FfH2 Bug Thread

Can't seem to find out what is wrong, I am playing along (well into the game) and then at one point it unceremonisly dumps me out with not so much as a warning, nor an explaination.

Can someone help me? Methinks there's another up date out there somewhere, I ask for it in the game, and it says that I'm current, however, I wonder. I really love this thinking-person's-game very much, so if I could get a reply I would really love it.

I have a chip speed of about 2.79 and 3G of Ram. I have a new video card (GE Force 8500 w/1M on board) and I use windows XP

Try relaoding from your last save (autosave would be recent if you haven't saved yourself.) See if the error is reproduced. If it is, upload the last save game and post to the forum, someone should be able to help you.

Best wishes,

Breunor

My city had a Blasting Workshop...

You are totally correct. I set up the situation with the worldbuilder and if Barny dies, and you rebuild him, it doesn't matter what buildings are in the city he is rebuilt in, he gets no Golem promotions. (My test city had Blasting and Alduria). The bug from patch 'W' was not fixed it seems (tested again in patches W and Y)

From patch 'W':
4. Barnaxus will get the abilities from the city he is built in (if they have the Pallens engine, etc).

I built the wonder, then built a horse archer in another city (not the one with the wonder), and it didn't get the promotions. Based on how the Civilopedia is written, I thought I would get the promos in cities other than the one with the wonder. Maybe it is working correctly and this is only a cosmetic bug, maybe its a bigger bug?

Civilopedia description:
- New mounted units get +10 experience (sounds like all/everywhere)
- Free morale promotion for units built in this city. (If this line wasn't in the Civilopedia, I might think, oh, I guess the +10 exp is only for this city. Why explicitly mention the morale promo is ONLY for this city, and not mention this for the +10 experience if this is how the wonder is supposed to work!!

Anyway, its either a (wonder devaluing) bug, or its a very misleading Civilopedia entry.

Appearance of Avatar of Wrath causes enraged in Grigori heroes. The code checks against world units thus preventing enraged effecting normal heroes. Grigori heroes do not qualify as world units however and may become enraged. I recommend that code checks for the hero promotion also.

Additionally, great people may also become enraged. Perhaps they should also be excluded.

Civilopedia description:
- New mounted units get +10 experience (sounds like all/everywhere)

I understand only for the city where the building is built. Like when saying "Can build Archer", meabs only in the current city.

Else it would anyway be way overpowered.

Try relaoding from your last save (autosave would be recent if you haven't saved yourself.) See if the error is reproduced. If it is, upload the last save game and post to the forum, someone should be able to help you.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'm not convinced he's even talking about FfH2.

When loading a save during a game, I will often get a pop-up with a bad memory allocation error. Generally it's been happening more often later in games (around turn 150-160). I'm playing huge map with 10 or so civs. 4gb ram, graphics card, windows XP. Thanks!

Best wishes,

Breunor

It's the same error I posted I think, and I posted a save. And it occurred to me on two different games and every time I load it.

edit:
crash -- load this patch y save, press Enter, crash.
I'm getting a CTD in mid-late game (at least I think it is-I had one after a few turns of a medieval start and another after about 150 turns of a classical start) and I don't know why. It happens about 2 turns after the auto-save I uploaded.
Can't seem to find out what is wrong, I am playing along (well into the game) and then at one point it unceremonisly dumps me out with not so much as a warning, nor an explaination.

Can someone help me? Methinks there's another up date out there somewhere, I ask for it in the game, and it says that I'm current, however, I wonder. I really love this thinking-person's-game very much, so if I could get a reply I would really love it.

I have a chip speed of about 2.79 and 3G of Ram. I have a new video card (GE Force 8500 w/1M on board) and I use windows XP

so yes, there is a problem.

I think this has been reported before. Confirmed that with patch Y, Yggdrasil built with a corn resource on the same square. You don't get the fruits of Yggdrasil or the corn (but you do get a lot of food)!

