FfH2 Bug Thread

The AI is trading mana nodes to me for no cost.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411.8 KB · Views: 64
As requested, a save game is attached where Sheelba moves her catapults into my territory and uses them to bombard defences on the same turn. The catapults should end their move in my territory and be unable to bombard.

This is the third time I've seen this bug now.

Attachments

• Dave AD-0205.CivBeyondSwordSave
    207.4 KB · Views: 60
DaveGold - Sheelba gets the Raiders trait, right? Doesn't that give all her units the ability to use enemy roads? Or the AI might have given the cats a mobility promotion.

If that's not it then are you sure you're using the basic FfH? Some modmods change the way siege units work so that they can all use enemy roads. IIRC Orbis does that, as an example.

Hi everybody,

I have faced a bug with Spellforthehorder.
When I have pressed the spell button, it gave the following Python exeption:
File CvSpellInterface line 22, in cast
File "string", line 0, in ?
File CvSpellInterface, line 1271, in SpellForTheHorde

After pressing OK, I can finished all actions for the turn, but the game freeze after the last unit action.
I have tried it at different time during the game, with same error. I have enclosed a file also.

Good Luck.

Attachments

• gillou 0490 ap. J.C.CivBeyondSwordSave
    656.7 KB · Views: 67
As requested, a save game is attached where Sheelba moves her catapults into my territory and uses them to bombard defences on the same turn. The catapults should end their move in my territory and be unable to bombard.

This is the third time I've seen this bug now.

Ok, we do seem to have a bug here, but there seem to be some odd circumstances to trigger it according to my tests.

The bug seems to occur if an AI player declares war on a player, probably with open borders, and moves in on the same turn exactly one square.

Specifically, the catapult two spaces away cannot move and bombard (I'm not 100% sure of this);
If you load the game in the Worldbuilder as the Clan of Embers, and play as them, declare war, you cannot move and bombard;
If you as the Khazad declare war on them, and not move anyone, the Clan will move its catapult stack next tot he city, the catapults then cannot attack on the same turn.

For a short term fix, I would recommend simply DoWing them and just not cheat to take advantage of it. In that case, the CoE stack will move as they are supposed to.

Just in terms of sequencing,the bombardment is occurring late in the turn, something weird clearly is happening.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hi everybody,

I have faced a bug with Spellforthehorder.
When I have pressed the spell button, it gave the following Python exeption:
File CvSpellInterface line 22, in cast
File "string", line 0, in ?
File CvSpellInterface, line 1271, in SpellForTheHorde

After pressing OK, I can finished all actions for the turn, but the game freeze after the last unit action.
I have tried it at different time during the game, with same error. I have enclosed a file also.

Good Luck.

I can't load the file. Are you sure it is patch M?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Yes, it is patch m.

I am going to play another game with Clan, in order to check if it is reproducible with different games also.

Regards

Ok, with the same game I posted a few days ago (Eurabatres saved my horse butt back then), I'm getting another WoC just 30 turns later. With the World Builder, I've narrowed the problem down to the Bannor units in Kuldevind, when I delete all of them save for the last mage, it goes smoothly. When I add Demagogs and Champions back to the city after that, I get the WoC the turn afterwards.

Unfortunately I don't know how to delete individual units in World Builder, except for deleting everything on top of them, so I can't really check out which unit exactly does it. Strange thing, however, is that when I delete the whole stack, there seem to be only Champs and Demagogs, and one Mage, but in Unit Mode it shows three Mages in the city.

Attachments

• Cardith Lorda AD-0435.CivBeyondSwordSave
    534.3 KB · Views: 60
Ok, with the same game I posted a few days ago (Eurabatres saved my horse butt back then), I'm getting another WoC just 30 turns later. With the World Builder, I've narrowed the problem down to the Bannor units in Kuldevind, when I delete all of them save for the last mage, it goes smoothly. When I add Demagogs and Champions back to the city after that, I get the WoC the turn afterwards.

Unfortunately I don't know how to delete individual units in World Builder, except for deleting everything on top of them, so I can't really check out which unit exactly does it. Strange thing, however, is that when I delete the whole stack, there seem to be only Champs and Demagogs, and one Mage, but in Unit Mode it shows three Mages in the city.

