FfHII 0.11 Bugs

Woops scratch that, but am I suposed to get those text_something_orc_unit messages under tips and such?

Hi, got a CTD when I end turn. Thought it might be a graphics problem with the port I finished building that turn but if you watch the city you can see the port appear just fine. File attached - hope this helps.

BeefontheBone said:
EDIT: Orcish Slave appears as a red blob rather than a model. And can't be put to sleep. It also displays the bottom part of the interface the same as whatever unit was last selected.

Same for me.

Also, charm person doesn't seem to work.

I think that the balseraph catapult should require you having cows.

The Priest of Leaves' Bloom ability seems not to work...an animation and sound effect appear but it does not leave any visible forest.

EDIT: The ring of flames? (Fire spell lv 2?) does not appear to actually cause any damage, does it have a low accuracy rate or is it just not working? I tried it three times to no effect.

EDIT EDIT: There is no rollover tip for the Arcane or Summoner traits on the leader select screen.

The vampire governor concept appears to be broken. After building the governor's mansion, you can't assign a citizen to be a vampire governor.

Actually I am not sure if I should report this here but I'll give it a try ;)

I used the provided editor to change some handicap settings and when I wanted to export these I ended up with an error message within the VB-code.
On opening the debugger the following line was marked
Code:
Open "Assets/xml/gameinfo/CIV4HandicapInfo.xml" For Output As #1
Obviously the sheet wasn't able to open the respective file.
Going back to the "old" editor for 1.00 I saw some differences and changed it to the following:
Code:
Open ThisWorkbook.Path & "/Assets/xml/gameinfo/CIV4HandicapInfo.xml" For Output As #1
This allowed me to export the changes.
Actually the open-command is the same in the buttons on all sheets so these might need an update.

*begs not to be punished for posting this here as it is no real gameing bug*

dark elves and mercurians are not playable, but when I started a game they are both listed among the AI civs, with the leader "random". I didn't seem to find them on the map though, I think they might not be there. I can't check for sure because it's a multiplayer game.

update: they are there. I just can't play those civs though.

edit: I play a summoner civ and summoned a skeleton which is not vanishing. Not sure if the skeleton should go after 1 turn (3 for summoners) or not.

I don't know if this is intentional or a bug:

- Orthus seems pretty peacefull in this version (actually both of them are just sitting around in the city they were created in and wait for your first hero to butcher them. Even though they could have destroyed all my cities they just bothered to attack weak unit close to their city - then went back) (played on prince difficulty)

Bugs:

1. I can't see flags on units - they're all white so I have to hover the pointer over them to check to whom they belong
2. Some leaders greet me using vanilla's Isabella's text.
3. Race specific units upgrade to default units instead of their race (ex. orc spearman -> axeman, instead of orc axeman)
4. Alingment seem to be broken - they work only when one adopts a religion and before that everyone is 'neutral'.
5. The Spire wonder (aka the Spiral Tower) doesn't give any money - probably because all the temples aren't tagged as 'religious buildings) [as you may recall, there was this problem with Spiritual trait not halving the time of temple construction. You went around that but there's still problem with the wonder]
6. How do walls work? I built a pallisade and it didn't increase my city's defence at all. The same was with a wall and a wall of stone (spell). Are they broken or do they work in a more mysterious way than in vanilla?
7. One more thing: religion specific heroes (and I'd believe other as well) can get The Cult of the Dragon promotion. It was amusing when I found out my Rosier the Fallen followed both the Cult and Ashen Veil. I don't think it should be that way though.

That's it for now

Cheers

BeefontheBone said:
Oooh, just got a CTD when trading with an AI player for his world map (and some tech - my Sanitation for his Astronomy). Will see if it repeats when I load the autosave tomorrow.

Couldn't reproduce that one - I think it was just Civ being a memory hog.

The tooltip text for Pack of the Thingummies is the whole description from the pedia (and I still don't know what it does - haven't built it yet).

