1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy Mod Progress Thread, Part III

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by DJ Bonebraker, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

What guys? There`s only Hikaro..

2. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

I think he was referring to my team of Me, Myself and I, but since Me and Myself are lazy buggers, I get stuck with all the work. :lol:

3. bd41094

bd41094 Prince

uhhhhh:rockon:

4. Psionicle

Psionicle Chieftain

Well, I was reffering to Hikaro, and those who helped doing some of the units/buildings and those kind of things. :crazyeye:

5. PSmurf888

PSmurf888 Chieftain

keep up the good work hikaro, i cant wait till this is out

6. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

Here's a preview of the building that you requested. :) I'll widen the building a bit. The pics in the screenshots were a bit blurry. Is the building cylindrical or octagonal?

7. DJ Bonebraker

It's more or less cylindrical... It also has a semi-recessed double door in the front with a signboard with funky letters that look almost like Sanskrit over it (it's actually a wierd English alphabet font made to look like Sanskrit).

Other than that, it looks great.... If you want my grass texture, you can find it (I think) in either Spacer's thread for his wind farm or my Bryce tutorial thread...

8. Ogedei_the_Mad

Here's what I have so far. By the way, what do you mean by "semi-recessed double doors?"

Attached Files:

9. Stormrage

woo! Rin! :bounce:

I love it, OtM!

10. DJ Bonebraker

The best way to describe the doors would be as follows:

Create a negative cube that is slightly narrower in width than the space between the two outlying support buttresses, and group it with the main cylinder (providing it is not also part of a group), so that you have a rectangular indent into the side of the cylinder.

Next step, create two more cubes that are thinner and half the width of the negative cube and put a door-looking texture on them, and PRESTO!

Recessed double doors.

Final step would be to place the sign board above the doors...

Then render it as you would any of your other wonders (i.e. render for the splash and various icons).

I personally like to create a grouping of terrains and other props for the splash rendering (to give it a more realistic background), then hide the whole group when rendering the pedia icon and bldg icon shots.

11. DJ Bonebraker

Ok, I've started getting the Summoned creatures lineup sorted out... Here's what I"ve got so far:

Summons; Generated by game or civ-specific small wonders:

FFI & FFII "Good" civs (Light warriors and Fynn Alliance): Archangel (Shiro's Archangel), produced by the Sacred Order of Light SW which is available through the unique tech, Divine Intervention.

FFI & FFII "Bad" civs (Dark Warriors and Paramekian Emprie): Daemon (Kinboat's Balrog), produced by the Chaos Shrine SW available through the unique Daemonology tech

FF III: Undecided

FF IV (Baron): Odin, Produced by as yet to be determined SW the tech for which also needs to be named

FF V (Tycoon): Undecided

FF VI (Vector Emprie and Returner Alliance): Undetermeined summon produced by the Esper Statues SW which requires the Magicite unique tech.

FF VII (Shinra): Produces a Sephiroth Clone (Shiro's One-Winged Angel) from a Jenova Project SW which requires the Shinra Soldier Program unique tech.

FF VII (AVALANCHE): Bahamut Zero (Kinboat's Black Dragon) produced from a Huge Materia SW that requires the Unique tech Summon Materia.

FF VIII (Galbadia, Garden and Esthar): As yet undetermined summon produced by a yet to be named SW requiring a unique tech either called Guardian Forces or Para Magic.

FF IX (Lindblum and Alexandria): a Ramuh summon (made by yours truly) is produced by a SW called the Eidolon Wall which requires the Eidolons unique tech.

FF X (Al Bhed and Yevon): Most likely a Yojimbo (Kinboat's Kensai) summon produced by a Temple of the Fayth (or something like that) SW, which requires the Farplance unique tech.

FF XI (Bastok, Selbina, San d'Oria, and Windhurst): Most likely a Garuda summon (Aaglo's Keeper of the secrets) produced by a yet to be named SW requiring a unique tech called Avatars

FF XII, Tactics and Tactics Advanced (Archades, Dalmasca, Lesalia and Bervenia): A summoned unit called Ultima (Kinboat's female angel) will be produced by a SW called The Zodiac Stones which requires a tech called Totemas (that way I can kind of tie the Zodiac Braves/Totemas/Espers from the three World of Ivalice games, since most of the Zodiac Braves (including Ultima) also appear as Totemas in Tactics: Advanced and Espers in XII)

FF CC: No Idea

Orcs: No Idea

Dwarves: Dwarf Lord (Aaglo's Rune Smith) produced by a Hall of the Mountain King SW that requires the unique tech Dwarven Rune Lore.

12. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

Orc's are FF11 orcs, yeah? So howsabout some overly large brutish quasi-humanoid thing, like aaglo's fen-beast, to simulate some ancient orc spirit thing (they are shamanistic after all) or even at that, a shaman unit?

13. Ogedei_the_Mad

If I recall FFIV correctly, you get the Odin summon from the spirit of the late king of Baron as his last will to Cecil. His spirit was in a hidden dungeon under Baron Castle in a shrine. So the small wonder could be a shrine of some sort.

14. mport2004

mport2004 Chieftain

I there a demo we can play?

15. Kumquat

Kumquat Not an Orange

Hello Hikaro :wavey: I am a FF fan and am happy to see this mod is still being worked on after all these years :) Here are some suggestions for your summons.

FF III Shiva
    FF VI Maduin
    Spoiler :
    Terra's father :yup: I am sentimental :lol:

FF VIII Ifrit/Kinboat's Balrog
    For FF II aaglo has the Vermin Lord or Keeper of Secrets which would make great Daemons.

FF CC was horrible :( I have played it but I seem to have no recollection of any summons :confused: :hmm: How about doing a moogle and putting it on a chocobo?

Just trying to be helpful help :)

16. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Chieftain

Is this a mod for CivIII or IV, or even warlords?

I would gladly help you with making some 3d models if you'd like. In many years I've had in mind making a FF mod, but to little time has made it impossible. I've made a list of well suited FF songs for different eras if you are interested.

//Petter, petter_oberg@hotmail.com

17. Stormrage

:shake:

Petter... this mod is for CivIII (Conquests). The fact that this thread is in the CivIII Creation & Customization forum might`ve tipped you off ;)

Oh, and welcome to CFC, nice to see someone trying to be helpfull right from the start :)

18. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Chieftain

Hehe, oops. Sorry :)

19. PSmurf888

PSmurf888 Chieftain

hey hikaro, its been a while since an update...anything new?

20. blahpers

blahpers Chieftain

Greetings,

Just dropping by to let Hikaro know that there's still interest in this mod. I won't be picking up Civ4 for a long while now, and I'm just now getting into Civ3 mods.

Looking good!

/* blahpers */