FfH2 Bug Thread

Hi

I'll keep this simple

Monarch
Large map 12 players 2(co-op) vs AI 2v2v2v2v2

Basically the multiplayer co-op is borked at about turn 200 right when the AC counter gets to 10 it triggers an event. :eek: Next turn will always OOS :aargh: :gripe: :wallbash: reload does not help just OOS again next turn [pissed].

This wasn't happening in earlier versions of the mod and I mean like several versions earlier.
Anyone got a ideas how to fix it?
and no I'm not keen on rolling back to an earlier version or playing SP :thanx:

PS :thumbsup: Greatmod

Attachments

• gaycrash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    429.2 KB · Views: 61
I don't know if this is recent bug or it was there all the time, I haven't played for a long time. It's not even a bug, more like oversight.

If you "use" a unit that's killed in process (settler, GP, priest, etc) and it has Immortal promotion, it gets resurrected in capital.

Im having a CtD late in game, somewhere around turn 600. I have Fall further installed aswell but i dont know if thats a problem. I have Windows 7 and my computer should handle this game. Im playing as the Ljosalfar. I know theres other people who have CtD in the middle of the game for no reason, and it seems like there isnt a solution to it. Heres the auto save I have, this time it crashes when i try to load it.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0633.CivBeyondSwordSave
    780.3 KB · Views: 66
I don't know if this is recent bug or it was there all the time, I haven't played for a long time. It's not even a bug, more like oversight.

If you "use" a unit that's killed in process (settler, GP, priest, etc) and it has Immortal promotion, it gets resurrected in capital.

It isn't a bug or an oversight. According to Kael, this feature is intentional.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Im having a CtD late in game, somewhere around turn 600. I have Fall further installed aswell but i dont know if thats a problem. I have Windows 7 and my computer should handle this game. Im playing as the Ljosalfar. I know theres other people who have CtD in the middle of the game for no reason, and it seems like there isnt a solution to it. Heres the auto save I have, this time it crashes when i try to load it.

You probably should post on the Fall Further sub-forum, it will probably be easier to get help there.

Best wishes,

Breunor

0.41n

- I'm able to upgrade a warrior to swordsman while it's standing on some mine in my cultural radius, outside any town squares. I cannot upgrade warriors in towns which do not have a training yard, though! (blackelves)

- "TXT_KEY_GOODY_EXPLORE_LAIR_SPAWN_SCORPION_BAD"

- Patch includes Ffh2 link that has Working Dir ""\\Kermit\c$\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\". Shouldn't be included in the first place!

- Erebus.py map is included in the patch, but unchanged? (IMHO, the map should use "self.SoftenPeakPercent = 0.4" as a standard setting to make much more playable and interesting maps; "=0" results in too many cut-off valleys which are basically useless ...)

- 2 volcanic events up to turn 36 within capitol city radius (2 of 5 mountains ..)

- Giant Spider history background reads "Whenever they kill a living unit, they spawn a new baby spider". The chance is 5%, though.

- Baby Spiders have only a 2% chance to grow per combat. They don't last that long .. as they only appear late (due to 5% chance to be spawned) - so this is basically a useless feature

- Baby Spider are not invisible to most units (like Giant Spider are)

- Baby Spider is still missing a Pedia entry

- Chariots (all kinds of) are still missing the Ancient Forest malus

- Chariots and mounted troops (all kinds of) are still "ancient assault gun brigades" ...: missing city attack malus

0.41m (most likely unfixed)

- having no state religion gives all local religion "base" bonus in towns .. intended?

- Galley mouseover reads "cannot enter TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_OCEAN"

I know it wasn't mentioned in the notes, but did the 'n' patch happen to fix the OOS multiplayer issue? It sucks playing back on 'g'.

I know minor text issues have there own thread, but at this point I figure I might as well post it here, given that we are past the "final" patch:

In TXT_KEY_WB_WAGES_OF_SIN_DESC each newline character needs another newline character adjacent to it, to match the formatting of the other scenarios.

