FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Weird on those cities, I will need a save game to check it out.

Attaching the save to this post. Hope it helps.

AndrewDJ said:
This is exactly the problem I've been having with the Malakim. Maybe it's something to do with trait switching?

Andrew

Not in my game, I was the Keelyn version of Balseraph, not the crazy Perpentach version (wasn't sure if that was implemented yet)

moonrunner said:
patch P is labeled 2024o

Indeed, your link says patch P but is still pointing to O. For anyone wanting P, you can still get it by just typing in the URL manually and changing the O to a P.

Attachments

• BalseraphBug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    330.1 KB · Views: 54
Oops, sorry about the patch, the first link is fixed.

Just built a plantation on an incense resource. Plot also has a road. The resource is not showing up in any cities. Screen shot (incense is within fat cross) and save game attached.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0332.CivBeyondSwordSave
    244.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 116
Found out some interesting stuff...
First to address a concern earlier about Health and Happiness bonuses suddenly not being seen correctly by cities... I have gotten this myself, and its not over all cities, just some, others still see all the bonuses (or maybe the get all the others cities bonuses, I had one city with 7/7 and one city with 85/85 Health/Happy). Anyway, I found that one of the triggers for this is finishing research of the Astronomy Tech, but I suspect there are other techs that have a similar issue. Maybe Sailing ( the Enables Trade over x might be getting something mixed up)?
One other note, I have been just patching over as I go and haven't done a clean 23 + Patch since early on. I'll try to do a fresh install and see if that helps the issue.

Also a couple quick notes, the Commander icon when a unit has the details up on a mouse-over comes up a purple square, and the Enhancement Mana does not stack happiness, but says that it does.

Cheers!

@arcaner

If you haven't got Philosophy yet, then incense won't appear in your cities. i.e. access to incense requires Philosophy. Also AFAIK you won't get +1 happiness out of it unless you have an Ancient Temple. In case you already have Philosophy then it is a bug.

Possible bugs in .24p:

+3% research from mind mana doesn't appear on city screen or appear to be working

Playing as Dain, I see the grayed out icon for city hub on the city screen (Cardith is in the game too though)

One turn my science rate turned to 82%, I then turned it up to 100% by clicking the [+] to get it back to counting by 10%s.

On the foreign advisor screen left clicking the leader icon brings me to the unit actions civilopedia, each time i click a leader icon i get the next entry in the civilopedia in alphabetical order.

I got a crash to desktop but after reloading the autosave it doesn't occur again. Sorry not helpful there, I forgot to turn on python execptions when I first started.

A warrior healed from 1.50 to 3.00 health in one turn while in my territory (Is this the correct healing rate?, I have body mana from my palace)

Not sure if you are interested in AI bugs yet, but good leader switch to the Fend for Themselves civic in my game (Cardith and Varn).

:goodjob:

Found out some interesting stuff...
First to address a concern earlier about Health and Happiness bonuses suddenly not being seen correctly by cities... I have gotten this myself, and its not over all cities, just some, others still see all the bonuses (or maybe the get all the others cities bonuses, I had one city with 7/7 and one city with 85/85 Health/Happy). Anyway, I found that one of the triggers for this is finishing research of the Astronomy Tech, but I suspect there are other techs that have a similar issue. Maybe Sailing ( the Enables Trade over x might be getting something mixed up)?

Cheers!

Wanted to confirm that the 'one city getting everyone's happiness' was present in the bugged game I screenshotted (and posted for Kael). I had one city with 35 happiness. I am almost positive I did not have Astronomy in that game, though probably had sailing.

Hi,

captured elephants (in my case with declared nationality) refuse to attack enemy units. Seems to be a relict of theire wildlife behavior. Other captured animals (e.g. lions) attack normal.

with patch p installed and a big smile in the face

kklake

p.s.:the support of this mod is awesome :goodjob:

p.s.:the support of this mod is awesome :goodjob:

well the biggest support results from all the fans and bughunters :)

but you can support us by telling your friends about it :)

This may not be a bug but looks mighty strange to me, having a railroad so early in the game. BTW How do you get a railway anyhow???

I just started a new game with "patch p".

