FfH2 Roleplaying Games [Thread III]

I don't feel it was a mistake. We could had had a nice strategic alliance. The mistake was to DoW on Celestial Alliance, however. You should have turtle a bit is such circumstances. :)

i have to get used on MP politics .. xD

i have to get used on MP politics .. xD
Alternatively, if you joined me, all your troop losses would have benefited your allies instead of your enemies :lol: Just a little consideration for next game. Bill is right though, if you did decided to help Clan you should have turtled. Not that I'm complaining, you gave me a really nice army.

Ljosalfar(me), Calabim, Sidar, Elohim, Clan, Bannor, Hippus, Lanun, Khazad ... nice large game :D
Large map, quick speed, Pangea, all victories except Cultural and Religious

Interesting game right now ... I'm playing as Ljosalfar and i'm __not losing__ ... :D wow!

edit: got FoL shrine, yay! and i'm first in scoreboard
edit2: Khazad wiped out by Bannor due war for HolyCity of Kilmorph (Bannor found it few turns before Khazad), still first in score board
edit3: Clan is in war with Elohim and Hippus ... and they ((Clan)) are quite down in scoreboard
edit4: Calabim (with most powerful army, and FoL religion) attacked Sidar (with CoE religion)... they had no chance, still first in scoreboard
edit5: Sidar wiped out, FoL block (me and Calabim) formed permanent alliance (i had no choice), now we against rest of map ... hehe, it's going epic, and definitely first in scoreboard ... :D
edit6: Clan made peace
edit7: freeze and rehost
edit8: Bannor spawned Basium
edit9: war is near ... building road to Bannor through Neverending Jungle ... (( and Acheron just spawned, no ))
edit10: Elohim and Hippus formed pernament alliance and declared war to Lanun (( < already AI ))
edit11: i provoked with that hunter with hawk so long, until they DoW us ... :DD
edit12: I'm running away with Gilden and 6 workers from Basium and Valin
edit13: We strike back! wow, we killed Donal Lugh
edit14: I finally have whole map ... damn large ...
edit15: To-i-dont-know-how-to-spell-it is ours!!! We killed Basium and Valin ... :D
edit16: unfortunately i have to go ... ):

damn interesting game ... and I was almost all the time on top of scoreboard ... :D :D ... cool!!

Yes, I used my massive army to bully the Elves into a permanent alliance, to gain the benefit of the Elven' economy and land, without the maintenance costs.

I built death nodes in the Elven land, (and my own) in order to have a total of 4 death mana for the spectres of my vampires. once I got Ironworking (and had built up a fair amount of vampires) I started marching, and ended up killing Donal first, as he was blitzing in order to kill workers and Gilden. I then stole the empty Bier and attached it to a Moroi (to have a whopping 8 defensive strength) while the Orthus Axe was on my War Leader of the Calabim (a vampire). I had quite a few combat promos on a few of the vampires, so my spectres were all around nicely strong, at str 7 with at least one or two empowers.

I also had a large contingent of Catapults, who accompanied my stack. Once I got close to Bannor lands (and the angels) I used my vampires to summon a fleet of skellingtons to help with defense and overall stack strength.

Once at the capital, I summoned all spectres, and gave them blur (from my adept) and then used catapults to weaken the enemy stack. After the Spectres all attacked, their were some still alive, after all the Moroi attacked, there were some still alive. Finally My vampires themselves finished the fight, killing Valin and Basium in the process.

I did not participate in the game, but I am cautious of your oppinions on permanent alliances in MP games.
It seems it gives huge advantage, comparible with eg. taking lower difficulty level (one plays at 'noble', while all the others 'monarch').
My proposal is to disable this option or to allow it only on Armageddon. Thoughts?

My proposal is to disable this option or to allow it only on Armageddon. Thoughts?

Well ... yeah, i agree. And i also suggest not to play on maps larger than standard no matter how many players are playing ...

In this game I played Sabathiel of Bannor. I'll list my points.

1. I started out high in tech this game but eventually fell to third place. I don't feel that I did too bad in tech, but being far behind cost me.

2. I had Crusaders and Command post building stuff going on. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared for that many Str 7 Spectres.

3. If Tech Trading is off, then Perm alliances has to be off. When the top two civs in techs combine, that's way too much for the 3rd in tech to compete

4. When facing Vampires I need to remember to expect a big stack of doom coming and huge stacks of expendable spectres.

5. With some more turns before the Vampires got Iron Working, I might have been able to make a better stand

6. Large map wasn't too bad except for placement. There was a huge swath of land to my east that was unused, and 5 civs to the west of me.

