Final Fixes Reborn

Is the mercenary option glitched? I noticed that when I put multiple units into it or contract them out they get hired but give me no money, upon taking them back their racial promotions have changed and it permanently costs me extra mercenary maintenance even after deleting the unit.

the racial promotion is a glitch i've fixed, the rest i wasn't aware, i'll look into it.

to be clear, the issue is : as a hippus, you don't get the cash for the units you're contracting out, but when getting them back, you get mercenary maintenance ?

The system is quite recent and i haven't had much feedback yet on it, so if you find other bugs, that'll be very helpful

Edit : ok found the upkeep thing.

Last edited:
to be clear, the issue is : as a hippus, you don't get the cash for the units you're contracting out, but when getting them back, you get mercenary maintenance ?

Yes.

One thing I did find however is, (keep in mind the game we are playing is hotseat) if I contract units out and they are hired by another human player, I get the extra gold. Upon cancelling their contract (receiving units back), I accrue extra maintenance costs to my gold reserves. I also waited a couple turns thinking it would be resolved and still the same amount of maintenance even after deleting the unit.

For feedback I think it would be great if the contracted units out retained their prior racial promotions. For instance in our current game, if Orcs hire a Hippus horseman that horseman is a Hippus unit not converted to a Orcish unit. I do understand programming limitations especially with a very small team so obviously I wouldn't be upset if it sat on the backburner. One thing I find very funny though is after I pulled the contract he was an Orcish unit which seemed to be a bit of an exploit, by gaining the Orcish promotion and having the horselord promotion. I was also wondering if there is supposed to be experience gain for those units contracted out? I don't know if even the other civs even used them though and on top of that I could see civilization names for leaders I haven't met yet as well.

I do think on the Mercenary system and "drool" over it. It seems to be a very awesome system and as a mainly Hippus player I get very excited. I was also wondering if for some reason that unit was deleted by another human player, does that unit get returned to me? I think it would be great that if for Mercenary units that are hired that instead of a "Delete" button there was a "Terminate Contract" button instead.

Last thing to touch on is, I wish there was a civilopedia entry on the Mercenary System. It is a very new concept to me and I wanted to make sure it was being used correctly. Maybe adding a FFH Concepts entry could help?

If you would like the save game just let me know, I should still have it.

Another glitch I wanted to point out, unrelated to my previous post is, after my brother, the Orcs, casted a potion of invisibility his Orc unit took on a human appearance.

not at the moment for current games, as options are saved inside the save file. i'll try to think about a proper way to do it.

Yeah, I didn't think save games could be edited that easily, how to I change the hidden options so it doesn't automatically start with no events flagged though?

run a play now game, it'll reset the hidden options ( the issue comes from going from one mod to another, since options aren't in the same order, you end up having some options activated because you had the option at the same rank activated in the other mod, play now game resets all that)

Yes.

One thing I did find however is, (keep in mind the game we are playing is hotseat) if I contract units out and they are hired by another human player, I get the extra gold. Upon cancelling their contract (receiving units back), I accrue extra maintenance costs to my gold reserves. I also waited a couple turns thinking it would be resolved and still the same amount of maintenance even after deleting the unit.
th extra maintenance was a glitch which i fixed last night, so it'll be in next revision

For feedback I think it would be great if the contracted units out retained their prior racial promotions. For instance in our current game, if Orcs hire a Hippus horseman that horseman is a Hippus unit not converted to a Orcish unit. I do understand programming limitations especially with a very small team so obviously I wouldn't be upset if it sat on the backburner. One thing I find very funny though is after I pulled the contract he was an Orcish unit which seemed to be a bit of an exploit, by gaining the Orcish promotion and having the horselord promotion. I was also wondering if there is supposed to be experience gain for those units contracted out? I don't know if even the other civs even used them though and on top of that I could see civilization names for leaders I haven't met yet as well.
the racial thing was also a glitch. there's is experience gain normally. as for the civ names, i can't really do much about it

I do think on the Mercenary system and "drool" over it. It seems to be a very awesome system and as a mainly Hippus player I get very excited. I was also wondering if for some reason that unit was deleted by another human player, does that unit get returned to me? I think it would be great that if for Mercenary units that are hired that instead of a "Delete" button there was a "Terminate Contract" button instead.
There should be both a delete and terminate contract button, both should return the unit to you.

Last thing to touch on is, I wish there was a civilopedia entry on the Mercenary System. It is a very new concept to me and I wanted to make sure it was being used correctly. Maybe adding a FFH Concepts entry could help?

