FfH2 Bug Thread

It's apparently not a problem with your installation. I just created a new game and used worldbuilder to add in some units for testing purposes, and the Sons of Asena explode for me as well.

Yep. Looks like this line was accidentally moved to the Sons of Asena section instead of the Pyre Zombie section in Unitinfos.xml. Looking at the code, I would imagine that Pyre Zombies are not exploding in Patch O.

<PythonPostCombatLost>postCombatExplode(pCaster,pOpponent)</PythonPostCombatLost>

Something, if there will be another patch.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 274
Ah, and I did wonder why there was smoke after a son died... ;)

Its easy to fix, right? Just change the line, right?

Weird, I have no idea how that got moved to the Sons of Asena. I'll put a patch out to clean it up.

That reminded me of how in my version Beastmasters somehow got the postCombatScavage(pCaster) call meant for the various Doviello Melee UUs. When I heard of the error I assumed somehow the indexing was off and it was causing units to get the python calls of those before or after them in CIV4UnitInfos.xml, but I just checked again and found I had just place the call in that unit's defines too for no good reason.

While you are at it, you might as well try fixing some obviously outdated things in the text file, like the Tower of Necromancy mouseover mentioning increasing the limit on the number of skeletons you may have by 5.

If you aren't going to be releasing many more patches, it would probably be a good idea to provide a complete version in one download, as you did with 0.23c.

Here I am posting a bug in the correct thread.

I'm afraid I no longer have the save game with the problem I encountered.

At first I thought the problem was from goblins dumping waste on one of my tiles, causing the food yield of that tile to drop from 2 to 0. In retrospect, since I wasn't harvesting that tile, I doubt that was the problem.

Now I think it was from a forested tile that had received a random event that increased the food yield from 0 to 2. I was harvesting this tile. The bug is that the total food yield for my city was 2 less than I expected it to be, it took a while to notice because I had a stop growth on the city for a long time and I was harvesting a sheep pasture. I think this "bonus" wasn't working. With the supposed extra food yield, the citizen auto-allocation was highly attracted to this tile.

Also, when I started a new game after deleting the two goblin waste events from the 2 xml files, the Kuriotates were no longer receiving their leader's Sprawling happiness benefit. I don't know how one change led to the other problem.

Hello, I have a crash problem with my actual game, and I suppose this thread is here to track and correct bugs in order to make the game more stable, so... ^^

Playing the Amurites, I've not modded anything (except installing FFH2 obviously), and the game crash during the calculation of the next turn.

Hope it helps you people to enhance the stability of the mod (and to allow me to continue my game :x) !

Attachments

• B.CivBeyondSwordSave
    329.9 KB · Views: 76
Hello, I have a crash problem with my actual game, and I suppose this thread is here to track and correct bugs in order to make the game more stable, so... ^^

Playing the Amurites, I've not modded anything (except installing FFH2 obviously), and the game crash during the calculation of the next turn.

Hope it helps you people to enhance the stability of the mod (and to allow me to continue my game :x) !

I can't open the file. Are you using patch o?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Ah crap, didn't notice there have been patch since then.
I was still on the "n" version. Yeah, I upgraded to "o" and the game crash when I try to load the savegame, so I suppose it's because of something that was corrected with the "o" patch.

Well, nevermind, I'll restart the game from scratch then ^^

I had a unit with Orthus's axe and drill 4, but the defensive strikes hit every unit next to it for small damage when a stack attacked it. (eg: one barb axe attacks the unit, but the other three in the stack get hit with defensive strike damage.)

I upgraded to "o" and the game crash when I try to load the savegame, so I suppose it's because of something that was corrected with the "o" patch.
Not necessarily. Patch O breaks saved games, which means that if you upgrade to Patch O then any games started under previous patches will crash when you try to load them, even if those games did not have any problems. However, upgrading to the Patch O was the right thing to do, because information about problems in earlier versions is less helpful than examples of problems with the latest version. If you encounter a crash under Patch O, please report it here.

I had a unit with Orthus's axe and drill 4, but the defensive strikes hit every unit next to it for small damage when a stack attacked it. (eg: one barb axe attacks the unit, but the other three in the stack get hit with defensive strike damage.)
I was unable to replicate the problem you describe. What version of FfH2 are you playing? Do you have any modmods installed (or have you made any changes yourself)? What type of unit was it that had Orthus' Axe, and what other promotions did it have? A copy of a saved game in which this is happening could be very helpful; if you have one please post it.

Found two bugs from n patch. The first one has to be the smallest bug ever. It has to do with the immortal trait and casting the tiger cage. Obviously, if you put a tiger in a cage, it does not die (I assume the idea behind the happiness bonus is that there is a living tiger in a cage). Yet, the
tiger is reborn in the capital. Like I said, extremely minor, but sort of illogical.

The second one is more severe. I have a shadow in a tile with some enemy troops, next to an enemy city. I attack the city, fight a tiger there, and capture it. Game crashes. I assume this is because the game cannot move the tiger into the same tile with the shadow, since it is occupied. The tiger cannot stay in the city either, because it is not mine.

The second one is more severe. I have a shadow in a tile with some enemy troops, next to an enemy city. I attack the city, fight a tiger there, and capture it. Game crashes. I assume this is because the game cannot move the tiger into the same tile with the shadow, since it is occupied. The tiger cannot stay in the city either, because it is not mine.

I reported this bug in last patch, but there were no response... ;)

Found two bugs from n patch. The first one has to be the smallest bug ever. It has to do with the immortal trait and casting the tiger cage. Obviously, if you put a tiger in a cage, it does not die (I assume the idea behind the happiness bonus is that there is a living tiger in a cage). Yet, the
tiger is reborn in the capital. Like I said, extremely minor, but sort of illogical.

The actually isn't a bug. The rationale is that if you save units to add to cities until you get the immortal trait, you deserve to be able to use them twice.

i was playing the game when i noticed that i could not make an ice node on the ice mana. when i looked at the code i noticed that there wasn't an ice mana node in the civ4improvementinfos.xml file. I also saw that there was a dimensional mana in the civ4artdefines_improvement.xml file but that the dimensional mana doesn't exist in the game. I was wondering which one is supposed to be in the game and if one of them would be returning.

The buttons for the Tavern and the Svartalfar champion didn't display properly (they probably had no alpha). I fixed them, simply put these files in Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Buildings and Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Units.

Since there probably won't be much more patches, perhaps it would be a good idea to reskin old unit buttons into the newer "unit screenshot on sky background", which I think feels much more polished than having random artwork for unit buttons. I have some free time on my hands and can do it if this idea appeals to the FFH team.

Not sure if there'll be another patch, but I'll list what I noticed tonight:
-Catapults that had become hidden (through Sidar spell) didn't have it removed after attacking & retreating.
-Pit beasts get an extra turn for every attack they win. I had one slated to stick around for another 100 turns after he beat a big stack of tigers (it was an illusion defending).
-I think there's something wrong still with either blight, the ai, or the sheaim in particular, because after a couple games I've seen them with cities in good locations at pop 1 in the late game--I don't think they had eaters, either.

Top Bottom