FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Hey Kael :) i had a shot at the new beta (with patch v) as Grigori and then Ljosalfar and found these things that looked wrong :

none of the palaces fit in with the city 'grid' and so coverup all the buildings in the middle of the city.

The Civics in the civic screen dont scroll, they just run off the edge of their pannel.

The Religeions screen is very cramped ( religions overlap each other)

The Hero promotion dosnt seem to work because heroes dont gain EXP

Spell casters dont gain EXP

'Free promotion' promotion dosnt work

The Adaptive trait dosnt work

Alignements dont seem to have any effect

Fellowshp of the leavs cant build Song of autumn with a great prophet ( oh never mind, you need a great Bard for that :crazyeye: )

Apprenticship is still present (didnt you get rid of that ?) it dosnt show on the civics screen but when the tech is researched i have the option of changing to Apprenticeship

the Grand menagerie gives every city a tower of Alteration \

Adepts can get promoted to every shpere of magic without the node present.

Religion icons are still vanilla

Plus a whole lot of units and buildings are missing (but i assume you havent gotten to that part yet)

i hope some of that helps :) ill have another game tomorrow

EDIT: i just had a read throug the fix list and it seems that you've already addressed alot of these issues :confused: patch 'v' is the latest right?

Hey Kael :) i had a shot at the new beta (with patch v) as Grigori and then Ljosalfar and found these things that looked wrong :

none of the palaces fit in with the city 'grid' and so coverup all the buildings in the middle of the city.

The Civics in the civic screen dont scroll, they just run off the edge of their pannel.

The Religeions screen is very cramped ( religions overlap each other)

The Hero promotion dosnt seem to work because heroes dont gain EXP

Spell casters dont gain EXP

'Free promotion' promotion dosnt work

The Adaptive trait dosnt work

Alignements dont seem to have any effect

Fellowshp of the leavs cant build Song of autumn with a great prophet ( oh never mind, you need a great Bard for that :crazyeye: )

Apprenticship is still present (didnt you get rid of that ?) it dosnt show on the civics screen but when the tech is researched i have the option of changing to Apprenticeship

the Grand menagerie gives every city a tower of Alteration \

Adepts can get promoted to every shpere of magic without the node present.

Religion icons are still vanilla

Plus a whole lot of units and buildings are missing (but i assume you havent gotten to that part yet)

i hope some of that helps :) ill have another game tomorrow

EDIT: i just had a read throug the fix list and it seems that you've already addressed alot of these issues :confused: patch 'v' is the latest right?

This sounds as if you copied the patch to the wrong location. This all works with patch "v" for me.

played more multiplayer games and got no idea now as to what might cause these OOS.. had it go OOS with no AIs and no options checked except raging barbs on turn 1 and 2 in different games.

I have no idea what's going on here, obviously, but try playing without barbs. In debugging an OOS for Smarter ORcs I recently found that it was caused by AI controlled units; turning off AIs and barbs got rid of the oos.

CTD apparently caused by making peace with einion logos with gift of city kita no daikudo

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1165.CivBeyondSwordSave
    863 KB · Views: 53
Did you "Gift" the city or "liberate" it? Liberating cities always caused CTD in this Beta. (I think it ill be fixed when colonization is added)

Ok, but did it say (liberate) next to the city? It doesn't matter whether you are on the giving or receiving side of a city liberation or if the deal is made in conjunction with a peace treaty, it still crashes the game. Kael said it will be rewritten in the next version (presumably patch w, although it isn't listed among that patch's many fixes)

By the way, Kael, when will patch w be out? It doesn't say (unreleased) like works in progress usually do, but the link is still to patch v.

So a couple of issues:
1. I don't seem to have a city interface.
2. Ancient towers (sentry towers?) don't give sentry II

but i've having a fun game nonetheless. btw i'm using advanced start, if that matters.

Ok, but did it say (liberate) next to the city? It doesn't matter whether you are on the giving or receiving side of a city liberation or if the deal is made in conjunction with a peace treaty, it still crashes the game. Kael said it will be rewritten in the next version (presumably patch w, although it isn't listed among that patch's many fixes)

By the way, Kael, when will patch w be out? It doesn't say (unreleased) like works in progress usually do, but the link is still to patch v.

Sorry, I will mark it as unreleased. I will release it as soon as Firaxis releases v13 (I have already converted to v13 but the patch won't work for you if you dont have the patch).

@Loki: towers dont give the sentry promotion anymore, instead they just modify the units sight range directly. The city interface is weird though, that definitly should be happening.

@Loki: towers dont give the sentry promotion anymore, instead they just modify the units sight range directly. The city interface is weird though, that definitly should be happening.

Yeah this is weird. I mean i can play with it, but the build queue and all of the information isn't there. Also, ancient towers are not giving my guys any more sight.
Perhaps the two are connected?

Yeah this is weird. I mean i can play with it, but the build queue and all of the information isn't there. Also, ancient towers are not giving my guys any more sight.
Perhaps the two are connected?

Test out a tower with worldbuild and see if its working or not. The best way is to put a unit in a grassland without any hills, mountains or forests arounf him. Just clear flat land, and see how far he can see. Then try the same on a space with a tower.

I dont know about the city menu. Check the following:

1. What operating system are you running?
2. Where do you have FfH installed?
3. What BtS patch do you have installed?
4. Do you have hide python exceptions disabled?

Some interesting screen shots with Patch "V"...

002 - Anyone need a tower?

008 - I find it strange the you can have an oasis on ice or a "flood plains" on ice.... (only image of oasis, but I did see the flood plains as well)

009 - How do you build a pasture on a grassland without a resource?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 113
Re: Giddion's last screenshot. Is it possible Os-Gabella had horses pastured there, and you didn't have the tech to see them yet?

I like the ice oasis if it's intentional. Looks cool. :)

Are Great General/Commander points going to be implememted? You can see the count of points on the Military Advisor screen (F4) but don't generate the Commander when you hit the limit, it just keeps going (on my current game 67/50). If they're not going to be implemented makes sense to take it off the F4 screen.

I dont know about the city menu. Check the following:

1. What operating system are you running?
2. Where do you have FfH installed?
3. What BtS patch do you have installed?
4. Do you have hide python exceptions disabled?

1. Windows 2000
2. C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
3. BtS 3.3
4. Okay I enabled python exceptions: and got this message when i tried to zoom into a city:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvScreenInterface", line 709, in forceScreenRedraw​
File "CvMainInterface", line 719, in redraw​
File "CvMainInterfave", line 1390, in updateSelectionButtons​
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception.

In Diplomacy screen "Relations" clicking on leader goes to civpedia, incorrect civpedia screen. it should show the current diplomatic relations.

Loki is unkillable... I looked him up on civpedia and I should be able to kill him when he is surrounded, but he just relocates automatically 4 squares away even though there is no way for him to retreat. It is like he runs through my units and gets an extra couple of moves.

Top Bottom