1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. giddion

giddion Crusader

Thanks, this was not clear

2. dcorrin

dcorrin Chieftain

I have a game with patch J which seems fine, then one turn the research goes to zero, and on the next my civs net money (actually a loss) goes to zero. I suspect my shields are also at zero for each city.

Save game attached...

View attachment Dan AD-0140.CivBeyondSwordSave

3. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

Illian world spell - look to your right you will see the number of turns left.

4. dcorrin

dcorrin Chieftain

Yep. Sorry. :blush: I had a few CtDs that I wanted to report, but didn't happen after a game re-start, so I thought I had something... Perhaps it was the red of my country that made the red writing less obvious, but likely just me being not observant.

5. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

Meh dont worry about it, you appear to be new to this version (well new enough). Many will pound you for this, but the mod can be VERY complex and intimidating to regular civ players. So :p to them :D!! Are you a frequent F8 to quick save and F5 to reload like me? If so then you may be having Memory Errors as there seems to be a carry over issue with basic civ. Other than that if it can be repeated then post a save game here.

6. BLubmuz

BLubmuz HoF Quattromaster

I'm playing with 041j and i've found this:

No way to start the Wages of Syn scenario.
    Tried to start it from the WB save, it works for 2 turns, then you got a CTD.

Luckily i'm replaying the scenarios after completing them over a year ago. I kept the config, so i just pasted the appropriate rows and i has access to the Lord of the Balors scenario.

I started as Capria on Emperor, made some tweaks on the map, then found too easy. Started back on Deity, less tweaks on the map. Finished after 220 turns.

The reason why i'm reporting this is that the AI never built a settler, with the exception of Basium. Their research was pitiful, their way to fight more. I've seen monster stacks of >40 axes which they moved in an unexplicable way around the threatened city instead of fortify in the city.

I could have easily gained over 10 turns if i avoided to destory those stacks just for fun and to help my heroes gain XP. Useless, i needed lots less units than i built.

I've found far more difficult before the supposed improvements to the AI. I've found more cities founded by them and by my "allies" and armies which were a challenge over a year ago.

7. orgonebox

orgonebox Squidtastic

This should be a bug (or at least it bugs me):

Kuriotates cannot use a great prophet to build a shrine in a captured city if the city is automatically a settlement.

Then there's the continued issue of workboats - how to get water resources if you can't get a workboat from one of your main cities.

8. HadesScorn

HadesScorn Warlord

Orgonebox- There are two ways around the Shrine.
    1. Save a Kurio City for the religion you wish to Shrine. After all, any city with a shrine gains tangible benefits from being able to build the associated money buildings to boost the religious income. You can always wait a few turns before you make the choice to Promote the settlement into a City if you are debating the strategic value.
    2. If you're really irritated by it, you can go into WB and turn one of your cities into a settlement, then go back into the game to promote the religious city.
    Think if no one ever lived in or went near Jerusalem, and the only thing it ever did was provide a few cows to the British Empire. Would *you* consider it to be the home to three religions, and worth donating money to?

Water resources
    1.If you aren't willing to make a water city, you'll need to trade with a friendly civ for their excess water resources. I try to make friends with the dominant power on another continent (especially if they are the Lanun IOT gain Pearls).
    2. Capture a town that has water resources in their fat cross and protect the resource from pillaging with an Airship or Cultist. Expensive, but worth it when you engage in total war.

9. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Or play a modmod - Orbis would likely take care of the settlement part (Though I'm not sure...), as it allows settlements to act as one-tier cities. RifE would take care of the workboats (Bugged me too, so this has been in for a while) in that researching Fishing and KotE allows you to build the Wyrmfisher unit. One at a time only. Basically, a flying fishing boat... Can NOT explore new territory, but is not sacrificed when it builds fishing improvements either. Can be built at inland cities and flown over to a settlement. ;)

10. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

Shameless plug :p I have a work around in my little mod mod see my sig :). It allows airships to build work boats for a price. Its modular so you will not have to download a whole new mega mod mod =)

11. Explorer

Explorer Chieftain

I'm playing a game where Einon Logos is my vassal and we're at war with Tebryn Arbandi. He became my vassal because he was getting his butt kicked in the war, and so he cast Sanctuary. I didn't notice that I was also unable to travel through Einon Logos' territory until I liberated one of his cities and my entire invasion force was completely frozen in his lands.

Shouldn't there be some sort of provision where an open borders agreement allows people into his lands, even with the Sanctuary World Spell? It kind of eliminates my incentive to liberate his cities when the majority of my army is stuck and unable to fight in the war because of him.

12. Larklight

Larklight Warlord

Recently re-downloaded the game, patched to the latest specification, but encountered several interface problems.

1) When I enter a city after the first time, I don't see any of the city interface (production buttons, etc.)
    2) The unit controls are erratic, often not appearing.

Combined, these make it quite hard to play!

I tried a few differenent game types (different map types, difficulty levels, OCC on/off, different sides, to no avail.

13. Emptiness

Emptiness []

14. Kawasemi

Kawasemi Chieftain

Hi,

I'm playing with patch 0.41j and my game gets "stuck" after going to the "next turn".
    Maybe AI get into infinite loop or something, but this is now the second game in a row where this occurs in a middle game. Common things for these games has been

a) size of map large
    b) Single player game with 15 random AI's
    c) All Unique features
    d) Living world (Double event rate)

Attached is a save game, where you can reproduce the problem by clicking "next turn". (you may need to cast the unhappiness spell with loki)
    Normally it takes roughly 5-10 seconds to advanced to next turn, but on that game after 45 minutes its still "waiting" for something.

Attached Files:

15. SanderJK

SanderJK Chieftain

Edit: Nevermind, wrong subforum.

16. fish_sticks

fish_sticks Chieftain

17. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Try this save:

I was able to fix it by eliminating the hill giant outside of Dis.

Note to developers: The probelm may here be that hte hill giant is inside the Dis cultural border - maybe Dis expanded and the hill giant was within the city limits. It may be getting into an infinite loop trying to move once inside the border.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attached Files:

18. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

Hi all!

i just got this wierd problem, that, everytime i start FfH2 i get a CtD when the starting movie should start playing ...
    other mods, like LoR run fine, just FfH2 (and Modmods) give me this CtD.

I have all recent updates like patch J ... ran smooth yesterday.

i installed the new Nvidia Drivers (195.62) but switched back to some 180.xx number, which i had yesterday, in order to check whether it was due to the new drivers i installed, but it wasnt the cause of the CtD :(

could anyone point me in the right direction for research on this problem?

my system is : Intel Core2Duo 8400, 3 GB Ram, Nvidia7800GTX, Win XP SP3 ...

nothing really changed except the gfx-drivers and now i am stuck with this ...

thx in advance

EDIT: Ok, i dowloaded the RadGameTools to see if the video does play on my machine, and it does, like expected but not, when launched by Civ ?!

19. Emptiness

Emptiness []

20. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

thanks, i am reinstalling right now ... see if that helps ... otherwise, i´m going to reply to the new thread!!