FfHII 0.11 Bugs

I have a consistent CTD after ending this turn. I believe it may be related to finishing researching the tech that allows summoners and my having a level 14 or 15 vampiric conjurer.

2 bugs.

Playing as Khazad I had a dwarvern warhammer build a mine, and I didnt check how many turns it would take. About 5 turns later I checked and it said 2147483647 turns.

In that same game,I built the Pack of Nilhorn and got the 3 giants. Later I was at war with the Infernal and sent one giant in to his territory to attack a worker, but instead of killing the worker they both shared the same square and nothing happened. I was not doing this to declare war, war had already been declared so this is a bug.

darkonion said:
I'm about to build the Infernal Gilmore wonder in this file and it crashes on me... plz find out why and fix... and yes, i no i cheated usin the world builder but i wanted to get up there as fast as i could cause in my last file i didnt save... and there is no civic that lets u spend gold to finish a product... is that intentional or a bug?

kael... have u fixed this yet?

Kael said:

thanx... and another thing... have u set it up so that i can ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT A TECH/UNIT/BUILDING/WONDER/CIVIC/PROMOTION and most importantly TRAIT does? i mean... IM SOOOOO FRUSTATED just trying to guess what somthing does...

darkonion said:
thanx... and another thing... have u set it up so that i can ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT A TECH/UNIT/BUILDING/WONDER/CIVIC/PROMOTION and most importantly TRAIT does? i mean... IM SOOOOO FRUSTATED just trying to guess what somthing does...

I would suggest reading the first post of threads here allocated to each of those topics. Keep in mind that this is a playtest version of the mod, not a finished product. If you would like to be a part of the beta then feel free to play but some of the polish you would like to see does not exist yet. if you would like a more finished product I would recommend Fall from Heaven 1.

Kael said:
I would suggest reading the first post of threads here allocated to each of those topics. Keep in mind that this is a playtest version of the mod, not a finished product. If you would like to be a part of the beta then feel free to play but some of the polish you would like to see does not exist yet. if you would like a more finished product I would recommend Fall from Heaven 1.

yes i no... but FfH1 DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE to what FfH2 offers... im just letting u no that i cant really test much if i dont no what something does...

EDIT: i just looked over the main forums and THERE IS NOTHING THAT EXPLAINS WHAT THE NEW TRAITS DOOOOO... ive stopped playing FfH for now BECAUSE i dont no what leader has what BECAUSE there is nothing that tells me what they do (the traits)...

darkonion said:
yes i no... but FfH1 DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE to what FfH2 offers... im just letting u no that i cant really test much if i dont no what something does...

EDIT: i just looked over the main forums and THERE IS NOTHING THAT EXPLAINS WHAT THE NEW TRAITS DOOOOO... ive stopped playing FfH for now BECAUSE i dont no what leader has what BECAUSE there is nothing that tells me what they do (the traits)...

How about that Thread?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159364

I have played dozens of CIV4 vanilla games and your great mod too. This is the first time I ever saw one of the AI civs allied with the barbarians. ;)

I like to have two games of FFH going at the same time. One a regular game at marathon speed. Then, for more action I like to play what I call Barbarian Invasion. I choose a huge map with one less civ (9) at Prince, set it for Raging Barbarians and sit back and watch 'em come. It is a different strategy entirely as those who try to expand quickly are soon overrun by the barbarian hoards. I usually get only 1-2 cities established to protect with their improvements. It is really then a matter of watching the AI civs go down one by one while you fight off the stacks of barbarians. Those Lizard Men buggers are particularly a nuisance as they sit in small lakes off my cities and attack while I cannot get to them:cry:

Anyway, today I was playing my favorite civ, Hippus, with those great Raider units. I had a real job on my hands as Orthus came a knockin' at my door early with a stack of 20+ of his cronies. I dispatched them and got his axe. I was feeling really good about myself until I noticed something I had never seen before.

The civ next to me was Jonas Endain. It had built a city just next to mine. I noticed all the other civs had been wiped out by the barbarians. Nothing new there. However, I also noticed that the suckers were bypassing Jonas cities and improvements and just coming for me... in waves I had not seen before. The biggest stack was in the 40s.

But, here's what really got me...

I noticed not only did the barbs ignore Jonas' units, but they even SHARED SAME TILES. Huh? Although we were definitely not at war and Jonas did not attack me, he appeared to be allied with the barbs.

I'm not sure of the race of Jonas Endain, but the units looked the same as the barbarians - Orc Spearmen anyway.

Needless to say, this game is not very winnable as Jonas is free to build up his civ while I get the pleasure of defending again 40+ stacks of barbs.

A bug, or is it possible for a civ to ally with barbarians?

Anyway, thanks Kael to you and your team for the great mod. I am a retired American diplomat living in Bangkok, Thailand and your mod has really made my retirement much more enjoyable. :lol: :lol:

Hi Sarisin,

I think I can answer that for you, the trait 'barbarian' means that you are at peace with the barbarians. Have a look here for an overview:

Probably on such a map it is very unbalanced, as you say.

dreiche2 said:
Hi Sarisin,

I think I can answer that for you, the trait 'barbarian' means that you are at peace with the barbarians. Have a look here for an overview:

Probably on such a map it is very unbalanced, as you say.

Yep, you are correct - that is, the last AI Civ, Jonas Endain, is at peace with the barbarians, not me. That explains why they are only attacking me and sharing tiles with him. As I said, time to give up on this game as I cannot deal with all the barbs while the AI is free to expand its civ.

Thanks for the heads up and I apologize for putting this in the bugs forum as it is not a bug.

So much to learn in this mod, and so much fun doing it!:)

Top Bottom