1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jul 20, 2007.

1. AljayBoy

AljayBoy Warlord

Oh, another thing, most civs, including the player, seem to be on a "Peace Treaty (cannot attack for the next ten turns)". I noticed this because the info at the top of the screen it will regularly pop up saying the deal has now been cancelled. Very strange when I'm sure there has been no wars between the AI civs and I would have noticed if I was at war with someone.

2. Chip56

Chip56 King

Thats a bts thing:
    Everytime you pay tribut you get a 10turn peace treaty.
    I'm not sure if this apllies for all trades.

3. Lance of Llanwy

Lance of Llanwy King

It applies to giving another civ help or tribute...

4. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

There seems to be a problem with Hyborems immortaly. I killed him sometime already in this game but he seems to have the promotion right after he respawns in the kapital (should be beginning of next turn?).

I always thought that you had to kill him only twice...

Attached Files:

5. marsupilami

marsupilami Chieftain

A minor issue I forgot to mention in my last post (was playing with V024u)

Hyborem's starting units aren't demons

I believe this has already been posted, but for making sure:
    Hidden units cannot be attacked without declaring war first. Especially, animals cannot be attacked if not being at war with the barbarians. I tried to create wolf riders with my CoE goblins but from the above reason I could not attack the wolves.
    After declaring war on the barbarians and destroying the wolves, however, my goblins were not upgraded to wolf riders (feature not yet implemented?)

There is a balance issue I was thinking about: Two of the armageddon events halve the number of units globally. IMO non-living units (i.e. demons, undead, golems) should be immune to these effects. It makes little sense that quasi-dead units should suffer from mass extinction, some of them being the source of it anyhow (especially Hyborem's army). If I remember well this also happened in V023, so the same remark applies there. Or how do you interprete this issue?

6. AljayBoy

AljayBoy Warlord

Ahh right thanks.

7. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I think there is a problem with HN. Larry, Moe and Curly have been chasing around this bloodpet but they won't attack him. They will share the same tile with him though.

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I was under the impression that HN through promotions just hadn't been implemented yet (but that the promotion does now let you move through rival territory, so its not completely useless), so the HN problems aren't buggs, there just things that haven't yet been implemented.

As for immortal, I don't think it is fully implemented either. So far, units with the immortal promotion never lose it, so are truly unbeatable. Immortals in the vanilla version don't regain immortality until the next turn, whereas Hyborem is never supposed to regain it. I assume this will be implemented in the BtS version eventually, or else playing as the Infernals it will be impossible to lose (at least if you only allow a conquest victory). That might actually be rather interesting (I know I would rush for Infernal pact more often), but really unbalanced (unless maybe Basium is given Immortal also).

9. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Well that makes sense then. I skimmed the first post but didn't see anything. :blush: Oh well. At least I haven't had any CTDs or python exceptions.

10. R0GERSHRUBBER

R0GERSHRUBBER Shrubber

Should the Oasis block line of site?
    Has invisibility been implemented? I can see a spider, and I don't have any Scouts/etc. (Can provide save if not reproducible.)
    The Forge is not required for Bronze Weapons (this has been noted elsewhere).
    Charm Person is not castable for me (Dain the Caswallan, Adept. Can provide save if not reproducible.)
    Rust is not castable.
    Macemen are buildable without Training Yards (Dain the Caswallan)
    Svartalfar and Sidar are the same color.
    Workers cannot build improvements on a tile with a Tower. If there is a forest, they can cut down the forest.
    Fireballs are staying behind at the end of the turn (and being killed by enemy units after I end my turn) like summoned creatures.

Also, I am a fan of the change to Dain (Philosophical and Arcane). Arcane just feels necessary for the Amurites.

11. Ankhman

Ankhman Chieftain

Yvain the Woodelf and my druids are gaining strength/hit points. Sometime during the next turn (338) the druids strength will increase by 2 pts and Yvain's will increse by 4, up to 29! At the beginning of the turn my druids were either 14 or 16 and at the end of the turn they were at 16 and 18. All my other units seem to be stable. I do not have access to Incense so I don't have any priests. I plan to keep playing the game to see if any other units might be doing the same thing.

Attached Files:

12. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

more multiplayer tests and OOS's

2 humans, team game, 8 teams of 2, unrestricted leaders, no barb trait or insane trait leaders, 1 human player with adaptive, One City Challenge
    out of sync on first great bard gotten around turn 35, OOS continued from there on out even if cleared by a relog

2 humans, 2 AIs, no teams, unrestricted leaders, advanced start, no leaders with barb, insane, or adaptive
    OOS on turn 13 with no apparent causes, we continued with the game even despite the OOS and the differences when we finally relogged was staggering, one of us had died in the others one while they still were fine in their own

most every game we played would OOS, the only one that didn't was when we played a real standard game with no teams, no barb/adaptive/insane traits, no unrestricted leaders, no advanced starts, no AIs.

also, when putting more than 1 of a civ in a game, theres an inordinate amount of the sidar/svartalfar effect, i.e. where multiple civs share the exact same colour and you can't discern where one civs borders start and the others ends, perhaps add a lot more colours and varied shades?

13. Augustiner

Augustiner Chieftain

1. wasn't able to biuld Gorilla Cage the other cages ware buildable.
    2. I connected Incense but it wasn't in the city and I don't get the Happiness bonus from the Pagan Temple

Attached Files:

14. moonrunner

moonrunner Chieftain

loki vary stupid has 38 xp and still lv 1

Spoiler :

15. Kael

Kael Deity

Thats great info, thanks Sureshot! Please let me know as you get more data. Really weird that the only difference between the one that didnt work and the one that did was unrestricted leaders. I will have to check that out, but as far as I can recall thats been unmodified by FfH.

16. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

Did you get a new nature mana source that turn?

Druids have nature mana affinity, they get stronger with each new source.

17. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

actually the difference between working and not working that im certain of is no ai's, no unrestricted, and no advanced starts :p

gonna try some games later trying each of those three alone.

18. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Playing 2.024v.

Started a game on a huge map. Onto turn 200ish with no stability issues at all. Only problem I've found is in the F4 diplomacy screen, when you click on a leaders head it goes into civilopedia onto a spell (should give you everyone's opinion of that leader).

Faeryl was going into Call Holy War so maybe there's some hidden agenda going on. Alexis was Burning Blood.

19. Ankhman

Ankhman Chieftain

As far as I remember I had no nature mana for the entire game.

20. Ankhman

Ankhman Chieftain

In my present game; Patch 'V', playing as Ethne the White with Fellowship of Leaves religion, my hunters have the option of upgrading to Priests of Leaves.