FfH2 Bug Thread

So what's technically going on with the leaderheads?

Dont know. I'll probably make a test patch tonight with just one leader in it to see if that fixes the issue. Its hard to troubleshoot these issues that I cant reproduce.

Sorry if i ask here, but can anyone please tell me how to reactivate Blue Marble? Ten Pages before, it was said to just copy the files to the new Modfolder. But which files exactly? I have wasted too much time to find it out myself, so maybe anyone can help me (and all the others, that love BM, too.)?

Hello and thanks for the new version of this great mod!

I found a bug playing 0.41 and attached a savegame that crashes when you end your turn. There is something wrong with one of my cities (Kadar). It seems to be producing dwarven smithy but the city screen is somehow messed up and you can't change production or see any city statistics etc.

When the smithy is completed, and the city screen is out of order, you get a CTD. Hope this helps in your bug fixing efforts!

Edit: Made some more experiments; if I choose another city screen and change to Kadar screen via arrow keys, I can change production to something else and the Kadar city screen comes back to normal. Unfortunately, if I re-select dwarven smithy, the city screen goes messed up again and CTD follows. So maybe it's the dwarven smithy building itself that's somehow bugged?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0296.CivBeyondSwordSave
    325 KB · Views: 96
If we did not experience problems with the original 0.41 download, do we have to download the whole thing again or just apply future patches to that?

If we did not experience problems with the original 0.41 download, do we have to download the whole thing again or just apply future patches to that?

The only problem you are going to notice is that your cottages will dissapear if you have a state religion.

Test patch for the leaderhead picture issue. Could some who has the leaderhead issue try the following:

1. Verify that your leaderhead picture of Alexis is messed up.
2. Apply the below patch.
3. Check your picture of Alexis and see if this fixed it (only Alexis is fixed in the patch, Id expect the other leaders to still be messed up).

Download: http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/FfH2test.exe

.41.1, the leaderheads are still blank under "PLAY NOW" and during the start of the scenarios. .40z was rock solid for me.

Hmm...and that won't be covered in future patches?

(Maybe I should bring my laptop with me to school tomorrow, as what took almost 2 hours here could be handled in 15 minutes there. Hopefully it won't be too hot to safely leave it in the car--on the other hand, maybe I want it to break now since there is only a month left on the warranty and if it doesn't break before that I would have a chance to get almost $1800 back with which I could afford to buy 2 much better computers.)

Test patch for the leaderhead picture issue. Could some who has the leaderhead issue try the following:

1. Verify that your leaderhead picture of Alexis is messed up.
2. Apply the below patch.
3. Check your picture of Alexis and see if this fixed it (only Alexis is fixed in the patch, Id expect the other leaders to still be messed up).

Download: http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/FfH2test.exe

Fixes it (well Alexis) for me

For reference I had the "couldn't find 3.17" issue too (I also only have civ on the current user) - new version got past that.

Attachments

• Alexis1.bmp
    378.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Alexis2.bmp
    399 KB · Views: 92
Fixes it (well Alexis) for me

For reference I had the "couldn't find 3.17" issue too (I also only have civ on the current user) - new version got past that.

You are awesome, thanks Skitters.

actually - I spoke too soon - just launched as Alexis and got;

This was a custom start up, where I'd specified Alexis. The previous screenies were from a normal start up

Edit 1: on reflection this is a second issue - doesn't mean Alexis' LH isn't working in game, it's just for some bizarre reason I started as a minor leader instead.

Edit 2: indeed, a normal start up gave me Alexis and her correct LH

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 150
has there even been time to make a modmod? ;)

No - this is the new, unadultered, version.

For reference I just quickly died in the normal alexis game (selecting one too many lairs spawning nasty big barbs), this gave the Alexis LH correctly in the death screen

Ah. I asked because I've never seen that leader before, and thought perhaps it was from a modmod.

The game crashes when trying to load this save. Autosave games crash as well. I can load other saves from a hundred turns or so earlier, though.

Attachments

• Alexis AD-0610.CivBeyondSwordSave
    635.1 KB · Views: 111
@AMBusam & Ambreville: I am able to successfully load your saves.

I had a problem like the one you two describe, and was able to resolve it by downloading the new version of the 0.41 installer. You can recognize the new version because the file is called "FallFromHeaven2.1.exe".

Update: The latest installer is called "FallFromHeaven2.exe", just like the original download. If you are experiencing this problem then toss out your old installer, redownload the installer and reinstall the mod.

I found a bug playing 0.41 and attached a savegame that crashes when you end your turn. There is something wrong with one of my cities (Kadar). It seems to be producing dwarven smithy but the city screen is somehow messed up and you can't change production or see any city statistics etc.

When the smithy is completed, and the city screen is out of order, you get a CTD. Hope this helps in your bug fixing efforts!

Edit: Made some more experiments; if I choose another city screen and change to Kadar screen via arrow keys, I can change production to something else and the Kadar city screen comes back to normal. Unfortunately, if I re-select dwarven smithy, the city screen goes messed up again and CTD follows. So maybe it's the dwarven smithy building itself that's somehow bugged?

I have the same problem with your save, and was able to reproduce the problem in a new game. The city screen becomes bugged once you start building a smithy, and the game will crash the turn it is completed.

Top Bottom