Final Fantasy Mod Progress Thread, Part III

It'd be awesome to add FFXI's Empire of Aht Urhgan :D
UU's Blue Mage, Corsair, Puppetmaster?

Unfortunately, all the civ slots have been filled, and I do not have any kind of idea of what for cities Aht Urhgan would have (or their names), leaders, etc either.... If Brady would release a new FF XI strat guide I might be able to add it and replace Selbina with them, however, the FFTA civ (Bervenia) already has the Blue Mage as UU (although it probably wouldn't be considered too awfully cheap if two civs shared a UU, since all civs DO have 3 each :mischief: )

Oh, and in other news, I am making a few slight changes in the music: This one steampunk musical artist known as Vernian Process has produced excellent renditions of Aeris' Theme and The Highwind Takes Flight, both of which he as given permission for me to use in the FF mod so long as I give appropriate credit.

Aht Urghan would be a much better choice than Selbina. Selbina is just a small outpost in the game, and it is heavily tied to the Kingdom of San d'Oria. So perhaps a better choice would be to turn it into a city of San d'Oria. Selbina is, by no means, a civilization/country.

The Blue Mages in XI are often called "Immortals" (the expansion that added Aht Urghan was heavily influenced by Middle-East cultures). Infact the Blue Mages, I would say, look extremely different than others in the series.

Here's a pic of the Blue Mages in FFXI>>

They also added Corsairs and Puppetmasters to the game>>

Cities for Aht Urghan? Easy...

Capital:Whitegate
Al Zahbi
Nashmau
o these are cities ^
o these are areas the Empire controls v
-WajaomWoodlands
-BhaflauThickets
-Halvung
-(ruins of)Alzaadal
-Mamool Ja Savagelands

The cities of Aht Urhgan look Middle Eastern.
if you need an actual picture, I can get them for you.
For now I can only get you this...

Leader:
Grand Vizier Razfahd (The actual leader is Empress Nashmeira II, but I recommend G.V.R. because the Empress is never really seen)

Military Leaders:
Captain/Immortal Raubahn
President Naja Salaheem
Abquhbah

Scientist:
Chief Alchemist Ghatsad

Flavors:
Militaristic & Commercial

If you need pictures, here's a nice chart of ALL of the people i've mentioned;
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/except/sn070305.jpg

Anyway, even if you don't chose to add Aht Urghan, I can HARDLY wait for this thing to come out! I'm, redundantly, a FF junky.:lol:

sorry for double post >.<

But, if you need to compare their importance, here's a map, Ive circled the countries and the areas they control.

Sweet! Now if you could include the names of other areas that are not necesarily cities under Aht Urgan's influence (sorta like how I added Gustaberg and Dangruf Wadi to Bastok's city list) so that I can have at least 16 or so cities (otherwise you'll get way too many "New" cities, if you know what I mean).

Also, all factions in the FF mod have 3 Traits.... Are the people of Aht Urgan more technology based (scientific), or are they more into magic (Religious)?

Second: The Blue Mages you show look almost identical to the ones from Final Fantasy Tactics: Advanced, as well as the "Oriental Mage" that MRTN made (which I'm already using as the Bervenian Blue Mage), so those two civs will shara that particualr UU (saving me some time and effort :D).

As for the corsair: DONE as well! I've just been ITCHING for an excuse to use the Captain Jack Sparrow unit I made in the FF mod, and now I have one! :D

Also, maybe I could just make one o the "Puppets" be a UU (sort of like the Cardian paladin I did for the Federation of Windhurst)? Also, perhaps maybe some kind of Pirate ship or oceanic unit might be good for the third UU as well?

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have a larger picture of the Grand Vizier, would you? It would make determining if there are any suitable LHs available/making one much easier.....

One last thing: What is the racial makeup of Aht Urgan? Hume? Elvaan? Mithra? Just wondering so's I know what kind of flavor unit lines to give them.....

Once we can hammer out some more details, I'll be making the necesary changes to the game.

Thanks for the help so far!