Yggdrasil is right outside of Dendrom.

This was with 'Splintered Court'; I reported it here because I'm not sure if it is a 'general' bug or if it is related to the map used in the scenario.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Temp.CivBeyondSwordSave
    348.5 KB · Views: 69
I thought the point of the spell was to hire the units in the city he is in. Not sure why the units were hired far away ... perhaps because he was asleep in the city and another unit far away had focus?

Yeah, that is annoying, and was supposedly fixed several patches ago but has been frequently noted since then.

the first time moving a lvl >15 unit into brigits tile was Alazkan (leader was evil, Alazkan had hidden nationality) leading to "Alazkan killed Brigit".
this did, however, grant the "Rescued Brigit" badge, even though it doesn't really conform to my idea of rescuing :)

if evil leaders are not supposed to get her it should not grant the badge, if evil leaders can get her then HN definitely shouldn't kill her.

i admit i am, occasionally, a load/save cheater ^_^
anyway, i noticed something strange with the random seed:
when i save, take some action that causes some random result, load, and take the same action again i get a different random result. but further load attempts with the same savegame net the same result as the first load did.

the "new random seed on load" (not sure how exactly the option is named) option is off.

i had mushrooms growing in the middle of a city. it looks strange, the mushrooms give no benefit and it's probably not meant to be this way.

the only mushrooms that should grow in cities are nuclear ones :nuke:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 94
"Push the man into the werewolf's patch" -> "Push the man into the werewolf's path"

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 80
I'm playing a game aiming for a time victory, one of my favourites in BtS.

I has some discussion about time/score here.

Anyway, i'm on turn 751, based all my strategy on time (future techs and city growth) but i don't have the victory message (it should be at turn 750 on Epic).

Is this VC not working in FfH???

I don't know if this has been reported, but I was just playing a Sidar game and when I cast 'Into the Mist', all my units revered back to the default unit models.

That certainly sounds like a bug, but it's a bug I like. If my invisible units were one model and my regular units were another model, it would make the game a lot easier for me to manage. Keeping track of which units are visible/invisible is tricky for me - especially with Nox Noctis.

the first time moving a lvl >15 unit into brigits tile was Alazkan (leader was evil, Alazkan had hidden nationality) leading to "Alazkan killed Brigit".
this did, however, grant the "Rescued Brigit" badge, even though it doesn't really conform to my idea of rescuing :)

if evil leaders are not supposed to get her it should not grant the badge, if evil leaders can get her then HN definitely shouldn't kill her.

Whenever any unit successfully enters Brigit's square the game will report that that unit has killed Brigit. This is part of the mechanism used by the mod to control Brigit. The unit you see on the map is a Barbarian unit, and it is killed when you enter her square. Then, another Brigit is created which belongs to the player that freed her.

There is no restriction against Evil civs freeing and using Brigit.

However, if the unit that enters Brigit's square has the Hidden Nationality promotion she will be destroyed but no replacement Brigit is awarded to the freeing player. This is the actual problem that you are experiencing. Unless the mod is changed to allow HN units to successfully free Brigit you will need to first declare nationality in order to successfully get Brigit.

When loading a save during a game, I will often get a pop-up with a bad memory allocation error. Generally it's been happening more often later in games (around turn 150-160). I'm playing huge map with 10 or so civs. 4gb ram, graphics card, windows XP. Thanks!

When you say "loading a save during a game" I assume you mean that you're in the mod playing a game and then go to the menu and choose to load another game (same mod) without exiting your current game first.

I recommend that you don't do that. I have experienced a variety of wonkyness when doing that, including corrupted games and units whose graphics are replaced partially or fully by spheres of various colors. Since I have stopped doing that, the wonkyness no longer occurs.

When you need to load a game first exit to the main menu, then load the game from the main menu load option.

It is possible, of course, that something else is causing your problem. I recommend that you try the main menu load technique and then report again if that doesn't eliminate the problem.

Top Bottom