1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I know it is probably a very low priority but it would be great to see Acheron and his friends toned down a bit.

2. clearbeard

clearbeard King

Acheron and his friends are juicy treats to add to your army. Little bit of fire resistance, some mind archmages (optional), and a couple of beastmasters with capture beast are all you need to turn their fearsome looks and winsome smiles to your side!

That said, making the sons of the inferno --> disciples of acheron upgrade require level 4 or so would make sense, so we can actually see the former once in a while. Easy enough to mod in if you're so inclined.

3. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Can beast masters capture Sons of Inferno?

I didn't think they were UNITCOMBAT_BEAST

4. clearbeard

clearbeard King

That's what the (optional) mind 3 archmages are for. Works best as the Balseraphs, since you don't care if your puppets lose their ability to cast dominate. Even with other archmages/liches/vampire lords, you are just risking one promotion for the chance to get a new archmage! Otherwise, with your fire resistant stack, attack with 1 beastmaster who will likely lose but badly hurt Acheron, then slaughter the Sons with other units, then capture Acheron with the other beastmaster. Even just Acheron is a lovely addition to your steamroller army to wrap up your conquest of the lesser factions.

5. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Thanks for the suggestions clearbeard, I'll give them a try.

6. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

One thought I've had for a while. I'm aware that it's the intention of regular FFH2 to have really strong barbarians. However, why is there no option to decrease barbarian numbers (but not remove them completely)? We have an option to make barbarians stronger, but no option to make them weaker (unless we completely remove them).

Personally speaking I'd find great use for an option to decrease barbarian numbers (e.g. halve numbers), because in general the AI civs tend to be much weaker than the barbarians. I'd like to be able to turn up the difficulty to improve the AI civs' chances in the game, but without inducing the huge numbers of barbarians which you have to spam units to control (forcing you to play very similar openings in every game - a bit boring). However, I don't want to completely remove the barbarians either, because they add an element of fun to the game (in reasonable numbers).

Hopefully such an option should be reasonably easy to code in (e.g. just halve the spawn rate for barbarians). Would be great to see this in a future patch, if it can be managed. Seems to make sense to complement the "None", "Normal" and "High" options with a "Low" option. :)

While I'm here, I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome effort that has gone not only into making this mod in the first place, but also to continually updating and patching it. It's really appreciated by us fans. Kael and the team - you guys are awesome. :D

7. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Actually buddy ... Sons of Inferno are immune to capture (as of patch N i think? regardless they are definitely immune to capture)

At least theoretically, domination shouldn't work (for Acheron's henchmen/bosses) on the newest patches.

8. clearbeard

clearbeard King

It's a good theory, but doesn't work that way. Sons are immune to capture from combat thanks to having loyalty, like high priest's command promos, but NOT to the Mind 3 dominate spell.

9. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

Not sure if mentioned (I went back a few pages) but when I make a route to any mana giving unique feature I do not get credit for it. This of course excludes mana nodes I build.

10. dot

dot crossing the i's

Are you sure that you have the proper tech to make use of that very mana? If you are, I am lost.

11. Adrogans

Yes I do I have seen it happen with both the mirror of the heaven and letum frigus.

EDIT - I just realized I put up an older save, but its the same game and I deleted the auto saves.

12. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

patch o?

13. Adrogans

Yes. I do not know how long this was going on I simply noticed it during this session.

14. Breunor

Breunor Deity

You don't have a route to the Letum Frigus - you need to build a road. I can't find the Mirror of Heaven, but make sure you have a route there. If you hover above it with the mouse, it will indicate if you don't have a route.

Best wishes,

Breunor

15. dot

dot crossing the i's

@ Adrogans:
    Ah, I think I've encountered that problem as well. Sometimes the unique features are put in, but the mana isn't. When you enable the signs for resources (Ctrl-R) the little cirle with the mana will - properly - NOT show up on the screen. Is that it?

16. Adrogans

Yes I said this was an old save, but when I built a route it did not register the mana. Heck enter world builder and make the route it still does not register.

Strangely it does show the Ice Mana there and it says all it requires is a route yet when you build said route it does not add the mana.

17. Breunor

Breunor Deity

That's because in this case the road isn't good enough, your city next to the Letum Frigus doesn't have a sea route to your capital. I tested it; - take your save, build a road to the Letum Frigus, and then go into the worldbuilder and give yourself Astronomy and the pre-requisite techs. You DO get the ice mana. The game appears to be working properly.

Best wishes,

Breunor

18. Adrogans

Ah kay thanks, thought I had already received astronomy. Oh well.

19. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Is the code for Warrens in Python?

I can't find it in the BuildingInfos XML ... (the double-unit functionality that is)

20. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

It's in OnUnitBuilt in CvEventManager. Search for BUILDING_WARRENS and you'll find it easily.