EDIT:

I've included a sample of what kind of Data I'd need for a FF mod civ (and how I came up with city names):

Civilization: Federation of Windhurst

Noun: Windhurstians
Adjective: Windhurstian

Leader Title: Star
Leader Name: Sybil

Culture Group: Asian (which in the FF mod uses cities that look like Windhurst's Cities)

Color: Dark Green

Favorite Government: Communism
Shunned Government: Corporate Republic
Aggression Level: Minimum

Traits: Agricultural, Religious (Seafaring)
Bonus Techs: Pottery, Ceremonial Burial (Alphabet)

Great Leaders:

Military: Semi Lafihna, Rhy Epocan, Kinono, Leepe-Hoppe, Ohbiru-Dohbiru

Scientific: Ajido, Pore-Ohre, Tosuka Porika

Cities:

Windhurst
Mhaura
Sarutabaruta
Toraimarai
Horutoto
Giddeus
Tahrongi
Kazham
Shakhrami
Onzozo
Buburimu
Boyahda
Dragon's Aery
Yhoator
Meriphataud
Balga's Dias
Uggalepih
Ifrit's Cauldron
Den of Rancor

UUs:
Cardian Paladin
TaruTaru Ranger
Mithra Ninja

AHT URHGAN
(This is the correct spelling, because I know that ill prob change the position of the h later)^

Civilization: Empire of Aht Urhgan

Noun:
Aht Urhgan
Adjective: Aht Urhgan

Leader Title: Grand Vizier
Leader Name: Razfahd

Culture Group: Mid-East

Color: Dark Red(Reddish , brownish, blackish)

Favorite Government:
Monarchy
Shunned Government: Despotism(It's my best guess)
Aggression Level: medium to high

Traits: Military, Commercial, Expansionist
Bonus Techs: Warrior Code, The Wheel

Great Leaders:
Military:
Captain/Immortal Raubahn
President Naja Salaheem
Abquhbah

Scientific:
Chief Alchemist Ghatsad

Cities:

Whitegate
Al Zahbi
Nashmau
WajaomWoodlands
BhaflauThickets
Halvung
(ruins of)Alzaadal
Aydeewa Subterrane
Mount Zhayolm
Nyzul Isle
Mamook
Leujaoam Sanctum
Ilrusi Atoll
Arrapago Reef
Periqia
Talacca Cove
--------------------------
Are the people of Aht Urhgan Religious or Scientific? I'd say Religious, they're ALWAYS defending and fighting barbarians for a force(I think it's a blessing received by winning battles vs the barbarians) called the "Astral candescence"(sp?). It makes them powerful when they have it.

OH a note, on the corsair unit I suggest you make it hidden nationality or something. Since they're more like mercenaries if anything.

Having just the puppet and not the puppetteer would make a great UU.^^

Grand Vizier(I couldnt find a very clear picture but...)

This is him in his armor...

this is wwhat his face will look liek pretty much

Aht Urhgan is mostly composed of Hume players.

So the 3 UU's will be BlueM.(Shared with Bervenia) Corsair, and Puppet. correct? ^^

Ok, Thanks for the info... The city list is still a bit light, but I can always do some deep digging (or stop at the local Gamestop and see if Brady finally got around to updating their FF XI strat guide) or come up with some more cities somehow.....

Yes, the UUs will be the Blue Mage:

The Corsair:

And the Puppet (which hasn't been made yet).

Also, based on your statements, perhaps maybe change the third flavor to Religious? Also, they will get the standard Human unit lineup with the Mid-eastern worker unit (I've not only got flavor workers, such as Bangaa for the World of Ivalice civs, Elvaan for the two Elvaan civs, etc for the civs that have a majority of a certain race, but I also have cultural group-based workers...)

Thanks, that brings it up to 18! I'll add the civ later (as well as re-assign Selbina's leaders and towns to some other civs).

Also, how do you think this would work for a puppet:

The puppets look like little robots, like this;

If you need any help with anything, please tell me.

