Final Fantasy Mod Progress Thread, Part III

Thanks for the info... Fire Shrine would be PERFECT for an Ifrit summon... And I was right about Baron Castle being what I should use for the SW, and Summoning Pacts would be good for the tech name...

As for Garuda, you wouldn't happen to know what area that takes place at/in? If so, I'll use that as the SW name and google images I could use for a wonder splash.

that's enough for me to work with... I'll see if I can find some outstanding structural stuff there related to the Garuda Quest.....

Okay guys, some more progress:

I've finally finished up the pedia icon and civilopedia entries for all the texts (although the descriptive text in the civilopedia.txt file are very brief.....), and I've decided to do the units before the buildings....

...Which makes sense when you think about it: Why put all the buildings in, then edit the unit list, then go back and edit the buildings that auto-produce units when you could just add all the units, then add the buildings and assign the proper unit to the building and be done with it.

That being said, I do have 1 last Tech bit to clear up:

I've decided to eliminate Communism from the game, since no FF game has ever had any society under a communist government, and I'm replacing it with a government for neutral civs called "Constitutional Monarchy," since there were several of those in the series.

The stats for Constitutional Monarchy are essentially an upgraded version of Feudalism... I.e. towns have higher unit support than cities and metropolises, unit support cost is 3 gil per turn, but buildings do not require upkeep, corrpution is collective (like communism and this mod's version of democracy), WW is not an issue, and you can pay your citizens to rush stuff (plus you get an as-of-yet-unnamed SW that acts as a second FP that produces a TBD free unit... Most likely some kind of Royal Guard type unit that has almost identical stats to a Dragoon but 0 maint. costs).

Anyways, what I want to know is what would be a good icon for the Constitutional Monarchy? Did Ukas or one of them make such an icon, or do you think the Oligarchy icon from the Conquests would look work?

Now on to the units:

Here are the units I still need to fill, which, due to time constraints, I'll be using placeholders for:

Code:
Unit:                          Placeholder GFX:
Black Mage                            ?
Red Mage                              ?
Sword-Chucks, Yo!                 ?
Enterprise Airship                    ?
Estar Soldier                          I dunno, maybe ND's Alien Trooper?
Burmecian dragon knight          Perhaps one of the Skaven units could fill in?
Puppet                                 Plot's Voodoo Doll
Pirate Airship (Balthiers ship)     V-19 Torrent Fighter

Please let me know what you think would work for the ? units and what would work better for the ones I already have some idea what to use. I'll be using Plots's hobbits to fill out the Taru-Taru flavor unit lineup for the Federation of windhurst, and I'll add the Mithra worker when a later version comes out (since workers are easy to add... They don't mess up any upgrade paths or stealth-attack target lists, since I don't allow SA units to stealth workers, artillery, king units or settlers).

Oh, and last, but not least, here's a quick preview of my up-and-coming Emperor Paramekia LH:

well, I guess I could use some random mages (like plot's wizards) for placeholders for the Red mage and Black Mage units, and the firaxis samurai for the Zodiac Kenshidoist and probably use my Fallout airship for the enterprise.....

Anyways, I'm working on my Paramekia LH right now (adding the circlet and other doo-dads to his hair, and seeing about re-texturing his clothes).

Oh yeah. Black mage... That'll be out eventually, ;). Any places where I could find some good free magic effects for Poser?

I dunno... I generally just C&P magic effects in with such units (generally use Kinboat's spell attacks, Aaglo's spells or even my Meteor attack animation to represent "flare")... Perhaps, considering that this IS Black Mage, maybe C&P the Tactical Nuke animation in for the attack?:lol:

Ok, quick update:

I've started adding units (and moving the modern-era ones around to the appropriate techs, since I now have the modern-era tech tree set up), and here's what I've come up with for placeholders:

Code:
Unit:                          Placeholder GFX:
Black Mage                            Plot's Oriental Enchanter
Red Mage                              Sorceror TOT conversion
Zodiac Kenshidoist                  Rob's Norman Swordsman from AD
Enterprise Airship                   The Brotherhood of Steel airship I made for the FO mod
Estar Soldier                          ND's Alien Trooper
Burmecian dragon knight          Skaven Stormvermin Warrior
Puppet                                 Plot's Voodoo Doll
Pirate Airship (Balthiers ship)     V-19 Torrent Fighter

That should set the UU's. Most of the flavor units are already set, so no worries there! (well, except for the dwarves unique dragoon unit line, but that can wait, since I'll be replacing the entire dragoon lineup with the dwarf ones).

I've also finished downloading all the summoned units/placeholders.

For the Good civs "merc army" unit (basically an Munit that has high HP and fairly high att and def), I'm using my FF hero party Munit, which is called a Hero Party. Evil Civs have a Barbarian Horde unit that uses Kinboat's golden Horde graphics, and I'll be making an Asian merc-type army for the neutral civs' Mercenary Army unit. The buildings that auto-produce these units will also act as a pentagon (increase the number of units an army can hold) for the respective alignments.

Well, I hate to put any solid date down, due to the fact that every time I set a firm date, that deadline went whooshing by, but I'd say another 4 weeks, give or take.

I just need to finish adding the units, then scrounge up any buildings I need and add them. After that, a quick play session or two to make sure I don't have any glaring civilopedia errors with the buildings and techs, and It'll be out.

Slight update:

I've decided to make the Constitutional Monarchy government's second FP type SW Igros Castle (where Ramza's family is from), and it will autoproduce a unit called a "Crown Guard" every 5 turns, which has similar stats to a Dragoon, but is essentially available 1 age early and has 0 maint cost. I'm using UtahJazz7's Qin soldier for the graphics.

Now if someone will kindly show me where I could get some screenshots of Igros Castle.....

Also, I've had a brilliant flash of insight: I finally figured out what to give the evil civs instead of a church improvement, and add some interesting bits to playing as evil factions (this is actually probably needed, since their best government is xenophobic): I've decided to give the "evil" tech the ability to allow sacrifices, but I'm re-naming sacrifice to "transform into a Fayth" (from how people in FF X could be turned into a stone statue with their soul bound to it, and thereby allow summoners who have made a pact with them to call on Aeons) to boost culture, and their improvement would be called a Yevon Temple, which would have the same cost and culture as a Church, but would have 1 less happy face (Imperialism has the highest MP rate, and it also has no WW, so it kind of balances out there) and double the culture gained from transforming a captured unit into a fayth....

This of course would really be accurate, considering that the Church of Yevon is one of the evil civs. Also, the tech, which is currenly called "dark arts" or something like that, will be subsequently re-named "The Teachings of Yevon" or "the Way of Yevon" and the great wonder (which will double the effect of yevon temples) will either be the Luca Temple or Bevelle Temple. In addition, the tech will allow Conjurer's towers which will generate Maesters (Plot's Necromancer), which can "enslave" defeated enemies as skeletons (although, since Skeletons are already a UU for the Forbidden Land Eureka, I may use another unit and just call it an "unsent" OR have them enslave units to one of the fiend (barbarian) units).

So, what do you think?

Yeah, thanks for the image Quinn. Although it's too small to use, I think there's at least one or two castle/cathedral wonders already made that are fairly similar.

Also, I'll be calling the Evil Civ's version of the mage tower a Maester's Tower (Maesters were the higher-ups in the church of Yevon), and I'll probably have the Maesters enslave defeated foes to be some kind of fiend (particularly if I can get my super-advanced barb idea to work)....

Well, a few more updates: Still adding units, and have taken a slight break to work some more on my Paramekia LH.... I think all I need is a background, and he'll be ready:

Top Bottom