1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Now that you know about the problem, it is fairly simple to work around it. Simply found all your cities first, and then found settlements. Of course this is not as convenient as being able to choose which to found, and is not a true solution like having all cities start as settlements, but it will allow you to sidestep the problem without having to resort to a modmod.

2. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

I was just messing around in debug mode and noticed that the Three Stooges are being assigned the Animal AI. Probably not the best choice for them.

3. Steven Aus

Steven Aus Chieftain

Yes that's right, now you know about it, you can work out how to get around it. =)

Best regards,
    Steven.

4. ADHansa

ADHansa Chieftain

But aren't they spawned as the same unit class as barbarian hill giants? The sollution would be to copy unitclass_hill_giants to a unique unitclass with the attack city/collateral/counter AI, spawning the Three Stooges as that unitclass. Or else the barbarian ones will act strange.

5. kornuletz

kornuletz Chieftain

I am not being able to find it... link please?

This bug makes Kuriotates unplayable for me as my strategy requires to have 3 optimal cities with settlements in between if needed. I would prefer/need the modmod or a fix.

6. Steven Aus

Steven Aus Chieftain

7. deanej

deanej Chieftain

A unit's AI isn't determined by its unitclass. A UU can have a different AI than the base unit.

8. Emptiness

Emptiness []

I was just offering a strategy that would allow you to continue to play the Kuriotates. I appreciate the need for 3 optimal cities; filling in the space between them can take place after they have been founded.

Alternatively, you can found one or two cities in places where you would want settlements, and then once you have founded settlements in the spots where you want cities you can remove your defenders from the (one or) two suboptimal cities and allow them to be captured. The (one or) two settlements that you want to be cities can then be upgraded, and finally the (one or) two captured cities can be retaken or refounded as settlements.

Naturally, these suggestions are not as efficient as one would ideally like to be. If you are not willing to adjust your play style to adopt either of these suggestions then you still have the option of either trying to convince everyone you play with to use a modmod or of not playing the Kuriotates. Please don't interpret these suggestions as a claim on my part that this situation is not a problem. I certainly think that the bug needs to be fixed, as I said before. I only meant to offer a temporary workaround for the problem until a fix is made.

9. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

I think Dain's personality is very screwed up. I just played a game with him where he comverted to FoL early, and had it in 4/6 cities. I spread AV to one of those 4, and he instantly converted to AV. 10 turns later, he switched back to FoL. 10 turns after that back to AV. He kept going in and out of FoL/AV for most of the game...

Until Order spread into one of his cities. Now he started juggling Order/FoL every 10 turns. I was going to declare war since it was likely I wouldn't suffer diplomacy penalties from my allies from declaring on a Good guy of a different religion. When I checked the Glance screen though, I saw that he had a +4 relationship bonus with almost everybody... because "You own the Pagan Temple".

10. Steven Aus

Steven Aus Chieftain

An updated leader personalities file (Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml) is attached to this post - it seems to work pretty well in limiting religion switching, so that's probably your best bet until such a file is included in a new FFH2 patch. =) It goes in the "Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Civilizations" folder. Just in case, back up the Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml that is already there. :) (However it is a little more complicated if you are playing multiplayer games - all FFH2 mod files must be exactly the same on all computers to reduce Out-of-Sync errors - although even with exactly the same files you could still get OOS errors. Others would have more info about this. :))

Hope you have some more satisfying epic encounters with the AI in FFH2 patch m with the updated file! =)

Best regards,
    Steven.

11. meto30

meto30 Chieftain

Can I post a FF WoC save in this thread, for repairs? I posted my problem in the FF bug report thread but the entire FF forum seems to be dead, or (hopefully) temporarily comatose.

The version is FF 51c, I think. The main menu just says 51...

By the way, the WoC problem is occuring at AC60, and Buboes died the previous turn(that is, the turn the save is on). I'm playing as the Scions (mind you, I am aware that this is a FfF2 thread, not a FF thread, but the FF bug report seems dead). Both Hyborem and Basium are not yet on Erebus, and therefore neither is Meshabber of Dis, so all three of them are potential culprits.

If it is OK to do so, I'll post my save.

PS: If someone could teach me just what I need to do to solve the problem, or set me in the right direction, I would gladly handle the bug myself.

12. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

You're both partially right. UNITAI is initially determined by unitclass (whatever is set as default AI in the unit XML). However, you can change what AI a unit is currently using. This could probably be added to the function that creates The Stooges when the Pact is created.

13. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Default AI is a function of the unit, not unitclass. Unitclass is only a construct used to set national/world units and to enable UUs.

Note: To avoid confusion, I feed the need to mention that I mean the unitclass and unit XML entries, not type of unit vs. individual unit on the map.

14. DaveGold

DaveGold Chieftain

Computer opponents are moving catapults into my territory and bombarding defences with them in the same turn. I can't see any circumstance in which this would be valid as catapults aways have 1 movement, can never get movement promotions, and always expend that 1 movement entering enemy territory.

I've seen this happen twice and the second time I checked very carefully to see that there weren't mages (or giants etc) bombarding the defences.

15. Lopriest

Lopriest Chieftain

Does your opponent have Council Of Esus religion? If so they can sneak through your territory and use your own roads against you. :D

16. lordrune

lordrune Chieftain

Not sure if this is really a bug or not, but the AI is changing religions far more than can be good for it. Last game I played (latest FFH vanilla patch) Luchuirp couldn't make up its mind whether it wanted to be OO, RoK, or FoL. I've even seen Ljosalfar convert away from FoL to RoK (and back again later).

17. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

I found an easy fix for this. In CvEventManager. Under onBuildinngBuilt, there is a section that checks to see if the building is Pact of the Nilhorn. Within that, simply add the line

newUnit1.setUnitAIType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY'))

for each Stooge as they are named (changing the newUnit1 to newUnit2 and newUnit3 as appropriate.

18. DaveGold

DaveGold Chieftain

Definitely not.

19. Pickly

Pickly Chieftain

Had a game where Decius was a Calabim leader. The diplomacy screen used decius's picture and Bannor music, but he was listed as Calabim and was listed as evil in game.

20. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Decius is able to lead multiple civilizations, the Bannor, Calabim, and Malakim. He actually has his own music (I believe; Remember seeing it, at least. :lol:).

He also has an event when the game starts allowing him to select his alignment.