Final Fixes Reborn

Everything is currently in the my documents one. The steam one already says Mods, didn't need to change that one.

With the Mods folder being renamed, try deleting the cache and test again.
(the cache is in C:\Users\(name)\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache)

if it still doesn't work, open the Civ4.thm in Resource (with any text editor). what is in it ?

Cleared the cache still errors when loading via in-game and launcher still won't launch. I get the following inside Civ4.thm:

// *** Control Bitmap Theme file

// Set the resource
resource_path "Mods/Ashes of Erebus/Resource";

// Setup common properties
include "Mods/Ashes of Erebus/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";

Yeah, the same ones when starting from within the game. Below is the fill list of errors. Still don't know why the launcher won't run the game, and there is no option to point to a directory of file to launch.

reading old threads and past posts about this issue, the mod should be in in the Mods folder that is in the game installation folder : Steam/steamapps/common/Sider Meier Civilization 4 / and not the my Documents one. It may also help to delete the Civilization4.ini file in MyDocuments/My Games/ beyond the sword

Still no luck. When I put it in the steam mod folder, it doesn't show up in the game, and the launcher still just exits and won't open game when I click launch.

Alright, man! I think we got this. I put the mod in that folder and I also moved the Beyond the Sword from the E drive to C drive which is why the launcher wasn't working. It was searching for it on C when it wasn't there. However, I am now able to get into the game without it crashing, but I'm still getting those XML errors.

ok, that's weird, the modules are in the correct folders, you shouldn't get those particuliar xml errors, unless it misloaded and cached them ( in which case, try deleting the cache ^^)

Top Bottom