1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy Mod Progress Thread, Part III

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by DJ Bonebraker, Jul 9, 2006.

1. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Sorry I haven't been working on this mod much guys... I just kind of lost interest for now, and have been too busy making things in real life (like my 5 position Aethernet relay and my hopefully soon to be finished Steampunk Telephone) to work on the mod.

I hopefully will be able to get back to it at the end of the month, especially since I'm at the point where I don't give a rat's last part over the fence whether I have all the units I need or not... I'll just throw together the modern era tech tree (and background), and call it an Alpha (or early beta) and upload it to see if anyone might be interested in helping out with the more time consuming stuff (read: buildings and units) then.

Actually, I HAVE been slowly gathering up some resources (units and such) during this time, but haven't implemented them yet.

2. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Wait. What is a Steampunk Telephone, and is it as funky as what I'm imagining?

3. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Knowing our dear friend here, its funky to the higher limits of cool ;) Care to post a few photos? :)

4. blahpers

blahpers Chieftain

Hey, I totally understand. It's hard for me to stay involved on even small mod projects when real life intrudes. If you ever decide to call it quits, consider throwing it all up on the web for others to work on. Even a partial mod can be fun.

5. DJ Bonebraker

Well, here's a pic of what the Handset is going to look like (it is the object in the center of the photograph):

And here's a few pics of some of my other projects:

Storm, thanks for the compliment! ;)

BTW, I'm planning on doing a re-re-make of the basic Advanced airship and a re-make of the basic steam airship and Red Wings (the current ones don't have enough charachter, IMO.... You can thank my current steampunk endeavors for that realization) starting sometime during this month. Then once I finish up all the units I've started and not got around to finishing (about a 3-month job), I'm going to be going hell-bent for leather to get a beta release out before all interest in the mod dies... I mean its only been almost 4 years, and still nothing to show for other than a few units, misc graphics and screenshots......

6. Kumquat

Kumquat Not an Orange

Hobbies do not have deadlines :lol: Those projects are...well Plotinus said it best funky ^_^

7. Stormrage

WTF is that thingy in the middle pic!? Or the one in the last pic for that matter? I can quess that one is something computer related (a modem?), but that glowing stick? Wha iz tha?

8. DJ Bonebraker

The Glowing Green thing is a hevily modified automotive Neon lamp that will serve as the power on indicater for my friend's 200 watt power amp when it's finished being modified (we're giving his power amp an extreme steampunk makeover).

The brass thing in the last pic is a 5-position Aethernet relay, a.k.a. 5-port LAN switch. I just bought a cheap NexTech 5-port high-speed router, and did a total case hack... I built a new case using brass plate from a door kickplate and a pushplate, a few decorative brass box corners from Home Depot and some Chrome LED assemblies from Radioshack.

9. Nosretep

Nosretep Chieftain

Say... will each Civ (or at least every Civ group) have their own music?

10. DJ Bonebraker

Well, I've replaced all the normal background music with FF stuff... Not sure exactly what, but here's a list of song I know I used (not in any particular order):

Auron's Theme
    Cid Highwind's Theme
    Cosmo Canyon Theme
    The Highwind Takes Flight
    Fighting (I think)
    Still More Fighting
    FF IX Normal Battle
    FF X Battle (I think)
    Sword of Doubt
    Dark Messenger
    One Winged Angel
    FF VIII Overture
    Maybe I am a Lion
    The Man With the Machinegun
    Crazy Motorcycle
    Prelude
    Seymour Battle Theme
    Balamb Garden

I'm probably forgetting some, though......

11. Stormrage

Awesome list! :D Can you throw in that Hard Rock song from FF X? I love that song! :rockon:

12. blahpers

blahpers Chieftain

Heh, that would be "Otherworld". Not sure how well that'd work as ambient music. I always thought it sounded like Cookie Monster doing black metal.

13. DJ Bonebraker

I tried using that song, but unfortunately, it proved to be VERY distracting, not to mention anoying when it would randomly loop about 5 times in a row.....

14. Kumquat

Kumquat Not an Orange

Will there be any music from the SNES era(it had the best music IMO)?

15. DJ Bonebraker

Not as of now... I'm not familliar with any of the game music prior to VII, and I included most of my personal favorite songs.... Of course, the music is going to be part of an optional pack (which will hopefully include a custom intro video), so you don't have to download it if you don't like it.

16. Kumquat

Kumquat Not an Orange

FFIV had some great music...too bad.

17. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

6 had great music aswell :)

18. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

I personally couldn't stand the FFVI soundtrack. Nothing beats FFIV. ;)

I think the tracks Hikaro listed are good enough, however.

19. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Uhhh... I have FF 1 and 2 for the Game Boy! The music on those are alright!

20. Nosretep

Nosretep Chieftain

Agreed. Even though I've barely played that game, I think some of the music should be in this.