1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Angrenost

Angrenost Chieftain

They're most likely using Conquest and 'pumping out' units.

2. clearbeard

clearbeard King

I think this is an issue with the conquest civic. If blight hits late, and the starting city sizes are large, I've seen the AI go to size 1 in all their cities. If they're at war, all they produce are units, which use excess food, so they never grow again. Their tech stalls, and they start to fall behind in power, which makes them want more units, making the problem worse. Seems to be evil civs that I see this happen to most often: Sheaim and Calabim in particular. Maybe they get hit harder by blight, as they generally build fewer :health: buildings, setting off the chain reaction?

3. ClownPrince

ClownPrince Chieftain

Any idea how the sons of asena are acting like pyre zombies in the attached game? it really caught me unawares when my defending and attacking units were taking fire damage when fighting the dogpile of sons...

4. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Its a known XML issue. Apparantly its rather easy to fix ... I'd just prefer that Patch O was hot-fixed so that all future patch-O dl's no longer have the error.

5. Arralen

Arralen Chieftain

Fix:
    CIV4UnitInfos.xml , row 13169
    move this line
    Code:
    <PythonPostCombatLost>postCombatExplode(pCaster,pOpponent</PythonPostCombatLost>
    up to row 12934:
    Code:
            </DamageTypeCombats>
            <PythonPostCombatLost>postCombatExplode(pCaster,pOpponent</PythonPostCombatLost>
        </UnitInfo>
        <UnitInfo>
            <Class>UNITCLASS_AXEMAN</Class>
            <Type>UNIT_SONS_OF_ASENA</Type>

Further needed fixes in version "o":

Chariots are (partly) missing -25% Ancient Forest, -25% all forest

<class>UNITCLASS_CHARIOT</class>
    *<Type>UNIT_CHARIOT</Type>
    *<Type>UNIT_CHARIOT_SCORPION_CLAN</Type>

Code:
    <FeatureAttacks>
        <FeatureAttack>
            <FeatureType>FEATURE_FOREST</FeatureType>
            <iFeatureAttack>-25</iFeatureAttack>
        </FeatureAttack>
        <FeatureAttack>
            <FeatureType>FEATURE_JUNGLE</FeatureType>
        </FeatureAttack>
        <FeatureAttack>
            <FeatureType>FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT</FeatureType>
        </FeatureAttack>
    </FeatureAttacks>

Animals missing flags:
    Baby Spider -> <Invisible>INVISIBLE_ANIMAL</Invisible>
    Giant Spider -> <bNoDefensiveBonus>1</bNoDefensiveBonus>
    Griffon -> <bNoDefensiveBonus>1</bNoDefensiveBonus>

Strange flag(s) on units:
    Herald (Mercurians) -> -20% CityAttack ... dunno why? (from -25% in "n" IIRC)

6. Emptiness

Emptiness []

The problem is not just that the Sons of Asena are exploding like Pyre Zombies, but also that Pyre Zombies are not exploding. Rather than deleting the line completely, it needs to be moved to the Pyre Zombie section.

7. ClownPrince

ClownPrince Chieftain

Many thanks for the prompt and thorough response... And to Emptiness for the catch that the Pyre Zombies had been short-changed in the bargain!

Wish me luck (and feel free to send along links to tools/help) as I try my first XML edits...

8. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

When I installed patch o, the desktop shortcut did not show up. Also, the shortcut found in the FfH
    mod folder doesn't work, get a wrong pathway error message. Win7. Any ideas? Thanks.

9. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Credit belongs to SilentDragon who reported the problem with Pyre Zombies, and with Tholal who posted the fix.

-------------

If you have the steam version of the game, then see this thread: having problems with shortcut w/steam version and windows 7

If not, then the target of your shortcut should be:
    Code:
    "[path]\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\Fall from Heaven 2"
    (Replace [path] with the path to your install of Civ 4.)

10. ClasuSiosa

ClasuSiosa Thespian of the Sword

Vampire, Glitch?

The Pedia says that the Bloodpet eating spell allows the Vampire to heal and attack again, ive tried with Rosier the Fallen, Losha Valas, and i think with a normal Vampire, and possibly with a vampiric Moroi, and it heals but no 2nd attack.

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The pedia is outdated. Feed was a much more impressive spell back before the move to BtS, but was nerfed for being too powerful. (In my modmod it gets it power back.)

12. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Thanks Emptiness. I'm using BTS installed from an original disk. I followed your instructions using the shortcut in the FfH2 Mod folder and now it works properly. When I originally opened the icon I found it curious that:

Target: "\\Kermit\c$\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2

and

Start in: "\\Kermit\c$\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\"

What is Kermit?

13. Azhral

Azhral Let's get Tactical!

Uh, its accessing the hidden C: drive share on the machine named Kermit.

14. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

What?

15. jeffperkins

jeffperkins Chieftain

On a bootcamp Win 7 partition of a Mac OS X computer, exactly under what directory should ffh2 be installed? From the above it looks like one installs ffh2 first and patch o second. I am finding a directory in the form of program files (X86)/2K games / Firaxis Games / Sid Meier's Civlization IV Complete / Mods, but putting ffh2 under there doesn't seem to work. Any advice?

16. Emptiness

Emptiness []

FfH2 must be installed in the "Mods" folder in the "Beyond the Sword" folder, so in your case that would be "Program Files (x86)/2K games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods". You might want to consider reinstalling Civ 4 to someplace other than your "Program Files (x86)" folder (which is the default location), so that you can circumvent the issue of UAC. Also, make sure that you have patched Civ 4 to version 3.19, as that is required to play FfH2.

17. Azhral

"\\Kermit" is a machine named 'Kermit' somewhere on your network.

"\c$" is the Root C:\ drive share that all Windows machines have. It is hidden for obvious reasons, and requires administrator priviledges on the target machine to access.

If you hold down the Start button and hit 'Pause/Break' you'll open the System Information panel. In there there is a section named 'Computer name, domain and workgroup settings.' If your computer name happens to be 'Kermit' you can safely change the Target in the icon to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2

and change the Start In to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\"

18. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Thanks Azhral. Your time and patience is appreciated.

19. Azhral

As long as we can go Hokies, whatever that means.

/me frolicks in the sunshine.

20. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Hokies is the name of the athletic teams at Virginia Tech here in the US, so Broken Hawk must have some connection to that university.

The Virginia Tech website explains the source of the name:

http://www.vt.edu/about/hokie.html