@Chamm: If it's like vanilla, you get the larger of the tile or culture defence bonuses, not both - you should get the benefit in low-culture cities. Not actually tried it, though.

WiegrafFolles said:
The Priest of Leaves' Bloom ability seems not to work...an animation and sound effect appear but it does not leave any visible forest.

Yeah, it drops a "new forest" which takes a few turns to turn into a real forest. There isn't a graphic assigned to a new forest yet so it looks like it doesn't do anything. We need to get one added.

EDIT: The ring of flames? (Fire spell lv 2?) does not appear to actually cause any damage, does it have a low accuracy rate or is it just not working? I tried it three times to no effect.

Ill check it.

I play a summoner civ and summoned a skeleton which is not vanishing. Not sure if the skeleton should go after 1 turn (3 for summoners) or not.

Skeletons are not supposed to vanish. They stay until they die, but you can only have 1 per caster. The same applies to Summon Tiger and Summon Kraken.

Some leaders greet me using vanilla's Isabella's text.

Not all the new dialogue is finished, so we sometimes use dialogue from vanilla as placeholder.

The tooltip text for Pack of the Thingummies is the whole description from the pedia (and I still don't know what it does - haven't built it yet).

Yes, the tooltip needs to be fixed. The wonder gives you three strength 6 Hill Giants for free.

update: they are there. I just can't play those civs though.

I think they're supposed to be unplayable, but there's not much incentive to play them anyway, as most of them haven't gotten any special civ-specific stuff yet.

4. Alingment seem to be broken - they work only when one adopts a religion and before that everyone is 'neutral'.

Odd. They worked fine in the last version before official release. Are you certain the civs around you doesn't just happen to be among the neutral civs?

I am getting Out of Sync errors when casting targeted spells (i.e. Charm). The person I am playing with sees the spell target selection box as well. Otherwise, so far, it works like a charm.

onedreamer said:
dark elves and mercurians are not playable, but when I started a game they are both listed among the AI civs, with the leader "random". I didn't seem to find them on the map though, I think they might not be there. I can't check for sure because it's a multiplayer game.

They are AI only civs right now.

edit: I play a summoner civ and summoned a skeleton which is not vanishing. Not sure if the skeleton should go after 1 turn (3 for summoners) or not.

Skeletons (along with Tigers and Krakens) last forever. But you can only have 1 per caster, so until the skeleton dies you won't be able to summon a new one.

Frozen-Vomit said:
I don't know if this is intentional or a bug:

- Orthus seems pretty peacefull in this version (actually both of them are just sitting around in the city they were created in and wait for your first hero to butcher them. Even though they could have destroyed all my cities they just bothered to attack weak unit close to their city - then went back) (played on prince difficulty)

Yeah, that will be fixed in the next patch.

Chammadai said:
Bugs:

1. I can't see flags on units - they're all white so I have to hover the pointer over them to check to whom they belong

Which civ?

2. Some leaders greet me using vanilla's Isabella's text.

Yeah im behind on diplomacy text.

3. Race specific units upgrade to default units instead of their race (ex. orc spearman -> axeman, instead of orc axeman)

Ill check it out.

Ill check it out.

5. The Spire wonder (aka the Spiral Tower) doesn't give any money - probably because all the temples aren't tagged as 'religious buildings) [as you may recall, there was this problem with Spiritual trait not halving the time of temple construction. You went around that but there's still problem with the wonder]

Ill check it out.

6. How do walls work? I built a pallisade and it didn't increase my city's defence at all. The same was with a wall and a wall of stone (spell). Are they broken or do they work in a more mysterious way than in vanilla?

They should just adjust the city defence. Nothing special.

7. One more thing: religion specific heroes (and I'd believe other as well) can get The Cult of the Dragon promotion. It was amusing when I found out my Rosier the Fallen followed both the Cult and Ashen Veil. I don't think it should be that way though.

Good point, Ill block units that already have a religios affiliation.

BeefontheBone said:
Couldn't reproduce that one - I think it was just Civ being a memory hog.

Ill fix it.

Top Bottom