If you would like the save game just let me know, I should still have it.
i'm gonna write this when i have a bit of time

Another glitch I wanted to point out, unrelated to my previous post is, after my brother, the Orcs, casted a potion of invisibility his Orc unit took on a human appearance.
i'll look into it

would something like that work for the Concept page ? :

Spoiler Mercenary Concept Entry :

A new system for Mercenaries is introduced in Ashes of Erebus. Once one of the civilizations researches Trade, Everyone will get access to a new Mercenary menu. In this menu, you'll be able to hire Mercenaries from a pool of units generated based on the world's technology, including units from Civilizations not currently in game. While expensive, both at hiring and when under contract, those units can be useful to strengthen an occasional weakness.
Note that Mercenaries don't die when they lose a fight, but flee and leave your service. They will appear back in the Mercenary Pool, with their price evolving to indicate their increasing experience.
Finally, some Leaders (most notably the Hippus) are able to send their own units to the Mercenary Pool (and call them back if needed). If one such unit is hired, the original owner will receive the fees.

I had no idea that that was even a thing, and yeah, the concept entry there explains it all perfectly.

Ok, so i've fixed the mercenary glitches.

I've also finally reached a satisfying break point on the Leaderhead diplomacy xml ( i've still have a few more specific stuff to review on it, but most values have been revamped, it should make for less passive runs).
And i'm done with the first version of the Afterworld Update. I'm doing a few runs to ensure that things work as intended, but you can expect the next revision in the next week. (it will be save-breaking)

Last edited:
I love the Mercenary concept entry, I actually just learned some new things!

I've noticed Tasunke still doesn't have a leader entry. I do think he had one in the Orbis modmod though. I've always played mainly Hippus and since day one of ffh2 there still hasn't been any update to his entry.

Last edited:
On CTDs is there a dump file (.log) somewhere? I'm having a consistent crash in a game during turn 206 and knowing that the next update is save breaking I was really trying to finish the game, at the same time I don't like burdening anyone with something so minuscule. It is a hotseat game but if anyone gets the chance...

Attachments

• Hafgan the Purger Turn_0206.CivBeyondSwordSave
    894.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Tasunke Turn_0206.CivBeyondSwordSave
    894.4 KB · Views: 33
I have an entry for tasunke, which is basically one scenario scene where he's appearing. i'll try to remember adding it before commiting. For the crash, at this point, it would require me to revert my testing setup to former revision, which i don't really want to do so close to next revision. I can look at the logs though (C:Users\My Documents\ My Games\ Bts \Logs)

just had the civil unrest causes improvements to be destroyed thing, got a popup that was something like 'LOOTERSEVENT_4', didn't think to record it till after I'd closed it though.

The ones I found, I saw nothing of significance that stood out to me.

Spoiler Logs :

Init

Code:
[74349.984] DBG: CIV Init
[74349.984] VERSION: App: Z:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\beyond the sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[74350.000] VERSION: Build: Thu May 14 10:17:10 2009
[74350.000] VERSION: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
[74352.046] VERSION: Mod Loaded: Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\
[74352.062] DBG: FILE Cat Init

xml

Code:
[74353.578] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
[74353.609] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[74353.609] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfo)
[74353.609] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
[74353.625] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[74353.625] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfo)

MLF

Code:
[65648.265] Entering MLF
[65648.265]

The game will now load the modules into the load vector in the order set by the MLF files:
[65648.265] Load Priority: 0, "modules\LoadOrderVitalModules\FirstLoad"
[65648.265] Load Priority: 1, "modules\LoadOrderVitalModules\SecondLoad"
[65648.265] Load Priority: 2, "modules\LoadOrderVitalModules\ThirdLoad"
[65648.265] Load Priority: 3, "modules\LoadOrderVitalModules\FourthLoad"
[65648.265] Load Priority: 4, "modules\NormalModules"
[65648.265] Finished the MLF, you will now continue loading regular XML files

resmgr was empty

Is there a reason Mokka spawns with channeling 2? He doesn't actually seem to gain any experience or level up, and he doesn't have any spells either.

Couple of issues with events - I got the one about finding a new assassins guild and selected the option to receive an 'order of the night blade' unit, but he never actually spawned. The other one is the poisoned water supply. I had an option to spend gold and clean the water or leave nature to fix it, but both of them listed +3 unhealthy to ALL cities, not just the city the event fired off at.

Couple of issues with events - I got the one about finding a new assassins guild and selected the option to receive an 'order of the night blade' unit, but he never actually spawned. The other one is the poisoned water supply. I had an option to spend gold and clean the water or leave nature to fix it, but both of them listed +3 unhealthy to ALL cities, not just the city the event fired off at.

The order of the night blade is a building, not a unit.
as for the other one, i think it's just a display error, i remember adding an additional help text to clarify it. I'll look into it

Top Bottom