Hmmm... something along those lines should be easy enough to do, although I'll have to make the arms and legs thicker (otherwise they won't show up at Civ-scale)

One more thing: for some reason I can't see that pic you posted of Grand Vizier Razfahd, so maybe you could re-post it? It would be really helpful for making the LH (although trying to find armor that looks like his is going to be a bee-yotch!)

Oh, I also included the Emperess and Lady Aphmau in with the Scientific Great Leaders (more for gameplay than anything).

In addition, can you get me some pic of the Palace or the capital (Whitegate) that I could convert into background images for the Grand Vizier LH I'll be making?

One final thing:With the demise of Selbina (which used Cyan as civ color), I've decided to re-assign that color to Dalmasca (FF XII, and more appropriate, judging by Dalmasca's archietecture), and give Aht Urhgan Dalmasca's former color, which was Red-Orange. How's that sound?

woops, I think I typed something wrong in that http://

anyway, here's another. From what I've seen, he seems like he is the standard human face players can chose.

here you go

if you need anything else let me know. civentries whatever. and good luck :goodjob:

Thanks!

Since we cross-posted (well, you posted while I was editing the previous post)

Here's the new info/requests I'd like to make available:

Oh, I also included the Emperess and Lady Aphmau in with the Scientific Great Leaders (more for gameplay than anything).

In addition, can you get me some pic of the Palace or the capital (Whitegate) that I could convert into background images for the Grand Vizier LH I'll be making?

One final thing:With the demise of Selbina (which used Cyan as civ color), I've decided to re-assign that color to Dalmasca (FF XII, and more appropriate, judging by Dalmasca's archietecture), and give Aht Urhgan Dalmasca's former color, which was Red-Orange. How's that sound?

Hehe, sorry about that cross posting ^^
Anyway,
A picture of the capital? Sure.:king:

Ok, here's a picture or Razfahd inside the palace

Here's the picture of Nashmeira II's Throne (you can see why no one knows what she looks like)

this is the city

The color idea is good, they are appropriate for both civs. Oh and I found a video that shows Razfahd, as well as some shots of Aht Urhgan, the city, and the Palace, I dont know if it will help much. But here it is in case it is useful(youtube ftw);

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DnQDxsWkcRA

Thanks for the Images! I'll probably end up using the outdoor shots, though, since they tend to fit my LH animating style better, but who knows.....

Also thanks for the video.

I'll add Aht Urhgan to the game (replacing Selbina) and adjust the color assignments when I'm done with my current unit project (Viera Infantry).

Cool ^^. They'll be the first Civ I play. heh. By the way, what else do you need to have done for the project to be finished besides Aht urghan and the LH?

Check the first couple of posts in this thread..... Even with the missing UUs aside, I still need to implement the summoned creatures and finish up the modern tech tree....

Okay, time for a few quick updates:

First of all, I've added Aht Urhgan and implemented what UUs I can for now....

...Also, I've added/updated all the Viera units for the World of Ivalice civs. Now, in addition to a Viera Settler and Bangaa worker flavor units, they also get Viera Archers, Viera Rangers, Viera Gunners and Viera Snipers. Bervenia (Final Fantasy Tactics: Advanced) will also get a Viera Assassin as a UU that will replace the Dragoon.

In addition, thanks to Aaglo's Ork Looted Basilisk, The Orcs now will have a full lineup of flavor artillery.

They will start with an Orc Ballista (Goblin Bolter), which upgrades to an Orc Trebuchet (Rock Lobba), which then upgrades to an Orc Bombard (Lobba), Orc Artillery (Ork Kannon) and Finally Orc Mobile Artillery (Looted Basislisk).

I've also changed out the Dwarf Crossbowman for the Dwarven Ranger with Plot's Dwarf Bowman (the heavily armored one), since the crossbow dude looked almost like the gunner at civ-scale. In addition, I'm (temporarily) using Aaglo's Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss as the Dwarf Marine (I'm planning on makeing a new one once I get around to opening the dwarf file Plot gave me, and when/if I can find a good Shako model for poser).

Top Bottom