The problem is the 'top' mage in Kuldevind, there are indeed 3. Same drill as last time - I deleted the top mage, the game now plays. So you can either put him back in or play the turn and I'll put him in for you.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Cardith Lorda AD-0435v2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    534.2 KB · Views: 54
I registered on purpose to report these issues - the mod is great! - but not sure if some are realted to already stated bugs:

1. Cannot promote Elohim mage to archmage (I tried level 7, 8 and now 9) and the option does not show up (I tried outside cultural border, inside cultural border, in a city, in the capital);

2. When my Elohim mage uses the rust spell sometimes it is stuck and I can never use it ever again during the game.

3. Os-gama created the Infernal Pact but because they only had one city - the capital - the Infernals were killed immediately, the horem or what's his name hero died and you cannot pick the gela item he leaves behind (it disappears when you try to).

Apologies if they have been reported but not updated on bug list - I did read it =)

After casting "For the Horde" I move one unit out of Aherons city and get a CtD.

[save in attachment]

The problem is the 'top' mage in Kuldevind, there are indeed 3. Same drill as last time - I deleted the top mage, the game now plays. So you can either put him back in or play the turn and I'll put him in for you.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Well first of all, thanks a lot for fixing again.

It appears that I'm cursed with WoC though. In turn 436 I got a WoC from a lone Sheaim worker outside Kuldevind, then in 439 another one from a stack of two Grigori Frigates close to the same city. The turn after that I get another WoC which I'm just too tired to fix.

All that seems to indicate that the deeper problem is somewhere beyond the units I keep deleting, maybe something with the continent or the way the cities are located. I think I'll just start over.

I registered on purpose to report these issues - the mod is great! - but not sure if some are realted to already stated bugs:

1. Cannot promote Elohim mage to archmage (I tried level 7, 8 and now 9) and the option does not show up (I tried outside cultural border, inside cultural border, in a city, in the capital);

2. When my Elohim mage uses the rust spell sometimes it is stuck and I can never use it ever again during the game.

3. Os-gama created the Infernal Pact but because they only had one city - the capital - the Infernals were killed immediately, the horem or what's his name hero died and you cannot pick the gela item he leaves behind (it disappears when you try to).

Apologies if they have been reported but not updated on bug list - I did read it =)

1. To become an archmage, along with having the proper level, you must have researched Strength of Will, must have reagents, must have enough money to pay for the upgrade, and must be in your territory connected to a mage guild. I suspect one of these has gone wrong. As a_civilian indicated, people often forget they need reagents.

2. Rust shouldn't be 'stuck'. It won't be castable if there are no enemy unrusted units within a square.

3. I don't think this is a bug. There are a lot of threads about picking up equipment, the designers had to make some compromises here. You may want to check out these threads.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I've found a bug where using a balseraph harlequin to taunt can cause some problems. You don't get the end turn prompt when all your units are ordered as something is still unresolved from taunt. It also becomes difficult to select units in the stacks or it gives unpredictable results, including first strikes firing off each time you try to select.

I've managed to work round it using world builder by guessing which unit is problematic and deleting it or giving it a new AI order type (such as attack_lemming). I'd recommend anyone with similar problems to do the same.

I registered on purpose to report these issues
What version of FfH2 are you playing?

Please post a saved game in which Rust is 'stuck'.

3. I don't think this is a bug. There are a lot of threads about picking up equipment, the designers had to make some compromises here. You may want to check out these threads.
I think something else must be going on here. Dunpeal said the Gela disappeared when it was picked up; normally, when one is unable to pick up an item there is simply no option to pick it up (such as when a leader at peace with the Barbarians wants to pick up equipment owned by the Barbarians). Also, the number of cities that Hyborem's summoner has should have no effect on the Infernals. Being summoned by a civ with only one city would not cause the Infernals to be immediately defeated - they don't take over a city from their summoning civ, and until they found a city they don't need a city to stay in play.

Dunpeal, it would be helpful if you could provide saved games from that situation: A) The turn before the Infernals were summoned, and B) The turn you tried to pick up the Gela, before you made the attempt.

Top Bottom