FfH2 Bug Thread

Well, it seems that patch m base FFH2 LeaderHeadInfo entries actually have *more* lines than the corresponding LHI entry (ie. same Leader) in the latest version of WildMana. So I don't think it's just that certain base leader FFH2 LHI entries need to have tags added so that it is equivalent to the WildMana LHIs for the corresponding Leader - I think there are some fundamental differences between the two data sets. So it's not just copying and pasting :crazyeye: (probably could have realised that before, couldn't I? :)).

What are the current reported issues caused by unmerged tags from WildMana? Is it just the religion switching, or are there more? (In other words, what sort of things need to be changed from Kael's current patch m codebase?)

Best regards,
Steven.

Without actually looking at the code, I'm pretty sure the issue is more that FfH lists all default entries; Wild Mana does not. I would just continue to merge the Wild Mana tags.

Playing orks, the second unit build in a city with warrens does not receive the free promotion from the shrine. I guess this is not intended?

Ack, I just won the last game I played with the Clan thanks to For the Horde netting me some Disciples of Acheron.

Will this latest patch fix the Avatar of Wrath preventing the turn from ending?

Ack, I just won the last game I played with the Clan thanks to For the Horde netting me some Disciples of Acheron.
Patch M should prevent that. If you are using patch L then apply patch M.

Will this latest patch fix the Avatar of Wrath preventing the turn from ending?
No; I don't believe that the exact cause has been identified. It doesn't happen every time, so you may be able to side-step the problem by saving the game several turns before he appears, and then replaying those last turns until a WoC error does not occur.

@Breunor, esvath,

I patched to 'm' so can't confirm your comments on the mentioned campaign (unless I do another reinstall), but you are most certainly correct as I have experienced the same 'issue' on a new campaign. It is the word spell, but I'm not seeing a countdown anywhere on my screen. I'll make sure to stop ignoring the messages!

Thanks, again. This mod is unreal.

The countdown for the Illian and Amurite worldspells appears in the lower-right corner of the screen, above the scores display. You must have the scores display turned on to see the countdown. (The button to toggle the scores display is located above the mini-map in the lower-right of the screen.)

Using patch m, it seems the AI is still having trouble finding a place to settle their first city, see picture attached.

Attachments

• not_settling.jpg
    not_settling.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 139
It is turn 4 and you have contact with 6 other civs. I suspect that you may have chosen to include more civs in your game than there is land area to support (but that's your perogative). Anyway, patch M includes a feature that will cause those civs that don't have room to settle in their preferred location to move to another location to settle. It will take them a few turns to give up, and then they will begin moving elsewhere. Of course, with that level of civ density there is a good chance that some of them will be blocked in and unable to reach any valid city site. Playing with fewer civs or on a larger map is all that can be done to prevent that.

Starting from WildMana 7.20 and FFH2 Patch m, I have merged the files that are relevant to base FFH2 leaders from the directories:

FFH Wild Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\FFHPLUS\Civs

into:

Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Civilizations\Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

Leaders and Civs that were WildMana only were not included, and base FFH2 LeaderHeadInfos from Infernals and Mercurians were not changed, as they do not seem to have a counterpart in the above WildMana directory.

Hopefully this will fix some of the bugs that are currently experienced, but if the structure of the WildMana 7.20 vs. FFH2 patch m LeaderHeadInfos is different apart from default entries being listed in base FFH2 patch m and not in WildMana 7.20, then different changes may need to be made from the patch m Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml. But I'm confident with the assurance that Valkrionn gave me (in post #3201 of this thread). :king:

Check it out, and see what you think. I am very sure that all relevant LeaderHeadInfos that are in WildMana 7.20 have been merged onto (ie. pasted over) the corresponding entries in the base FFH2 patch m Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file, but if you find any errors, let me know. =)

Enjoy! =)

Best regards,
Steven.

Attachments

• WildMana 7-20 LeaderHeadInfos Merging.jpg
    WildMana 7-20 LeaderHeadInfos Merging.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 79
  • CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.7z
    17.1 KB · Views: 81
The Empower promotions do not replace lower levels of Empower. So, for example, a unit with Empower IV will generally also have Empower I-III. Each level of Empower gives +10%, so a unit with Empower IV will usually have a total of +40% from Empower promotions.

It is possible for a unit to have a higher level of Empower without having the lower levels of Empower. For example, a Mimic might attack a unit with Empower I-V and copy Empower IV. The Mimic will now have Empower IV, but not I-III or V. It will have a +10% combat bonus, not a +40% bonus.

Extremely minor text thing:

When an animal attacks a scout the power ratio displays correctly but there is no +50%vs animals line in red displayed. I assume this is because the scout bonus vs animals is the same as in BTS and since you can never normally control animals in BTS the developers neglected to add that line if an animal attacked a scout.

Blight just hit this game. I captured Braduk the Burning from the Clan, but this city has no impact from the blight in its health calculation. Note that other captured Clan cities like Hezickel are being impacted by the blight.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Blight.CivBeyondSwordSave
    365.4 KB · Views: 76
Yes, because each Empower promotion gives +10%. Empower V does not give +50%, it gives +10%. The other four Empower promotions the unit has each also give +10%, and so the unit with Empower I-V has a total (Empower) bonus of +50%.

I noticed

Code:
if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_HALL_OF_MIRRORS')) > 0:
	if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Hall of Mirrors") <= 100:

Which would seem to imply Hall of Mirrors always duplicates something.

Top Bottom