1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jacomanring

jacomanring Chieftain

I just don't get a thing...how can I change those .cpp files? I mean, I tried to open one of them and try to change it through notepad but it cannot be saved! It says it's impossible to create file and something like that...
    I tried with Python but I probably miss something there too...when I open a text file it shows me lines&lines&lines of code completely messed up, I can't get though this...

Do I need a CPP editor & compiler?
    My dumbness amazes me :blush:

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I believe the .cpp files are C++ files which themselves are not part of the game, but which are needed to compile the .dll. Most of us here learned DLL editing from this.

3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

There's still the occasional problem with the interaction between events and wonders that give buildings in all your cities.

In my latest game, playing with patch y, I built the Tower of Eyes, getting a Dungeon in every city. (The Dungeon appears in the various city screens.) I got the farmer-bitten-by-a-wolf event, and the option to toss him in the city's Dungeon was not selectable. So the game didn't accept that I had a Dungeon in that city.

4. mathkim

mathkim Chieftain

Two issues that crahes to Windows.

I played Clan of Ambers with Sheeba. I cast its world spell and while passing to next turn, the game stopped and escaped to Windows.

So ok..I decided not to cast the world spell and kept going to bring Hyborem. After I switched to Hyborem(infernals), the same thing happens: The turn I switched to Hyborem is ok but while passing to the next turn, it crashes to Windows.

In both cases, I tried reloading several times and the problem continues every time.

Odd thing is: I tried Hyborem before with the previous patches and there was no problem then.
    My patch was the one right before the current version(40y). So I patched with 40y and tried again.
    Problem continues.

5. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

When will z be released? Will it break saved games?

Thats just a holdover from the vanilla civ screen.

6. Kael

Kael Deity

It doesnt break save games. It will be sometime this weekend.

7. Alter Ego

Alter Ego Chieftain

Wages of Sin scenario. This game will CTD when the turn is ended - perhaps because the AC will hit 90?

EDIT: It seemed like there could be some general issues here, which is why I didn't post it in the scenario thread.

Attached Files:

8. xalien

xalien Prince

I have a mutated Alazkan and everytime I cast mirror the duplicate receives a random promotion like light, canibalize, amphibious (or nothing).

9. Weltherrscher

Weltherrscher Chieftain

Hello folks, I'm new here. :)

I'm playing with the Illians at present and just have built The Eyes and Ears Network. I received among others all the religious techs and now I'm able to build the various temples. I don't think that this is intended.

Just have a look. It's in German, but the images should be the same ;) :

Attached Files:

10. SwordofStriker

SwordofStriker Prince

You can build temples as the Illians if you have the proper religion in that city. You don't actually have to adopt a religion to build those, so I believe that is working as intended. :)

11. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

No, you need the religious techs to build temples. Agnostic does not allow you to research those and you can't trade them either, so Eyes and Ears Network is the only possibility to get them if you have that trait and I don't think this is intended.

12. Nolan08

Nolan08 Warlord

Why does some games on Vista crash randomly?

I've actually experienced this with Road to War, as well. So far, these have been the only two mods that have crashed randomly on me.

It seems to happen after I minimize Civ IV while playing a game, use the Internet, and then go back to playing FfH/Road to War...and then usually the game crashes, although sometimes it does not...

Anyone know why it would be doing this?

13. Breunor

Breunor Deity

I'm not sure that this is a bug, but I can't figure it out. FfH latest version, patch y. I'm the Amurites. Decius is evil as the Malakim on turn 134. The only religions founded are Fellowship of Leaves and Runes of Kilmorph.

Any idea how this can happen, shouldn't he be neutral?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attached Files:

14. Guale

Guale Warlord

Decius gets a popup at the beginning of each game letting him choose his alignment. The AI seems to choose it at random.

15. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Decius' aligment is selectable. He can be Good, Evil, or Neutral regardless of the nation he leads.

Crosspost.

16. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Ahh, thanks. I didn't realize that it was random for the AI; I just hadn't seen him as evil.

Best wishes,

Breunor

PS Also thanks to Lone Wolf.

17. Raize

Raize Warlord

Cardith Lorda does not automatically convert settlements into cities. In my game right now he's been vassalized, having lost all of his cities. He has two settlements (one of which is his capital); it's been at least 15 turns and he hasn't made one of them a city yet.

18. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

patch z has more new art than any that I've ever seen. I mostly play FF, so new art is the main thing I benefit from.

bring on patch z woo!

19. Khai

Khai Warlord

Also looking forward to Patch Z before starting my next game!

20. Wodan

Wodan Deity

The emphasize hammer button doesn't seem to be working.