Final Fantasy Mod Progress Thread, Part III

Sorry I haven't been working on this mod much guys... I just kind of lost interest for now, and have been too busy making things in real life (like my 5 position Aethernet relay and my hopefully soon to be finished Steampunk Telephone) to work on the mod.

I hopefully will be able to get back to it at the end of the month, especially since I'm at the point where I don't give a rat's last part over the fence whether I have all the units I need or not... I'll just throw together the modern era tech tree (and background), and call it an Alpha (or early beta) and upload it to see if anyone might be interested in helping out with the more time consuming stuff (read: buildings and units) then.

Actually, I HAVE been slowly gathering up some resources (units and such) during this time, but haven't implemented them yet.

Sorry I haven't been working on this mod much guys... I just kind of lost interest for now, and have been too busy making things in real life (like my 5 position Aethernet relay and my hopefully soon to be finished Steampunk Telephone) to work on the mod.

I hopefully will be able to get back to it at the end of the month, especially since I'm at the point where I don't give a rat's last part over the fence whether I have all the units I need or not... I'll just throw together the modern era tech tree (and background), and call it an Alpha (or early beta) and upload it to see if anyone might be interested in helping out with the more time consuming stuff (read: buildings and units) then.

Actually, I HAVE been slowly gathering up some resources (units and such) during this time, but haven't implemented them yet.

Hey, I totally understand. It's hard for me to stay involved on even small mod projects when real life intrudes. If you ever decide to call it quits, consider throwing it all up on the web for others to work on. Even a partial mod can be fun.

Wait. What is a Steampunk Telephone, and is it as funky as what I'm imagining?

Well, here's a pic of what the Handset is going to look like (it is the object in the center of the photograph):

And here's a few pics of some of my other projects:

Storm, thanks for the compliment! ;)

BTW, I'm planning on doing a re-re-make of the basic Advanced airship and a re-make of the basic steam airship and Red Wings (the current ones don't have enough charachter, IMO.... You can thank my current steampunk endeavors for that realization) starting sometime during this month. Then once I finish up all the units I've started and not got around to finishing (about a 3-month job), I'm going to be going hell-bent for leather to get a beta release out before all interest in the mod dies... I mean its only been almost 4 years, and still nothing to show for other than a few units, misc graphics and screenshots......

WTF is that thingy in the middle pic!? Or the one in the last pic for that matter? I can quess that one is something computer related (a modem?), but that glowing stick? Wha iz tha?

The Glowing Green thing is a hevily modified automotive Neon lamp that will serve as the power on indicater for my friend's 200 watt power amp when it's finished being modified (we're giving his power amp an extreme steampunk makeover).

The brass thing in the last pic is a 5-position Aethernet relay, a.k.a. 5-port LAN switch. I just bought a cheap NexTech 5-port high-speed router, and did a total case hack... I built a new case using brass plate from a door kickplate and a pushplate, a few decorative brass box corners from Home Depot and some Chrome LED assemblies from Radioshack.

Well, I've replaced all the normal background music with FF stuff... Not sure exactly what, but here's a list of song I know I used (not in any particular order):

Auron's Theme
Cid Highwind's Theme
Cosmo Canyon Theme
The Highwind Takes Flight
Fighting (I think)
Still More Fighting
FF IX Normal Battle
FF X Battle (I think)
Sword of Doubt
Dark Messenger
One Winged Angel
FF VIII Overture
Maybe I am a Lion
The Man With the Machinegun
Crazy Motorcycle
Prelude
Seymour Battle Theme
Balamb Garden

I'm probably forgetting some, though......

Awesome list! :D Can you throw in that Hard Rock song from FF X? I love that song! :rockon:

Heh, that would be "Otherworld". Not sure how well that'd work as ambient music. I always thought it sounded like Cookie Monster doing black metal.

I tried using that song, but unfortunately, it proved to be VERY distracting, not to mention anoying when it would randomly loop about 5 times in a row.....

Not as of now... I'm not familliar with any of the game music prior to VII, and I included most of my personal favorite songs.... Of course, the music is going to be part of an optional pack (which will hopefully include a custom intro video), so you don't have to download it if you don't like it.

I personally couldn't stand the FFVI soundtrack. Nothing beats FFIV. ;)

I think the tracks Hikaro listed are good enough, however.

Top Bottom