FfH2 Bug Thread

i crashed again at 13 turns left

You may want to learn to use the worldbuilder yourself. My guess is that you have more problems with Mercurian mages. Go in and delete them. If it doesn't solve the problem, you just have to decide if you want to finish or not. Youc an post another save.

There isn't anything more I can do, I'm not a programmer, I can't fix the underlying bug.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I recently finished the third scenario (in which you're supposed to defend one civilization from the enemy). Rather than killing 100 units, I ended up finishing off the enemy altogether. But my victory did not allow me to unlock the fourth scenario, which is kind of absurd. I could load a save and try to get the full 100 kills, but at this point that would be a lot of effort to accomplish something I feel that I've already more than accomplished.

So now I've recompleted the mission (The Radiant Guard), and The Black Tower shows up as a scenario option, but the game crashes when I try to load it.

So now I've recompleted the mission (The Radiant Guard), and The Black Tower shows up as a scenario option, but the game crashes when I try to load it.

Owen,

Just so you know there is a different thread for scenario bugs, and you can get a lot of information there. Unfortunately, the Black Tower crashes in the latest patch.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Breunor (and whomever else is interested), here is the savegame from my latest Avatar of Wrath test. In my case, the Avatar spawned but did NOT crash the game.

For testing purposes, Tholal's patch was not used.

I hope it's useful.

View attachment Jayce AD-0289.CivBeyondSwordSave

I installed Civ4, installed BTS, installed 3.17 patch, installed 3.19 patch. . . now when I start it it says that Beyond the Sword quits working. :/

I installed Civ4, installed BTS, installed 3.17 patch, installed 3.19 patch. . . now when I start it it says that Beyond the Sword quits working. :/

When you say 'installed it' do you mean you installed FfH II, or is BtS not working on its own?

Best wishes,

Breunor

For some reason my units aren't upgrading to iron weapons even though I can see an iron resource in my territory and have it capped with a mine, which is in turn linked to my road network. Is there something else I need to do? I haven't played FFH2 since the M patch, has something changed wrt the weapon upgrades?

Do you have the iron working tech? Smelting reveals iron and lets you mine it, but you need Iron Working to get it as a usable resource.

I believe the AI governing barbarian warriors and archers would be VERY strongly weighted against those units moving from a city or lair. Goblin or lizardman units might be more likely to move though.

On the other hand, it's also possible the defending units were destroyed by something that couldn't, itself, conquer the city (shadows, for example).

I seem to see empty barbarian cities with barbarian Civ unitis (Clan) sitting near them, I'm not sure what is going on there.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'm having a problem in that late in the game of FFH2, average settings for game size, the game starts locking up and crashing a lot. This is a problem that has been getting worse. And I don't know what the cause of it is.

Any suggestions? Are there new patches around?

It is likely a system resource issue. Try making all settings to minimze the resources needed.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Anyone ever seen an issue where the barbarian cities are spawned with no defenders?

There is a noticed bug that a few people, emphasis on the few, have seen. Evidently the python code that creates the starting archers in a new barb city gets skipped. Chris Adams is working with Tholal on the More Naval AI modmod, and has mentioned seeing this here. Incidentally, I would strongly recommend checking out Tholal's modmod. It is a nice update on FFH that keeps the base game as-is, focusing on AI improvements, bugfixes, and some balancing.

Top Bottom