

This is exactly the problem I've been having with the Malakim. Maybe it's something to do with trait switching?

Andrew

11. Kael

Kael Deity

Thats a very interesting thought, I'll check it out.

12. krewki

krewki Chieftain

Some people here were complaining about promotions "dissapearing" from units or heroes. I searched forums and didn't find answer so I though I just drop my 2 cents. ;)
    Loosing promotion is couse of your palaces "feature". When you look at descriptions of palaces there are sometimes info what promotion would be lost. I don't think it's intensional so probably it should been fixed.

No CTDs for me so far on any version and if I encounter any new problem I will post it. Gosh, I can't wait when Hyborem will be fixed so I could make some "order" :mischief:

I am amazed what FFH-Team done so far :bowdown: and want to thank you for that :goodjob:

13. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

Flames don't spread, and once ignited (say by using WorldBuilder) never seem to go out. They also no longer prevent units without fire resistance from entering the plot.

14. Kael

Kael Deity

Oh, great catch. You are exactly right, I'll fix it in the next patch.

15. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

The Nexus gives free Mines of Gal-Dur in every city instead of Obsidian Gate.

To confirm posts above, playing as amurites my science was set to 90% and suddenly changed to 93% (strange value?).

Woodsman I promotion seems not to be doubled from vanilla as other promotions are.

16. MagisterCultuum

Is there some reason why Guerrilla and Woodsman III were not implemented?

Any idea what is causing the strange effects of "Roar"

17. Kael

Kael Deity

Im not really looking into implementing BtS features. Only in converting the vanilla FfH stuff to BtS (ocassionaly I pull something over like advanced starts, but thats not really my focus right now).

I very well might pull in more BtS stuff after the conversion.

Yeah, I removed all of the religion promotions. Instead there is an attribute on units which says what religion they are. I need to convert roar to use it.

18. MagisterCultuum

I was mostly asking about all the weird abilities a unit converted using roar gains, like the chance to intercept aircraft and the ability to bombard cities. I just used worldbuilder to get a screenshot of a unit converted by roar, and, as you can see, a lot seems wrong with it. It seems like the 0 in many of the units attributes was increased to 1 for no apparent reason. It doesn't seem like removing the religious promotion dependence of the spell would cause all of that.

I just noticed from the screen shot that it saved my custom name from my last (Elohim) game. Did it always do that? I thought it used to revert to your default name.

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "p" is linked in the first post. It makes the following changes:

1. The Armageddon Counter no longer displays all the time it doesn't show up on city screens, globeview, etc.
    2. Conjurers/Mages and such get their free promotion after upgrading.
    3. Modern roads are no longer displayed.
    4. Switched the or bonus requirements on buildings to and requirements (so towers require all the mana types to build).
    5. Increased the amount of tech icons displayed on the pick research bar from 20 to 30.
    6. Blocked rituals so they now have the correct requirements.
    7. AI Casters are more likely to choose spell enabling promotions.
    8. Fixed Basiums spawn so that he comes in as a team member (added an AddPlayerAdvanced function).
    9. Angel and Mane spawning added.
    10. Duin now spawns ravenous wereolves correctly.
    11. New Forests upgrade to Forests correctly.
    12. Correctly linked the art for new forests and ancient forests.
    13. Razing holy cities now reverses their arm count, instead of reapplying it.
    14. Hidden Nationality can now be applied through promotions.
    15. Palaces no longer remove promotions.
    16. Flames burn out.
    17. Flames spread to neighboring forested tiles.
    18. The nexus now correctly gifts Obsidon gates.
    19. FfH handicap values assigned (more barbs, less bonuses against barbs).
    20. Animals aren't considered in the numbers used to determine barb spawn rates (ie: more barbs).
    21. Water animals spawn.
    22. Fixed the Roar spell.

20. moonrunner

moonrunner Chieftain

patch P is labeled 2024o