FfH2 Bug Thread

The new patch is currently awaiting autorization.

The attached auto-save crashes FFH every time it loads, for me. It's 0.41. (I've also had a few non-repeatable crashes with 0.41 so far. OTOH, 0.40z was rock solid for me.)

It still awaits autorization...

I'd sure like to download .41 but it "requires authorization". D'you have any mirrors for me?

The ModDb.com web site clearly says: " Authorisation can take a couple of days ..."
This site contains also the mirror list (c.f. steampunk1880) and it should be unlocked when the file is opened by moddb.com - I hope -...
It means that we have to be prepared for the wait, perhaps until Tuesday evening or Wednesday at worst.
I am currently downloading a file at Filefront.com (http://browse.files.filefront.com/C...all+From+Heaven+II/;2339032;/browsefiles.html)
I do not know if it is the new one or the old one. The date on the site (12/18/2008) means nothing as it can simply be the date the file with this name was 1st uploaded, and not necessarily the date this file was last updated (same problem on civfanatics download pages, with "Jul 23 2006"!). The file refered on the page point to the same file given by moddb.com link 12 hours ago...

Kael, can you publish the MD5 / SHA1 key for each (big) file you upload? (and to a place where you do not need to "sign-in" for more spam...)

Game crashed during map reveal after purchasing world map from an AI. Reload from autosave crashes after load progress bar completes and disappears but before black screen clears. Numerous prior manual saves also crash in the same way on reload.

In the game I started out with FoL, then switched to CoE, and then back to FoL. The only manual saves that are able to load successfully are those from before I switched to CoE. The saves I made while in CoE and those made after returning to FoL all crash on load.

Spoiler additional and probably irrelevant information :
I had installed 0.41 + media pack, with movies enabled. I did not have the leaderhead problem others have reported. After problem occurred I tried disabling movies, and also removed FfH2 and reinstalled 0.41 (w/o media pack) - no change.
Once the new version of 0.41 is available I'll try installing that to see if the problem resolves.

Update: Reinstalled with 0.41.1 and am now able to successfully load into those saves which were malfunctioning previously. Also, the original problem (crash upon purchasing AI world map) has been resolved as well.

Had the issue with the leaderheads myself, thought the gfx-file was corrupted or something. 1st 25% ok, then the gfx gets randomly scrambled, weird.
Waiting for the new version to dl, to see if the problem still exists.

Awaiting authorization!

All I have is the cottage issue (after I fixed the missing reg key). Will this also be fixed in a .41a patch?

I have started a game as the Elohim and later switched to Basium because I wanted to try out the Mercurians. Some turns after switching a CtD occured, but was gone after reloading an auto-save from a turn before. I then saved the game after 20 more turns. Now I even can't load the save anymore - upon finishing the game has a CtD. Damn, I looked forward to smashing the Clan of Embers with Angels of Death soon :( . Can you look into it Kael? Savegame attached, the version is 0.41, before the update Kael made.

:egypt:

I got the event where a city is built over a former Patrian site and it gives you the option to displace people to excavate, or leave it alone. The option to excavate was grayed out with no explanation as to why.

Leaderheads are still fractured for me. See attachment.

Only instead of 3 AM TV in the bottom, which others had reported, it's now a corrupted part of another leader.

What can be the reason of that? Maybe it's all Faeryl's illusions?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 162
The leaderhead corruption seems semi-random. Next time I looked at Faeryl, the lower half of her image was a fragmented Ethne, next time it was 3 AM TV with Hippus and Elohim flags mixed in.

it will be fixed in complete new main download

Except that I'm not interested in downloading another 300 meg file for just some cottage visuals, so I'd like to know if this fix will also be included in the first patch.

Except that I'm not interested in downloading another 300 meg file for just some cottage visuals, so I'd like to know if this fix will also be included in the first patch.

I dont think so. It would boost all the patches by a considerable amount. Better that a few people download the whole mod then everyone download these in every patch forever. I know it is a bit of a pain for you, but all your patches will be smaller because of this, so in the end it will be less downloading (Im trying to avoid the 0.40 25 meg patches).

I got the event where a city is built over a former Patrian site and it gives you the option to displace people to excavate, or leave it alone. The option to excavate was grayed out with no explanation as to why.

It is difficult to qualify for that event option. The city must be large enough to support rush-buying with three population points, and I believe the civ leader must be either neutral or evil. There may also be other requirements as well.

So what's technically going on with the leaderheads?

Top Bottom