FfH2 Bug Thread

That is intended. Resources that require a tech to be able to be harvested can be used without that tech if they are acquired by trade.

Mining is the tech that lets you harvest the resource though, whereas Bronze Working lets you get the weapon upgrade. I have Mining, and so I could Mine copper, yet I won't get the weapon upgrade until I get Bronze Working. However, if I receive Copper in trade, I get Bronze Weapons. Maybe it is working as intended, because it represents a civilization giving you bronze weapons in trade, but... I don't know, it'd be nice to have that mentioned somewhere. Maybe it's mentioned in the (somewhat outdated) FfH2 manual.

That problem is corrected in patch Y.

Oh, I know, I've just always seen Kael mention the Iron Orb event as occurring for the *first* player consistently, where it actually happens (or happened) for *every* (human) player consistently... just in case it's important.

Are Khazad adepts not supposed to be able to upgrade to mages and later archmages or is this a bug?

Maybe it is working as intended, because it represents a civilization giving you bronze weapons in trade, but... I don't know, it'd be nice to have that mentioned somewhere. Maybe it's mentioned in the (somewhat outdated) FfH2 manual.

It is working as intended and it is documented in CIV. Tech in civ (PHysics?) reveals uranium, but you can't actually use it (enabled) until fission (or fusion or something, I can't remember it's been so long since I've played vanilla CIV)

Iron is revealed by smelting, but not enabled until Iron Working.

Mithril, however, is revealed and enabled by Mithril Working IIRC.

I'm having trouble getting the mod working properly. :( I installed it and it loads up ok, but when it get to the game itself all the interface is missing, no city screen either. Any ideas whats gone wrong?

Setting 'Random Lairs=True' seems to allow the lairs to show up over top of existing cities and player/ai units, destroying them in the process.

Kuriotates can acquire useless national wonders by conquest. I flipped a barb city with the brewhouse after building all my cities, so it became a settlement and I could never build the brewhouse any place useful.

I suppose I should have looked at the city's city graphics first, then I would have known it had the brewhouse and could have decided not to accept it.

0.40y CTD when i try to load it.
upped to rapidshare as a test (never uploaded to rs before)
Here

Edit: I mean the save I linked causes the game to crash if I tried loading it
sorry, I wasn't being clear. Its Grigori turn 460 I think.

I noticed that the function to automate workers for the nearest city does not work. The workers just stay inside the city, while if I use the general automation function, they resume working on available tiles.

That might explain a weird error I've been trying to track down. Sometimes AI workers get stuck inside of a city. I wonder if the AI ever tries to use the nearest city function.

Cosmetic documentation bug:

This isn't terribly important (or interesting) but I couldn't see a cosmetics / documentation thread, so I thought I'd log this one here.

* Go to Civilopedia on main menu page.
* Look up Drama.
* It does not read "Can build Culture"

* Start a new game.
* Look up Drama.
* It now reads "Can build Culture"

In addition culture is underlined as a hyperlink, but following the link does not lead anywhere.

I checked out how BtS handled the same scenario, found the necessary tag and tried adding:

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_CULTURE_PEDIA</Tag>
<English>A city instructed to build culture will transform half of its production into culture.</English>
<French>No translation yet.</French>
<German>No translation yet.</German>
<Italian>No translation yet.</Italian>
<Spanish>No translation yet.</Spanish>
</TEXT>

... to but this doesn't work, nor does copying CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Concepts to the /Text folder.

Marginally off-topic: In the course of investigating, I wrote flavour text for Wealth, if you want it.

Playing with patch y:

against the grey scenario,

a hawk was able to spread council of esus religion, allowing me to rebase him to different cities each turn.

Both doesn't make much sense, nor does it seem very balanced...

... although it does allow for a fascinating RP backstory...

So, I'm finishing up an old game on patch 'W', and I had "Global Warming" occur twice now!

Does "Global Warming" have a place in this mod?
(Yeah, its an old patch, but I don't see any fixes that mention global warming.)

Playing as Malakim on Plains map.

Bugs: Damage spells from wonder can cause war without notice. (maybe intended?)
Damage spells from wonder can bypass scenario forced peace.

Playing as the Elohim with patch Y and took over a Bannor city with culture, it allows me to build the Bannor palace in that city, IIRC I thought patch X solved the ability for tolerant traits to have two palaces. If this is not as intended I can post a saved game to be looked at.

Did you still have your old palace after building the new one? You should be able to build a Bannor palace, but your Elohim palace should be removed after you complete the Bannor palace.

I didn't build it just saw it was an option, but that makes sense its saying I can build a Bannor palace but it takes place of my Elohim palace so I still just have one palace at a time.
Thanks Emptiness.

I'm sorry if someone has already posted this. I've downloaded the mod and the latest patch installed both in the BtS mods folder. I can load the mod but when I try to start a game it crashes and gives me one of these report don't report the problem errors. I have tried disabeling the videos like someone suggested but still I can't begin a game. Any ideas?

Error Resolved

Attachments

• vamps.CivBeyondSwordSave
    595.5 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom