Final Fantasy Mod Progress Thread, Part III

Hikaro: I am abandoning all the stuff I was working on, and am willing top do some Bryce work for the FF MOD (since Id rather see it come out, than finish MWNN)...

I did alot of c-n-p work for FF before...I have skills now :) lemme help you out?

Hikaro: I am abandoning all the stuff I was working on, and am willing top do some Bryce work for the FF MOD (since Id rather see it come out, than finish MWNN)...

I did alot of c-n-p work for FF before...I have skills now :) lemme help you out?

Excelllllllent, Smithers!

..er, Thanks! I'm actually off to bed right now, but the main things that need worked on are the UI graphics (although the BIG ONES, such as ALL the advisor tabs and space-race screen are already finished, as well as all the tech boxes and wonder boxes... Still need the Civilopedia, wonder splash BG, victory status screens, etc done)... The unfinished version of which is posted a few pages back.

Also, I still need some help with the remaining Summoned creature SWs (although I found two potential candidates for the Zodiac Stones.. Just need to clear my project backlog a bit and put it all together). Other than that, and the fact that I have about half a dozen placeholder units (not including about 1/4 of the summoned creatures), the mod is ready to go. As long as I have the summoned creature SWs and UI finished, it'll be good enough for beta, AFAIK.... Oh, and the fact that the civilopedia is not quite finished, either.

yeah um...Im not so great at UI graphics (notice Ive released none)...but if you give me an idea of what you want, I can start em...

Tho Id rather do the SWs (Will need concept pics)...and do any needed work on the pedia (send the Civilopedia.txt to me and I can start filling it in)

Well, I'd post concept art for the various wonders and SW that are still needed, but I can't even find any half-decent in-game SCREENSHOTS anywhere on the net.... I could try a description, if I can remember/know of something that would work.

Here's the list of wonders:

The Great Gospel (FF I&II) Perhaps some religious-looking tome for the icons and a group of angels for the splash....
Garden (FF VIII) You know, where Squall & co trained at... I COULD get a couple of screenshots for you by tomorrow (HOORAY for FF VIII PC!)
Eidolon Wall (FF IX) Basically a wall with paintings of the different summoned creatures in FF IX (also has Princess Garnet's REAL name)
Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (FF X) The cave where you find Yojimbo in FF X
Trial By Wind (FFXI) Cape Terrigan from FF XI, where you get Garuda.

In addition, I still don't have any decent graphics for the following Great and Small wonders for all civs:

Zidane's Voyage (need a pic or two of the Blue Narcissus)
The White Materia (currently uses the SDI graphics) I may be able to hack together something from pics that Chris85 got for me for this one.....

also, here's the pedia text: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6607807&postcount=256

and the in-progress interface: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6797697&postcount=328

Thanks for the files... I've added the links to all the headers (even the ones with unfinished entries) and updated my civilopedia.txt file.

I'm also getting close to finishing the base version of Ultima, and have a few surprises that I'm going to add before I release her:

Sorry, not much, actually.....

School just started, and things have gotten a bit hectic around here, but I should have things sorted out by this weekend.... I'm still shooting for the end of September as a release date, but we'll see.

I COULD have finished Ultima as I'm using her in the game, but I decided to add some "bonus" animations so that, depending on which of the 3 .INI files or 2 Pedia Icons you use, you can either have:

Version 1 (default): Ultima is in the form of Alma Beoulve for the default, fidget and run animations. Fortify = Transform into Ultima. Attacks 1-3 are in Ultima form, and Victory = Transform back into Alma

Version 2: All Ultima version

Version 3: All Alma version

So basically you're getting 3 units for the price of one, but that also means that it's taken me about 2 weeks longer to finish this unit up (actually, I still have to make the final attack animation for the all Alma form, as well as the victory animation for the all Alma form)

Thanks! That's one less thing I have to worry about, now... Unfortunately, school's been eating up a lot of my time lately, but I should be caught up by the end of this week or next... Don't know when I'll have the mod out, but hopefully sometime before Christmas.

Blows dust off thread

*Cough, cough! WHEEEEZE!*

*Ahem*

I know that it's been quite some time since I last updated the progress of this mod, but here goes:

First of all, I'd like to know what people would think about adding additional bonus resources to the mod? I was thinking about adding the following (in order of highest probability to lowest):

Moogles: Bonus resource found in forests and ancient forests (jungle) that increases shields (2) and commerce (1)
Silver: Bonus resource found in mountains and hills that increases shields (1) and commerce (2)
Pearls: Increases commerce (3) in coastal tiles (both fresh and saltwater)
Striped Apples: Increases food (2) and commerce (1) in Forest tiles

Also planning on replacing the bananas with either the Sparkbags (Gourd Potatos) or Quench fruit (Rainbow Grapes) that I converted from the ToT Sci-fi game....

In addition, here's the remaining wonders and SW that I need to finish:

I still have the following Summon SW to do:

The Great Gospel (FF I&II ) (in progress, thanks to Blue Monkey)
Garden (FF VIII) (hope I can convince Orthanc to make a building version of his unit)
Eidolon Wall (FF IX)
Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (FF X)... Have basic splash... Need to work on the icons
Trial by Wind (FFXI) (in Progress, thanks to Chris85)
Zodiac Stones (World of Ivalice) (almost finished, thanks to some lucky googling and chris85... The Virgo stone will be used as the building icons, and I found two wicked pics of Ultima (Altima) that could be used for the splash)

In addition, I still don't have any decent graphics for the following Great and Small wonders for all civs:

Zidane's Voyage (need a pic or two of the Blue Narcissus)
The White Materia (In Progress, thanks to Chris85)

I'm also working on President Rufush Shinra (king unit), and a re-make of Terra Branford

Striped apples, gourd potatos and rainbow grapes (although I MAY just use the Quench fruit as a generic "fruit" resource instead of the bannanas) are all fruits/vegetables you can eat in FF Crystal Chronicles to temporarily boost certain stats (although if your charachter doesn't like something, you'll actually recieve a stat penalty, but the more you eat of something, the more you like it, so it's in your best interest to eat all the different types of foods, so that eventually you'll like them all and can use them to massively buff up before some big boss fight).

Oh, here's the current list of bonus resources (without the new ones, of course):

Rice (may change to corn in the near future): FP, Grassland & Plains
Sugar: Grasslands, Plains & Hills
Cattle: Grasslands & Plains
Fruit: Ancient Forest
Game: Forest, Ancient Forest, Swamps & tundra
Gold: Mountains & Hills
Sea Serpents: Coast & Sea
Fish: Coast & Sea
Kelp: Coast & Sea
Farm Village: *Special* (it is not placed, but rather created when you pop a goody hut and get cash... I set it as the "default money resource", so farm villages can show up anywhere there's a goody hut)

I may see about adding something else to the swamp list, like peat or something.

Oh, here's the current list of bonus resources (without the new ones, of course):

Rice (may change to corn in the near future): FP, Grassland & Plains
Sugar: Grasslands, Plains & Hills
Cattle: Grasslands & Plains
Fruit: Ancient Forest
Game: Forest, Ancient Forest, Swamps & tundra
Gold: Mountains & Hills
Sea Serpents: Coast & Sea
Fish: Coast & Sea
Kelp: Coast & Sea
Farm Village: *Special* (it is not placed, but rather created when you pop a goody hut and get cash... I set it as the "default money resource", so farm villages can show up anywhere there's a goody hut)

I may see about adding something else to the swamp list, like peat or something.

I`d keep rice, FF games are japanese after all :D

I never heard of the Farm Village thingy - goody huts leaving resources behind when you pop them..

Peat sounds good for swamps, and I like the rest of the list :)

Top Bottom