7. RP names need to be enforced

8. Need to be a little stricted upfront about the need to roleplay esp. with lots of people

9. Turn Timer of Medium is probably too slow for 9 people.

7. RP names need to be enforced
Agreed!

8. Need to be a little stricted upfront about the need to roleplay esp. with lots of people
What do you mean?

I thought about something. Would have Mages with Life II (Destroy Undead) been a good thing to oppose Calabim? If so, I could have created a bunch of them but I didn't got KotE at all. Never thought of that ingame.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make next week's game. I'm going to visit my parents for the weekend, so you know... Real > Game.

I thought about something. Would have Mages with Life II (Destroy Undead) been a good thing to oppose Calabim? If so, I could have created a bunch of them but I didn't got KotE at all. Never thought of that ingame.
They would have been excellent, though tricky to use. For a start, you would have to cast Destroy Undead after the Calabim summoned them, but before they attacked. This could be difficult, because you would have to move next the the stack and cast, when the vampires were usually two spaces away(because Spectres have two movement). Malstrom would have also been very helpful, just two would bring them down to 70% health,(including catapults), which would have reduced the catapults withdraw chance from 80% to around 50%.

I think a Medium turn timer is far too long. Sometimes, players can use the whole thing while in war, but most of the time it just slows the game down because someone forgot to hit enter. As far as the other options, this is what I think they should be for future games:

1) Tech Trading/Permanent Alliances: Bill Bisco is right, if Permanent Alliances are on, then Tech Trading needs to be on as well. I would prefer Permanent Alliances to be o ff though. The strength of two allied, full civilizations is nearly unstoppable. True, Basium allies with the civilization that summons him, but that is a much weaker alliance(Basium starts with one settler and a couple angels, which while nice, isn't nearly as powerful as a full-strength civilization that has been in since the start of the game). Plus, the civilization that summons him could have been in an alliance already - this would result in a three person alliance.

2) City Razing: This option shoudl be turned off, but city razing should still be forbidden unless there is a good RP reason. What I mean by this; It makes no sense that Basium or Bannor cannot raze AV cities. It makes no sense that Sheaim or Svartfalfar cannot raze whatever they want to. It makes so sense that centeral civilizations(Khazad, Kuriotates) are required to keep any outlying cities they capture. I think that razing should be allowed, as long as it is RPed.

Turn timer: I think 'medium' is perfectly OK. It is just a price we pay for RP game. If we set quicker tt, game becomes hectic, and I feel pressed to use all the time for technical aspect of the game, neglecting RP part.
What we need is just more discipline in pressing ENTER.

yea, sometimes there is too much extra crap, and I end up having to press the AC button to end the turn. If that is what it takes, then I suggest other people do the same (cause that extra stuff is really only important in the early game)

Oh nice, another game ... this time standard size pangea
I play as Ljosalfar again ... :) ... this time PA is disabled
plays: Ljosalfar (me), Keelyn, Doveillo, Khazad, Kuriotates, Luchuirp
Raging barbs, barb world ...

edit:
Hmm ... Opy was destroyed in turn 0, so we restarted game
I changed my civ to Elohim (leaded by my mighty Giraffe, Peaceful one), others are: Balseraphs, Doivello, Khazad, Luchuirp, Kuriotates, Svaltarfarl, Sheaim (AI since start)

and waiting ...

edit2: I have nice place ... :)
edit3: Not so nice ... next to Svaltarfal and Doveillo
edit4: Hmmm ... Doivello DoW me
edit5: Huh, Lucian and bunch of units ... mobilization
edit6: Sucessfully repelled ... Lucian dead ... :D ... Peace for not killing animals ... strange, but why not
edit7: Khazad spawned Basium
edit8: Doveillo destroyed ... and i finally met Bals and Khazad
edit9: i popped Azer - oops! Sanctuary!!
edit10: Svaltarfal player quitted => mass war against them ... :D
edit11: Opy left
edit12: Game was too boring ... I left the game

Ok, ok, is anyone around for an FFH game? I suppose the general consensus is RP ... large map FFA on emperor for the AIs is also an interesting concept. Either way, there are three of us currently hanging around on hamachi. Bonjerno! ;)

Sorry about today guys, my two-month old 'gaming laptop' can't even handle several-year old Civ. Next week I'll have my desktop again, so everything should be fine and dandy.

Nice sunday game, the Tuskan Hill Tribe fought to the last even when betrayed by both sides...

Top Bottom