Automated Terraforming seems completely broken, was it abandoned or it just wasn't fully ported from Wildmana? I think it's a must-have feature so it's kind of weird to see it neglected like that. Are there some other modmods that do just that?

Automated Terraforming seems completely broken, was it abandoned or it just wasn't fully ported from Wildmana? I think it's a must-have feature so it's kind of weird to see it neglected like that. Are there some other modmods that do just that?

My understanding is that it was abandoned but it wasn't 'removed' from the changelog. Iirc Kael didn't like it.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I've played all the major modmods, and no one has gotten it right. Best recommendations are to use the 'workers leave improvements' and 'workers don't build forts' gameoptions, and micro your workers in the early game.

I was given the city Mutanbo in a peace treaty. Mutanbo retains the Bazaar of Mammnon.

This apears to be a bug. Or do you keep national wonders you capture if you don't have that national wonder at the time of capture?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Svart AD-0255.CivBeyondSwordSave
    223.6 KB · Views: 52
Playing infernals, patch "m". The bug that was supposedly fixed in "e", where AV spreads into captured city and thus razing it lowers AC, appears to be still in.

This apears to be a bug. Or do you keep national wonders you capture if you don't have that national wonder at the time of capture?

I seem to remember it happening in BtS but it's a pretty rare event so I may be wrong.

Couldn't we get the fix as a separate download then? Some of us don't give a damn about multiplayer.

Game crashes at end of this turn, can't seem to get around it.

Started under Patch M, upgraded to N when this problem started, but that didn't help.

WinXP, Patch N

New to FFH2 (second game), and loving it.

Regards,
Lance

Game crashes at end of this turn, can't seem to get around it.

Started under Patch M, upgraded to N when this problem started, but that didn't help.

WinXP, Patch N

New to FFH2 (second game), and loving it.

Regards,
Lance

Lance,

I'm sorry to say but I'm giving up on fixing it, unless you want drastic measures. The bug can be cleared by deleting the Svartalfar city of Nameless Tower. Unfortunately, that city has the main Svartalfar army, it has at least 300 units and you will be in trouble if they decide to attack you (fortunately they don't have much of a fleet).

Given how big the game is, it will likely take hours to find out which unit or group is the problem; it takes quite a while to load this game and go into the worldbuilder.

So, if somebody wants to take this up, you can try taking down the Svartalfar army. I may do so in small increments. Alternatively, you can delete the city, play on, but then alter the game.

Best wishes,

Breunor

0.41n

- Edain can upgrade Axemen to Ogres, despite unit desc says they can't be upgradet to (savegame: Notice axemen in Edains cities, check the "can research" info - end turn - see at least 2 Axemen upgrade to Ogres, check the "can research" info .. he just researched ironworking)

edit: .. just found in CIV4UnitInfos.xml ...
Code:
<UnitInfo>
            <Class>UNITCLASS_AXEMAN</Class>
            <Type>UNIT_AXEMAN</Type>
<UnitClassUpgradeType>UNITCLASS_CHAMPION</UnitClassUpgradeType>
                    <bUnitClassUpgrade>1</bUnitClassUpgrade>

<UnitInfo>
            <Class>UNITCLASS_CHAMPION</Class>
            <Type>UNIT_OGRE</Type>

- Ogre Upgrade path is broken: should upgrade to Ogre Warchiefs, but do not do so

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• FfH2n OgreUpgrade Faeryl - 0468.7z
    907.9 KB · Views: 64
Hello Guys.

While playing The Cult scenario I have found what may be a problem with the Doviello AI.

In this scenario the Doviello entered some kind of loop, they are always producing one worker then instead of improving the terrain the worker is upgraded to a beastman unit, the AI then tries to produce another worker to improve his land but do the same thing again.

I haven't checked if this loop is also happening in normal games, but so far I have checked 6 scenarios starts and it is always the same thing, despite having a barbarian nearby or not the worker is always being upgraded to a military unit and that doesn't make sense, even when I gave the AI an army strong enough to conquer all the map(via world builder) this behaviour persisted, the only change is that with a sizeable army the worker completed one improvement before being upgraded to a beastman.

Top Bottom