1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. kumquatelvis

kumquatelvis Prince

Where there any barbarian units actually in the game? Maybe it was disabled due to a lack of targets?

2. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

One smaller continent solely occupied by barbarians and then one-third of "the large" continent. They where so many due to harsh terrain (tectonical map or what the heck it is called).

Nature's Call (name?) has been built, but I have used Shadows and have seen ordinary barbarians (and yes, also animals). When I cast the spell normally, I sometimes only get 1 or 2 barbarian and sometimes 0 so the number of barbarians can't be an issue.

I still would guess that the reason is that I am at war with the barbs.

3. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is true. Many of the Clan's special abilities are tied to being at peace with the Barbarians (Hiring Goblins, Rantine's Convert City spell, For the Horde).

4. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

In two games in a row my AI vassals have cast AOE spells which have damaged either my units or those of a second vassal. This caused them to declare war and break free from their vassal status. This clearly shouldn't happen. They either shouldn't cast the spell, shouldn't damage the allied targets, or shouldn't declare war on their masters.

I suspect this happens when the casting units are in foreign territory and/or the victims are across a border. Without knowing the details I know that borders are important in whether a human player can catch unintented targets with aoe spells, so I suspect that these vassals are unaware of the details too.

I think I can remember an occasion when another nation's vassal moved units into barbarian territory to kill the dragon and accidentally declared war by casting maelstrom on my units within my borders. This was a long time ago though and I can't substantiate it.

5. kanban42

kanban42 Chieftain

The following happened to me in a scenario (Black Tower) but I think it might be a general bug. I let a unit move from a ship onto the coast and explore a lair in the same turn. This causes the following python exception:

File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast
    File "string", line 0, in ?
    File "CvSpellInterface", line 1178, in spellExploreLair
    File "CustomFunctions", line 168, in exploreLairBigBad
    Runtime Error: unidentifiable C++ exception

I could provide a saved game if necessary.

-----

@cymrean, post #3636: Yes, that's it.

6. kanban42

kanban42 Chieftain

Continuing my previous post, it turned out that the python exception has nothing to do with the circumstances of the exploration. By hacking on the code (how is it possible to start a debugger?), I found out that two griffons with the POISONED_BLADE promotion should have been created. Apparently, the promotion is not applicable to these units, because without line 168 everything works fine.

7. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

8. Kael

Kael Deity

The problem wasn't that griffons aren't allow to have that promotion, but that POISONED_BLADE isn't a valid promotion. The correct promotion name is PROMOTION_POISONED_BLADE.

It will be fixed in patch "n".

9. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "n" (Bruenor's patch) is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Fixed a CtD caused by a conversion in a stack with enemy units.
    2. Fixed a CtD caused by taunt causing a unit that can't attack to attack.
    3. Fixed an issue that caused the AI Balseraphs to build freaks endlessly.
    4. Disciples of Acheron start with Loyalty.
    5. Sons of the Inferno start with Loyalty.
    6. Fixed a CtD when the Bannor cast rally and an enemy unit is on a town.
    7. Fixed a CtD that can be caused when a player founds a city in a plot with enemy units (the fun of invisibility).
    8. Fixed a WoC from summons (found by Snarko).
    9. Fixed an error in the Order vs Veil random event.
    10. Fixed an issue with applying the POISONED_BLADE promotion through explore lairs events.

10. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

Thanks Kael, it will be nice to see the Balseraphs in action again.

11. FM_Freyland

FM_Freyland Vote with your wallets!

Does this patch fix the WOC due to the AC90 bug?

Thanks for your work!
    Jonathan

12. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I'm pretty sure that "8. Fixed a WoC from summons (found by Snarko)." is the fix.

13. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

so, is this it? the final patch.

14. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

So ... the Disciples of Acheron were never added (the bug being that they never appear)

15. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

I have a suspicion that they are being built but that they are only required to be level 1 to upgrade to the SoI. Tech limits do not matter much for the Barbs, so they may be upgrading the moment they build them.?. So a good test of that is to change the min level to upgrade... (I haven't done it cause I dont deal with Acheron much any way. He makes a good AI sponge).

16. RDirump

RDirump Chieftain

I'm not sure what happens, but whatever it is, (just installed patch n) and some AI civ is causing the enemy turns phase to never end. Something locked in an endless loop maybe?

The game was interesting too, I am Illians and am, myself, locked inside the mountains by one pass that leads to the dragon in the barbarian city. He raises a wall of fire elementals that have forever blocked that pass and made my empire of nine cities a prison. I had just upgraded my army and was about to throw them at the elementals one more time and see if I could bust through, too.

Attached Files:

17. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Actually, the game is fine - I played it to the next turn. I've attached a save if you want to see it. I suspect that the game is so big it is simply taking a very long time between turns. Unfortunately, if you play on huge maps and the game goes late, you can expect the game to take long between turns.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attached Files:

18. RDirump

RDirump Chieftain

OOps, I wasted your time, sorry. I've finished five or so games on erebus, never had a turn take even half as long, but if you say so, gotta believe you. Perhaps it's all back to that gimped starting position, I bet. Once break out of there, bet I can reduce the enemy turn time.

EDITED:
    Well, tried again, strange. Everything went normal for two more turns this time... but then it hangs on enemy turns again. Can scroll around very freely, unlike normally when scrolling is a bit choppy as the ai opponent moves. Weird thing was, earlier today it went like this right after the save, try again get a couple moves in but.... Somethings about to happen, anyway, that wigs out my game.

19. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

Where there any DLL changes with this latest patch? If so, could you link the latest source files in the Modders thread? Thanks!

20. Kael

Kael Deity

Yes there were. But Im traveling for work. I'll link the new source when I get home Wednesday.