I enabled "Advanced Start" for 1050.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 156
Got one about the hidden nationality:
Playing Patch p I've caught a Tiger and wanted to attack a Scout from the Elohim without declaring war. When I moved the tiger to the same plot as the scout I was asked if to declare war as usual. I chose not to, ant my tiger just went to the same tile as the enemy scout. It is too tame :)

The elephants behavior was correct. They are meant to be unable to attack (although in pre-BtS FfH, HN allowed units to attack multiple times even if they shouldn't have been able to attack one so long as you were at peace with your victims)

You can't build railroads in FfH, but they can still be placed through world builder or advanced starts.

Wanted to confirm that the 'one city getting everyone's happiness' was present in the bugged game I screenshotted (and posted for Kael). I had one city with 35 happiness. I am almost positive I did not have Astronomy in that game, though probably had sailing.

I can confirm the odd state for both happiness and health in cities. I haven't got Sailing yet. I am still researching fishing (I didn't need it so far).

Almost all my cities except one get no health from bonuses. All the health they get is from forests, fresh water, buildings, and difficulty level. They do get happiness from bonuses but not the correct number of points. One city got a large number of happiness points, another gets a large number of health points. Quite weired, and game breaking as currently my cities are simply dying.

Edit: I forgot to say that all the resources I have access to are listed in cities' screens correctly along with any extra points provided by buildings (i.e. Cows +2 health when smokehouse is present).

Also, once again I exploited Acheron's city to get access to mithril very early in the game. After capturing the city I used my axes (now str 8 and promoted) to wipe the Sidar.

This may not be a bug but looks mighty strange to me, having a railroad so early in the game. BTW How do you get a railway anyhow???

I just started a new game with "patch p".

I enabled "Advanced Start" for 1050.
Are you sure they're railroads? They might just be roads with the new BtS graphics for the modern era.

Update on the odd bonuses issue. I just had it happen to me at a random time. No tech finished, no buildings finished, no mana nodes completed. Just pop, I had unhealth in my city because I am now only seeing half my Health bonuses.

And in a somewhat related issue, Even if I have Iron mined and attached, Iron isn't a recognized resource unless I build Mines of Gal.

I just did a fresh install, from the original 2024 installer and patch P, so this should be pretty clean...

Here is the save, One turn before it happens.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0236.CivBeyondSwordSave
    198.7 KB · Views: 44
Attaching the iron works in my game, however I may not be up to date on the rules but is not the forge required to give metal upgrades to units? They upgrade without any forge in my game.

got python exception upon building adept in city with cave of ancestors:
in cvModEvents on unitBuilt, 'manatypes' is not defined
Also no (or only one bonus experience added, should have been 5).

on the budget screen the inflation cost mouseover is incorrect it adds gold for inflation instead of subtracting.

The score graph in info screen only shows my own score (in BTS they changed it so you need espionage points to see others scores)

Regarding the luxury/bonus bug, it seems to work correctly until cities are connected via traderoutes, has anyone else seen this?

The elephants behavior was correct. They are meant to be unable to attack (although in pre-BtS FfH, HN allowed units to attack multiple times even if they shouldn't have been able to attack one so long as you were at peace with your victims)

Ups,

seems correct that elephants are not intended to attack, even when they are subdued (the wiki-entry says so too). My apologies.

p.s.: The -25% attack-malus against cities is quite misleading than.

The game seems to be quite instable atm. I had several ctd with win error messages (never had one before patch p). They occured mostly during loading a savegame and were not reproducible.

Were bonus spawning rates changed too (besides barb spawning rates)? In my latest game copper spawned 3 times and gems spawned 2 times in a medium sized empire within 384 turns and only 10 mines!!! (savegame attached; includes the chaotic health bonus distribution between cities - mentioned by others before)

kklake

p.s.: lol, on turn 386 gold spawned 1 time and on turn 425 copper spawned once more.

Attachments

• Capria AD-0384.CivBeyondSwordSave
    239.9 KB · Views: 43
The game seems to be quite instable atm. I had several ctd with win error messages (never had one before patch p). They occured mostly during loading a savegame and were not reproducible.

Were the savegames from prior patches? 'Cause all the patches for .24 break saves.

Top Bottom