FfH2 Bug Thread

Another possibility has to do with the density of existing features. If you're using the Blessing of Armathaon, especially on a smaller map, this becomes a problem. As I recall, there's a table somewhere of which resources are placed in what order, and if no valid sites (they can't be too close to each other, like cities) remain, the ones at the bottom are simply not placed. I only remember this because it used to be a problem with reagents being toward the bottom of the list, meaning that most civs couldn't get mages. I don't know how, or even if, this problem was resolved, but nobody's complained about it in a while.

Just throwing out possibilities.

I think its cause people stopped using Blessings on smaller maps, or rather stopped trying to go all the way to archmages on those maps :)

I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on where the mana nodes appear, for example, unaltered land. When all the land is worked it may not be able to create nodes even though the ritual is compelted and no 'bug' is triggered.

As Emptiness mentioned, it is easist to trace if you send a save file.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I've recently been very annoyed by the fact that units with the Illusion promotion cannot attack from water tiles. I think this may be due to BtS code meant to prevent catapults loaded on ships from attacking.

The illusion promotion negates almost all of the advantages of Air and Water elementals, since they not only cannot attack from water tiles but the combat limit means that they cannot generate Lightning Elementals from attacking or have much of a chance of splitting.

reg. the socalled WOC-Bug:

May someone wants to test this, I did and it worked:

I simply waited long enough. I do have more than 1 Computer and tend to play games, which have long waiting times, thus I just switched to the other one.

It took 12, once 18, once more than 20 MINUTES for the turn to end, but it DID end. In the end :crazyeye:

The next turns seemed to work properly again, this meaning, you only have to wait three minutes or so... :cry:

@mananodes: as far as I know, there are no such restrictions as unworked/unaltered lands or something. If I build it I get the new recs. Unfortunately the AI gets them most of the time though... ;)

I simply waited long enough. I do have more than 1 Computer and tend to play games, which have long waiting times, thus I just switched to the other one.

It took 12, once 18, once more than 20 MINUTES for the turn to end, but it DID end. In the end :crazyeye:

The next turns seemed to work properly again, this meaning, you only have to wait three minutes or so... :cry:

I have had some very long waits (15+ minutes, huge map, lots of civs, late game), but I've also had WoC waits over 1.5 hours before I gave up, so I don't think that's it. Still, it sometimes pays to wait the extra 10 minutes since, as you say, the next turns won't NECESSARILY be as slow.

By the way, from my observation, long WoC times (not resulting in the bug) have mostly to do with the AI making units use their full movement every turn, even if that means they just move to the next tile and back again until all their moves are used up. This includes my own units on auto (explore or improve). Not being well-versed in AI programming, I don't know why the AI does this instead of just staying in one place and building up the fortification bonus (which it obviously does sometimes).

I have tested this extensively. As Tielby said, sometimes the issue is a very long-turn, but there are clear WoC which can go on forever. I tested it once going to sleep and looking in the morning after 8 hours, and it was still a WoC.

Best wishes,

Breunor

There are a number of issues in FFH that can cause really long turns and even infinite loops. Try my modmod (see signature) if you're tired of dealing with the Waiting on other Civilizations issue.

I have a fix for the WoC hanging bug.

If you can still control your game (i.e. select units and open menus and stuff) but the turn won't finish due to WoC, then just save and reload your game. Works for me most of the time.

Still, chances are that whatever caused the WoC will still be around and will break the game again. You may want to open Worldbuilder and delete the problem. Common issues include Acheron, large AI stacks, and hidden units (spiders) hiding in either choke points or other highly trafficked areas (inside borders).

I have a fix for the WoC hanging bug.

If you can still control your game (i.e. select units and open menus and stuff) but the turn won't finish due to WoC, then just save and reload your game. Works for me most of the time.

Still, chances are that whatever caused the WoC will still be around and will break the game again. You may want to open Worldbuilder and delete the problem. Common issues include Acheron, large AI stacks, and hidden units (spiders) hiding in either choke points or other highly trafficked areas (inside borders).

With the latest patch, the 'multiple mage' bug is the major cause of WoC's based on people submittingthem. For some reason, whenthe AI gets a lot of mages together, we get WoC's.

We also still have the Avatar of Wrath bug which causes WoC's.

Best wishes,

Breunor

With the latest patch, the 'multiple mage' bug is the major cause of WoC's based on people submittingthem. For some reason, whenthe AI gets a lot of mages together, we get WoC's.

We also still have the Avatar of Wrath bug which causes WoC's.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hi Breunor :)

I'd like to have a go at debugging these WoCs. Have you got any (0.41o or Naval AI 1.7) saves that are going to go WoC next turn? If so, can I have them?

Cheers

S

I'd like to have a go at debugging these WoCs. Have you got any (0.41o or Naval AI 1.7) saves that are going to go WoC next turn? If so, can I have them?

Cheers

S

Probably not, but there are lots of them on this thread. I can't do it now, but if we just go back over old threads, there will probably be dozens.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Cheers

S

Ok, I've checked every post on the bug thread since patch o was released (post 3893). Either there aren't many bugs left or people have stopped playing (or both). Anyway, I list all of the bugs that I found, I'm not 100% sure they are all WoC's, some may be crashes.

Anyway, I list several pairs of posts on this thread. In each pair, the first post has the bug, the second has my 'fix' file.

4105 - 4107
4110 - 4111
4157 - 4160
4162 - 4166
4178 - 4179

Thanks for any help here!

Breunor

Either there aren't many bugs left or people have stopped playing (or both).

Breunor

I'm guessing that since base FfH2 is no longer being developed, most people have probably moved on to RifE, MoM, or Tholal's More Naval AI modmod.

Still playing, though infrequently. I reinstalled several months ago, specifically without any modmods, to try to help with the ongoing efforts here. I've managed to get two games to Avatar of Wrath since then, hoping to add useful data to that bug hunt, but all I can say is that I haven't encountered the WoC bug in any of my games yet.

I'm guessing that since base FfH2 is no longer being developed, most people have probably moved on to RifE, MoM, or Tholal's More Naval AI modmod.

I think there are a lot of reasons people have moved on, including simply the release of Civ V. So unfortunatley, we don't know if the lack of bugs is coming from the bugs being fixed in patch o, or that there just aren't enough people playing to generate bugs. Or even if people getting bugs aren't posting since they think they won't get fixed anyway.

So we don't know, for instance, if the Avatar of Wrath bug was fixed in patch o or not (or even more complicated, is triggered less often for some complex reasons.)

Anyway, I posted the bugs reported since patch 0 came out.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Ok, I've checked every post on the bug thread since patch o was released (post 3893). Either there aren't many bugs left or people have stopped playing (or both). Anyway, I list all of the bugs that I found, I'm not 100% sure they are all WoC's, some may be crashes.

Anyway, I list several pairs of posts on this thread. In each pair, the first post has the bug, the second has my 'fix' file.

4105 - 4107
4110 - 4111
4157 - 4160
4162 - 4166
4178 - 4179

Thanks for any help here!

Breunor

Cheers. I'll check them out when I get home from work.

I've got a bug that religion icons are wrong. Runes have Empyrean, Fellowship of Leaves has Runes, etc. I also use orbis modmod.

Top Bottom